U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 07:24 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,936,971 times

Advertisements

thing is, this type of behavior rarely happens...i remember seeing film from a game way back, can't remember the teams or date, but similar deal, except the victom had the ball running down the sidelines and got TACKLED by a player standing on the sidelines!!

okay, found the footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSteCSinjTs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 07:51 AM

8,309 posts, read 34,408,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
thing is, this type of behavior rarely happens...i remember seeing film from a game way back, can't remember the teams or date, but similar deal, except the victom had the ball running down the sidelines and got TACKLED by a player standing on the sidelines!!

okay, found the footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSteCSinjTs
You know, I think that these are very different animals. I think that the events of the '54 cotton bowl are more harmless somehow. Those were college kids who were passionate and, somehow, without malice. That guy was an overgrown baby who couldn't stand watching his team getting blown out and the desire to do something about it was overriding. He knew he screwed up and tried to hide behind his coach, much the way that my 2 year old does when he knows he's messed up. "Red? Red? Who on Oith sent that boy out to tackle mah boy???" That's actually funny in a "WTF!?" kind of way.

A member of the coaching staff for a professional organization deliberately interfering with the path of a non-essential player on a change-of-possession special teams play in a "sneaky" manner is, to me, mindless malice. He wasn't thinking about the Sportscenter highlights, he wasn't thinking about what would happen if the Jets returned the punt for a touchdown to the returner's left, he just decided to do something juvenile and dirty in the split second that he had the opportunity.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:32 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,414,215 times
Yea he has to be fired... No excuses. Should have already been fired. So maybe he wont be. That's Rex Ryan's staff for u...

Old 12-14-2010, 05:25 AM

13,820 posts, read 18,794,708 times
Yep fire the piece of cow dung . And it really chafes my rear end that Mike Ditka stood up for him . I can understand that because Ditka that worthless piece of cow dung almost got fired numerous times . I mean kids watch football and they see this as okay , nope FIRE HIM !!!! Bottom Line .

Old 12-14-2010, 07:28 AM

6,777 posts, read 10,177,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yep fire the piece of cow dung . And it really chafes my rear end that Mike Ditka stood up for him . I can understand that because Ditka that worthless piece of cow dung almost got fired numerous times . I mean kids watch football and they see this as okay , nope FIRE HIM !!!! Bottom Line .
What do kids have to do with it? As a parent, it's YOUR job to teach your kid. Not the NFL's or TV's job.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:03 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,088,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
What do kids have to do with it? As a parent, it's YOUR job to teach your kid. Not the NFL's or TV's job.
Well said, Calico!

Sally Boy should have been permanently relieved of his duties, IMO. It's unsportsmanlike, unprofessional, and an injury could have happened.

Regarding your parents comment...

Judging by some on this forum; I wouldn't be surprised if a TV was the lone source of discipline doled out to their brood. When I was told right from wrong, I had parents to look me in the eye to make sure I understood. When I really misbehaved, I got disciplined - Bensonhurst style.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:11 PM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
It's a travesty! It's worse than the holocaust! But seriously, the guy got caught up in emotion and did something stupid. It resulted in....no damage whatsoever.

Fine him, let him apologize and move on.

Seriously, week in and week out we have guys spearing other guys getting into major trouble (real trouble not this pansy crap) out in the real world....it's really not that big of a deal.

If you fire a guy over this....what do you do the next time one of your players is pulled over with a loaded gun, or his posse stabs some guy outside a strip club or he beats a guy and throws him out a window or is accused of sexual assault?

Old 12-14-2010, 12:18 PM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
...and guys like Ray Lewis, Michael Vick and Big Ben get large contracts?

What I'm hearing in this thread is that the trainer guy should probably have tripped the player then shot and stabbed him before raping him on the sideline. Then we would give him a pay raise to a couple million instead of talking about firing him.

Ooooooh think about the chillllllldren! We can't have them exposed to a guy tripping someone. Now let's cheer for the guy that was arrested last summer for beating one of his baby mommas....because he's on our team!

P.S. If this is the level of offense you reach for getting booted from the NFL...there would be maybe enough players and coachs left to field 4 teams. Ok, gotta run...Brett Favre is giving his press conference and I'm running low on vicodin and want to text naked pictures of myself to this gal I met at work before my wife gets home.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:42 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,721,974 times
not a smart move at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football