Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:29 AM

426 posts, read 958,242 times

Advertisements

The NFC West is PATHETIC, no doubt.

But.......the division did produce the NFC representative in the Super bowl twice in the last few years.

I know it means nothing THIS year, but it's all we have to hang our hats on for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 10:24 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fy10fyr View Post
The NFC West is PATHETIC, no doubt.

But.......the division did produce the NFC representative in the Super bowl twice in the last few years.

I know it means nothing THIS year, but it's all we have to hang our hats on for now.
could come down to the top 3 teams entering the last week with 6 - 9 records

Old 12-20-2010, 10:29 AM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
It's a shame for real, that entire division needs to be contracted and start all over.

Today is 12/18/10:

St. Louis 6 wins 7 losses
Seattle 6 wins 7 losses
San Francisco 5 wins 9 losses
Arizona 4 wins 9 losses

The sad thing about it is that Seattle got blown out by a garbage 49er team and they can still win the division...even worse, that garbage 5 win 3rd place 49er team can still win the division (for them).
Not that long ago, the Arizona Cardinals won the NFC West at 9-7, and most people thought they were undeserving of a playoff spot.

The Cards advanced to the Super Bowl that year.

I am not saying any of the teams in the NFC West will go on a similar run this year; but you win the division, you get a home game in the playoffs. That is how it has been for decades in the NFL.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:41 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Not that long ago, the Arizona Cardinals won the NFC West at 9-7, and most people thought they were undeserving of a playoff spot.

The Cards advanced to the Super Bowl that year.

I am not saying any of the teams in the NFC West will go on a similar run this year; but you win the division, you get a home game in the playoffs. That is how it has been for decades in the NFL.
That's the thing though, I had good something good to say about Arizona's offense, they were explosive.

I wish I had something good to say about a team from the West but I just don't don't have anything good to say because they're all levels below mediocre. Maybe the "winner" of the West will give their opponent a false sense of security and pull off the upset.

In my opinion, this 4/5 match-up is nothing more than a glorified bye for the 5 seed. It'll give the Saints a chance to explore St. Louis some more and get practice in.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:25 PM

8,978 posts, read 17,284,870 times
Quote:
That's the thing though, I had good something good to say about Arizona's offense, they were explosive.

I wish I had something good to say about a team from the West but I just don't don't have anything good to say because they're all levels below mediocre. Maybe the "winner" of the West will give their opponent a false sense of security and pull off the upset.

In my opinion, this 4/5 match-up is nothing more than a glorified bye for the 5 seed. It'll give the Saints a chance to explore St. Louis some more and get practice in.
I hope the Rams do win that division, I think they can put a scare into New Orleans in the first round. Sam Bradford is good looking rookie, Stephen Jackson is a good running back, and the D has shown flashes of greatness this year. Over the course of history, teams have been steamrolled by a team in the regular season only to avenge that loss in the playoffs. No one is going to confuse the 2010 Rams with the 2008 Cardinals; but the criticism of the Cards that year was very loud. The 2008 Cards lost some awful games:

48-20 loss to the Eagles
35-14 loss to the Vikings
47-7 loss to the Patriots

The 2008 Cardinals were 1-4 in the regular season against playoff teams that year; that included losses to the Panthers and Eagles, teams they would defeat in the playoffs.

I am not saying any team in the 2010 NFC West can do that again, but I do think people need to calm down on their ripping of the NFC West.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:38 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
EDIT

Tampa's out (next year maybe) and New Orleans will not be tanking anything now. The NFC West is funny, they failed to win a game this week (I think it's the 4th time that's happened to that division).

TVSG, keep sleeping on the Dirty Birds, it's nothing new. I saw your other thread, I didn't know that weak teams came in the 12-2 variety...That made me smile a little.

I'm sleeping on the dirty birds because they lost to a Eagles team by 30 with Kevin Kolb at QB

Old 12-26-2010, 08:09 PM

45,580 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm sleeping on the dirty birds because they lost to a Eagles team by 30 with Kevin Kolb at QB
It was 31-17, but it wasn't that close if I remember correctly.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:12 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Are you sure? Did the Falcons have a garbage TD's at the end?

Old 12-26-2010, 08:17 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I remember the Falcons being 28-10 and I just turned it off because I thought it would be 49-10.

But keep in mind that was 28-10 with Kevin kolb

Old 12-26-2010, 08:49 PM
FBJ

in order for the Giants to make the playoffs this has to happen now

1. Giants have to beat the Skins

2. Bears have to beat the Packers

OR

1. Giants beat the Redskins

2. Packers beat the Bears

3.Saints lose to Atlanta and Tampa Bay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football