U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-17-2010, 02:53 PM
 
2,758 posts, read 4,923,894 times
Reputation: 1114

Advertisements

Okay, so the playoff picture is starting to become more clear after 13 games but a lot can still happen.

Here's the current playoff standing for the NFC (the better conference this year): 2010 NFL Playoff Standing.

Right now, it looks as if the South and East will get two teams while the North gets 1 and the West will get 1 (even though they're undeserving). When it's all said and done, I think it'll look like this:

1)ATL 13-3
2)Philly 12-4
3)Chicago 11-5
4)It really doesn't matter but I'll say St. Louis 7-9 or 8-8
5)New Orleans 13-3
6)Tampa Bay 11-5*

*I think New Orleans will tank the Jan 2nd game for strategic reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-17-2010, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,365,433 times
Reputation: 3070
I would be oh so happy with a Bears/Bucs matchup first round. I think the Bears have a real good shot at the 2nd spot though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 03:17 PM
 
9,585 posts, read 8,889,712 times
Reputation: 5814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Okay, so the playoff picture is starting to become more clear after 13 games but a lot can still happen.

Here's the current playoff standing for the NFC (the better conference this year): 2010 NFL Playoff Standing.

Right now, it looks as if the South and East will get two teams while the North gets 1 and the West will get 1 (even though they're undeserving). When it's all said and done, I think it'll look like this:

1)ATL 13-3
2)Philly 12-4
3)Chicago 11-5
4)It really doesn't matter but I'll say St. Louis 7-9 or 8-8
5)New Orleans 13-3
6)Tampa Bay 11-5*

*I think New Orleans will tank the Jan 2nd game for strategic reasons.

And another kick in the nuts to the NY football Giants..

If Philly thinks they are waltzing in and out of NY with an easy W..think again.

T.B get the tiebreak on the Giants? I think they both go 11-5 as does Philly. Tiebreaks are obviously key.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 03:18 PM
 
2,758 posts, read 4,923,894 times
Reputation: 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I would be oh so happy with a Bears/Bucs matchup first round. I think the Bears have a real good shot at the 2nd spot though.
Some time ago I sent a playoff link to KidPhilly and I thought that Chicago was done. I actually thought that Green Bay would take the 3rd spot but Chicago could go 2-1 to finish out the regular season. I'm so into this, I can't wait until the playoffs start. That Jets vs Chicago game looks interesting. Rodgers will be back for GB and they'll still have a lot riding on that week 17 match-up...so Chicago could drop that one.

Tampa's pretty tough but I'd put my money on Chicago (I probably wouldn't touch that one).

Last edited by David Alleyne; 12-17-2010 at 03:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 03:29 PM
 
2,758 posts, read 4,923,894 times
Reputation: 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
And another kick in the nuts to the NY football Giants..

If Philly thinks they are waltzing in and out of NY with an easy W..think again.

T.B get the tiebreak on the Giants? I think they both go 11-5 as does Philly. Tiebreaks are obviously key.
I think NY has the tie breaker over Tampa while Tampa has the tie breaker over GB. I have to get back with you regarding a Philly/NYG tie situation but I would love to see the Giants come to ATL (at least the crowd'll be on the Dirtybird's side)...unfortunately, I don't think the G-Men will get the cut.

Philly
@Green Bay (A Rodgers will be back, fresh off the loss to NE, they're going to show up)
@Washington

EDIT:Philly wins the tiebreaker.

Last edited by David Alleyne; 12-17-2010 at 03:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 03:54 PM
 
9,585 posts, read 8,889,712 times
Reputation: 5814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
I think NY has the tie breaker over Tampa while Tampa has the tie breaker over GB. I have to get back with you regarding a Philly/NYG tie situation but I would love to see the Giants come to ATL (at least the crowd'll be on the Dirtybird's side)...unfortunately, I don't think the G-Men will get the cut.

Philly
@Green Bay (A Rodgers will be back, fresh off the loss to NE, they're going to show up)
@Washington

EDIT:Philly wins the tiebreaker.
We will see...I refer to 2007 season. The Giants were counted out more times than I care to remember..Count us out@!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 04:21 PM
 
2,758 posts, read 4,923,894 times
Reputation: 1114
How do you see this going down? Who do you see making it and who's seeded where?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,365,433 times
Reputation: 3070
1. Atlanta
2. Bears

3. NYG
4. NFC West winner--dont care who (Ill say StL)
5. NO
6. PHI

Bears over Atl in NFC championship (what the hell).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 05:41 PM
 
Location: Asheville
7,529 posts, read 6,150,226 times
Reputation: 6869
I don't see anyone going into Atlanta and getting a win
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-17-2010, 10:53 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,839 posts, read 7,899,954 times
Reputation: 12690
The fact that ANY team from the NFC West is going to get (more so host) a single playoff game is rediculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top