Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 09:12 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
Easy. The Snow Job game. January 19, 2002. Seeing my Raiders get tucked out of certain victory in playoff game up in Foxboro. Almost as bad is all of the incessant tom brady ballwashing that followed from this game forward. The play is frustrating on several levels. For one, it was called a fumble on the field. The fumble occurred with 1:43 left in the game. new england had no timeouts remaining so if brady's fumble had occurred with more than two minutes remaining, they wouldn't have even been able to challenge it and the play would have stood correctly called on the field. Instead, since it was under two minutes the review automatically came from the replay booth and calamity ensued.

LMAO... I guess the conspiracy theorist think this rule was just created out of the blue to help the Patriots win, when in fact that rule had been called at least 3 times in the 01 season alone. In week 2 the Patriots had it called on them vs the Jets and Vinny Testeverde which led to a Jets FG instead of a Pats turnover. It was also used in a Rams vs Bucs game as well as a Denver vs Redskins game. If your going to argue football at least know the facts. I know it sucks to be on the losing end of a playoff game I lived through the 2007 Superbowl, but at least get the facts right about the tuck rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 09:13 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,612,226 times
Had to be the 2007 SB. DAMN YOU DAVID TYREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Old 12-28-2010, 09:26 AM

719 posts, read 1,552,819 times
Most memorable AND most painful for me was Super Bowl 45 at NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League
The words "Wide Right" will always make my stomach churn...

Old 12-28-2010, 09:31 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,888,203 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI-7E...layer_embedded#!

Old 12-30-2010, 08:29 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
12/1/85 - Eagles take 23-0 lead into the 4th quarter against the Vikings but Minnesota scores 4 touchdowns in the last 11-12 minutes to win 28-23. The Eagles were 6-6 going into the game and a fringe playoff contender (they hadn't been in the playoffs in 4 years so being a fringe contender was notable).
OMG... I was at that game! My father got lost on the way to the stadium and we didn't even get there until the 2nd quarter, so the only reason we even stayed till the end was out of principle to make up for the lost time... lol What a miserable day, but a very entertaining finish.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Pats never had a dynasty. The only true Dynasty was the 49ers.
The Steelers dominating the 70s, or the Packers dominating the 60s don't count?

That's why I can't stand some Niner fans- they think the NFL didn't exist before 1981.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:39 AM

Anyway, I have two games. One is Super Bowl 32, where Holmgren spent more time trying to decide whether to bolt to Seattle than actually game plan for a championship. And I hope Gabe Wilkins contracted a mild but chronic social disease for what he pulled that day

The other game that gives me a sad to this day was the 4th-and-26 debacle. After that game, I would have gladly driven Mike Sherman to the airport for a one-way flight home, and that was also the day I finally lost all use for Favre, too.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:57 AM

1,197 posts, read 2,277,821 times
I have 2. One in college and one in the Pros:

College - ASU losing to Ohio State in the Rose Bowl in 1997. Going into the game Florida State was undefeated and ranked #1, ASU was undefeated and ranked #2, Florida was 10-1 and ranked #3 with their only loss being to top ranked FSU, and Ohio State was 10-1 and ranked #4 (their only loss being to Michigan). ASU took the lead with just over a minute to go only to see Ohio State drive down the field for the winning TD. Since Florida beat FSU in the Sugar Bowl, an ASU win would have given us our only National Championship.

PROS - Being a Cowboys fan "the catch" by Dwight Clark is one that I will never forget. Many people forget that Danny White actually had the Cowboys at midfield needing only a FG to win the game with plenty of time left, but fumbled and the Niners recovered to seal the victory.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:44 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Anyway, I have two games. One is Super Bowl 32, where Holmgren spent more time trying to decide whether to bolt to Seattle than actually game plan for a championship. And I hope Gabe Wilkins contracted a mild but chronic social disease for what he pulled that day

The other game that gives me a sad to this day was the 4th-and-26 debacle. After that game, I would have gladly driven Mike Sherman to the airport for a one-way flight home, and that was also the day I finally lost all use for Favre, too.

That was defintely a SB year for the Packers

Old 12-31-2010, 10:43 AM

519 posts, read 603,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
LMAO... I guess the conspiracy theorist think this rule was just created out of the blue to help the Patriots win, when in fact that rule had been called at least 3 times in the 01 season alone. In week 2 the Patriots had it called on them vs the Jets and Vinny Testeverde which led to a Jets FG instead of a Pats turnover. It was also used in a Rams vs Bucs game as well as a Denver vs Redskins game. If your going to argue football at least know the facts. I know it sucks to be on the losing end of a playoff game I lived through the 2007 Superbowl, but at least get the facts right about the tuck rule.
I'm not arguing and I do know the facts, thanks. I've had this argument probably hundreds of times of various message boards in the aftermath of the Snow Job game and I honestly don't care to have it again. I was simply responding to the original post of this thread. You may feel one way about the game, I may feel another. I'm not going to convince you otherwise and you certainly won't convince me so there's no reason to get into utterly pointless debate. Thanks for your response though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football