U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 01:27 PM

2,478 posts, read 4,898,068 times

Advertisements

LMAO! Wow, how soon people forget. This isn't the first time Rexy has put up good numbers. Ask the Bear fans about Rex. They've seen this show before. No, he's not the future, but with Daniel Snyder at the reins of the Skins, wouldn't surprise me if they decided to bank on him. If they do, it'll be a huge mistake.

Mcnabb has a good career but he's done. The Media is trying to paint Shannahan as an *******, but he's not. He can see that Mcnabb is done. He's not accurate and he can't scramble like he use to. He's just doing what needs to be done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 11:11 PM

10 posts, read 13,415 times
Four points today to make about Grossman and the Redskins game today in Jax:

1. Skins won
2. Cooley had 4 drops and Rex was only sacked once and had a handful of throw aways
3. That wasn't an INT. Not even close.
4. Skins converted yet again for the second week in the red zone which is something McNabb didn't do ALL season.

With that said, it looks more and more like Grossman will be the skins 2011 starter.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:53 AM

7,202 posts, read 11,287,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLifeLovePacific View Post
Four points today to make about Grossman and the Redskins game today in Jax:

1. Skins won
2. Cooley had 4 drops and Rex was only sacked once and had a handful of throw aways
3. That wasn't an INT. Not even close.
4. Skins converted yet again for the second week in the red zone which is something McNabb didn't do ALL season.

With that said, it looks more and more like Grossman will be the skins 2011 starter.
I hope you're right, because I LOVE IT when the Skin's field losing teams.

Grossman is the lead weight that will sink that team just like he does everywhere he winds up. It's a shame the clown can pull a lucky cupcake game out of his butt to maintain a spot on the roster when there are so many QB's in waiting that deserve the chance.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:12 PM

10 posts, read 13,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I hope you're right, because I LOVE IT when the Skin's field losing teams.

Grossman is the lead weight that will sink that team just like he does everywhere he winds up. It's a shame the clown can pull a lucky cupcake game out of his butt to maintain a spot on the roster when there are so many QB's in waiting that deserve the chance.
What I think is funny about a qb like Grossman is that he is capable of having great games and then pissing off people who think he is inferior. It was an all time humor peak a few years ago when he went to the superbowl. Yes, that stupid song was meant to raise the pissed off factor and for two weeks it was genius. Of course people are going to say he had a great offensive line and other people made that happen. If it does happen with the skins and he has one of those games at the right times throughout the year the pissed off factor is going funnier than ever.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:42 AM

191 posts, read 231,665 times
I wish Shannahan would have let McNabb finish out the season. Obviously he's struggled a great deal this year, but I don't feel its all his fault. The guy gets the shaft after 11 seasons from the only NFL team he's been on and gets dealt to a dysfunctional, underacheiving team, all while having to learn a new offense (the fact that the 'skins run a variation of the west coast offense means little as there are countless variationsof the scheme) and having to deal with a new head coach and offensive coordinatior. Also, the defense, offensive line, and running game have played terrible this year. It would be very difficult for most quarterbacks to thrive under the same conditions. In my opinion, McNabb didn't have much of a chance to succeed. As a Redskins fan I would love to see him given another shot with the team but I realize that will definitely not happen.
As for Grossman, he makes for a good backup with this offense, but he's probably not the long-term solution for Washington. Maybe they can get a good prospect in the draft.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:01 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,619,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I hope McNabb goes elsewhere next year and lights up the NFL. The Eagles really added insult to injury when they traded him to the NFL's most dysfunctional team. I think #5 would be a good fit in Arizona.

Mcnabb proved this year he is DONE

Old 01-02-2011, 11:03 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Correction, the Bears made it to the Super Bowl by having a great defense a strong running game and by NOT putting Grossman in positions where he had to win games with his arm. The next year they got rid of Thomas Jones and when Cedric Benson wasn't up to snuff Grossman got EXPOSED.
And a Good Special Teams

Old 01-02-2011, 11:04 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larz View Post
I wish Shannahan would have let McNabb finish out the season. Obviously he's struggled a great deal this year, but I don't feel its all his fault. The guy gets the shaft after 11 seasons from the only NFL team he's been on and gets dealt to a dysfunctional, underacheiving team, all while having to learn a new offense (the fact that the 'skins run a variation of the west coast offense means little as there are countless variationsof the scheme) and having to deal with a new head coach and offensive coordinatior. Also, the defense, offensive line, and running game have played terrible this year. It would be very difficult for most quarterbacks to thrive under the same conditions. In my opinion, McNabb didn't have much of a chance to succeed. As a Redskins fan I would love to see him given another shot with the team but I realize that will definitely not happen.
As for Grossman, he makes for a good backup with this offense, but he's probably not the long-term solution for Washington. Maybe they can get a good prospect in the draft.

Finish out the season for what? What else was there to gain?

Old 01-02-2011, 06:14 PM

191 posts, read 231,665 times
I just don't think his struggles this year were all his fault, so personally I hated to see him get benched. I very well could be wrong, but even though Grossman has played okay the last three games I don't see Shanahan sticking with him for the future. We'll see what happens though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football