Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 05:46 PM

10 posts, read 14,653 times

Advertisements

Grossman scored more td's against the cowboys then any skins qb since 2005. More td's (4) than Mcnabb in any game all year. Grossman is younger than Mcnabb. Many agree that Mcnabb probably would not have been able to do what Grossman did today in bringing the skins back from being down and then close to winning. Sonny Jergenson has even said that Grossman could be the future of the skins. Shannanhan has said that he has seen how Grossman performs in practice and that Grossman works harder than Mcnabb. Also Shannahan said that he has seen Grossman do some great things in practice (something we all don't see obviously). If Grossman plays well for the rest of the year it is safe to say he will in fact be the Skins strarting qb in 2011.

What are your thoughts on Grossman as the skins future starting qb?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 06:51 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Note that Kyle Shanahan worked with Grossman when he was OC with the Texans - so there is a brief history there.

He did well today - Giants will be a good test in week 17.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:43 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,776,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveLifeLovePacific View Post
Grossman scored more td's against the cowboys then any skins qb since 2005. More td's (4) than Mcnabb in any game all year. Grossman is younger than Mcnabb. Many agree that Mcnabb probably would not have been able to do what Grossman did today in bringing the skins back from being down and then close to winning. Sonny Jergenson has even said that Grossman could be the future of the skins. Shannanhan has said that he has seen how Grossman performs in practice and that Grossman works harder than Mcnabb. Also Shannahan said that he has seen Grossman do some great things in practice (something we all don't see obviously). If Grossman plays well for the rest of the year it is safe to say he will in fact be the Skins strarting qb in 2011.

Thoughts: The Redskins' owner is a terrible horse picker and an even worse businessman. It isn't always that easy to tell when an NFL owner is a poor one, so to clearly, easily and hands-down be the worst is pretty bad in my estimation.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Note that Kyle Shanahan worked with Grossman when he was OC with the Texans - so there is a brief history there.

He did well today - Giants will be a good test in week 17.
I did not think about that fact.

Grossman is entering an age where his maturity level is high at a time when he has not reached his peak. I think because Grossman is now in his 30s, he is capable of having a pro bowl year.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:40 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,986,231 times
He had one good game and now he's the future? Did you miss all his games in Chicago?

Old 12-20-2010, 04:30 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,058,112 times
Quote:

I hope you're joking! Sexy Rexy?? Please tell me you're not selling Rexy based on "practice"... Practice? Talking about practice? Practice... not a game...not a game... but practice?

We have THE worst owner in the NFL and I am convinced after this season that Mike Shanahan is an idiot also........ We will never be an elite team with Danny Boy Snyder as the owner, he's absolutely horrible! Please don't kid yourself with Sexy Rexy!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I hope you're joking! Sexy Rexy?? Please tell me you're not selling Rexy based on "practice"... Practice? Talking about practice? Practice... not a game...not a game... but practice?

We have THE worst owner in the NFL and I am convinced after this season that Mike Shanahan is an idiot also........ We will never be an elite team with Danny Boy Snyder as the owner, he's absolutely horrible! Please don't kid yourself with Sexy Rexy!

You saw it with Rypien in 1991. Before then did you kid yourself?

Old 12-20-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
You saw it with Rypien in 1991. Before then did you kid yourself?
Nope! Back then we had a young Joe Gibbs and a much much better owner...Now, we have a donkey for an owner with a troll as a coach. I have seen this movie many times before. If you want to jump on the Sexy Rexy bandwagon, help yourself, JUMP!

Old 12-20-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Nope! Back then we had a young Joe Gibbs and a much much better owner...Now, we have a donkey for an owner with a troll as a coach. I have seen this movie many times before. If you want to jump on the Sexy Rexy bandwagon, help yourself, JUMP!
First, why are you calling him sexy rexy?

Second, the young man has talent, no doubt. The coaches know what they are doing. Grossman has football in his blood. In the past he has been pretty good or pretty bad. The bad is probably a mental thing that is correctble for the most part and I am guessing that the coaches know this.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
First, why are you calling him sexy rexy?
That's his nickname especially in these parts where he is from. We are also not too far from Chicago and that's what the Bears fans call him. You've never heard of it???

To your point, that's the problem, the coaches don't know what they're doing, it's Washington!! They haven't known what they're doing in a long time, they are Raiders East. I disagree with you 110% and do not think much of Sex Rexy as a QB, he's a turnover machine and has proven to be inconsistent at best.

Last edited by X-Greensboro Resident; 12-21-2010 at 06:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football