U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 11:11 PM

Location: I live in the Seattle neighborhood of Belltown. I live in a nice building called Mosler Lofts.
174 posts, read 495,458 times

Advertisements

The NFL Championship might be the Eagles vs. Falcons. Atlanta will have home field advantage. So any NFC team that wants to be in the Super Bowl will have to beat the Falcons in the Georgia Dome. This will not be an easy task. I just watched the Falcons play in person yesterday. Atlanta has a great team! However, I think Philadelphia is the best team in the NFC and in the NFL right now.

I would love to see the Falcons vs. Eagles for the NFC Championship in the Georgia Dome. Michael Vick returning to Atlanta to play against the Falcons would be awesome! I almost feel like the Falcons vs. Eagles is destiny this year. What do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 06:59 AM

12,890 posts, read 23,910,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBoy98121 View Post
The NFL Championship might be the Eagles vs. Falcons. Atlanta will have home field advantage. So any NFC team that wants to be in the Super Bowl will have to beat the Falcons in the Georgia Dome. This will not be an easy task. I just watched the Falcons play in person yesterday. Atlanta has a great team! However, I think Philadelphia is the best team in the NFC and in the NFL right now.

I would love to see the Falcons vs. Eagles for the NFC Championship in the Georgia Dome. Michael Vick returning to Atlanta to play against the Falcons would be awesome! I almost feel like the Falcons vs. Eagles is destiny this year. What do you guys think?
If it happens I hope the Eagles kick butt...I hate those dirty birds

Old 12-21-2010, 07:42 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,460,434 times
Eagles will dominate

Old 12-21-2010, 07:46 AM

7,937 posts, read 13,486,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleBoy98121 View Post
I almost feel like the Falcons vs. Eagles is destiny this year.
I agree. I'm sure its already been written into the script. I wonder if Vince McMahon is now working for the NFL?

Old 12-21-2010, 08:08 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,164,009 times
If only there were some NFC team with the same record as the Eagles, who beat them head to head.....

Spoiler
DAAAA BEARS

Old 12-21-2010, 08:29 AM

2,550 posts, read 2,310,257 times
I don't know if its inevitable but it would be nice to see... However I think the NFC playoffs will be the better than the AFC playoffs even though ESPN drools over the AFC.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:34 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,778,950 times
Isn't it crazy how ATL has the team that matches up with the character of Philadelphia more than it does Atlanta and how Philly has a team that resembles the character of Atlanta more than it does Philadelphia. What do I mean?

The Falcons
*methodical
*underrated/overlooked
*rigid
*quite
*etc

The Eagles
*young
*brash
*flashy
*etc

It looks like these two teams will crash into one another. I'm a little concerned but the more that I ponder over it, the more I wouldn't mind seeing it. People talk about ATL's lack of quick strike ability but they ignore that ATL is a team that grinds it out despite being the underdog and somehow finds a way to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I agree. I'm sure its already been written into the script. I wonder if Vince McMahon is now working for the NFL?
It's funny that you say that because I bet Goodell's basing this playoffs off of the 6 Rocky movies:

Apollo Creed played by New Orleans (since they're the Champ).

Clubber Lang played by Philly (everyone's scared of them and they already kicked a$$ once but they'll get put down the second time around).

Ivan Drago played by New England (Robotic and stoic. Will kill you just to prove a point. Not afraid to cheat just to gain the advantage).

Tommy Gunn played by the J.E.T.S. (to much sleazeball influence in this organization. In the end, they'll get that a$$ kicked anyway).

Rocky Balboa played by the Atlanta Falcons (I know, y'all think we suck...LOL. ATL, doesn't have all the "swagger" and flash but they'll just outlast your team and get that victory while you sit there wondering what happened).

LOL, I'm sure that Eagles fans think I've lost my mind but hey...I hope that this happens. ATL will take Philly's best shots again and come out victorious.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:56 AM

5,990 posts, read 11,131,963 times
The Falcons will lose in the divisional round. Atlanta always finds ways to lose in the playoffs.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:10 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,778,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazoopilot View Post
The Falcons will lose in the divisional round. Atlanta always finds ways to lose in the playoffs.
To who, your Vikings. Man we'll....wait a minute. At least you have your Lions...all sheesh, I'm sorry man.

In all seriousness, ATL will be okay.They're already battle tested (playing in the NFC's toughest division will have a team ready) and have only been embarrassed once this year (the rematch is in our house).

Old 12-21-2010, 02:00 PM

8,746 posts, read 7,460,793 times
If Atlanta and Philly end up in the NFC Championship game all I have to say about that is...Go Falcons!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football