U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 05:22 PM

3,219 posts, read 5,787,345 times

Advertisements

"Nation of Wusses" = Agreed!

When that game was canceled I was surprised and disappointed as there's something about a football game played in the falling snow - it was a loss of a potentially great game IMO.

The people in the Midwest were probably having the same thoughts the governor had.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 06:37 PM

23,648 posts, read 33,445,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
"Nation of Wusses" = Agreed!

When that game was canceled I was surprised and disappointed as there's something about a football game played in the falling snow - it was a loss of a potentially great game IMO.

The people in the Midwest were probably having the same thoughts the governor had.
I live in the South and I had the same thoughts.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:01 AM

4,849 posts, read 6,365,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
bull****, they get bad weather just like those cities

and there's a ****ing subway stop right next to the stadium, if you'd bothered to read the posts in this thread so far you'd have learned that already.

you've got to be a troll.
You were the first to mention the subway stop (but I knew that anyway...I've been on it). Not that it matters. The parking lots at Lincoln Financial are packed, most drive, the city of Philadelphia was on alert. The NFL wanted to avoid headaches and must have had a readon to postpone it. Overzealous? Sure. But understandable.

(Editing the last sentence.)

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-30-2010 at 07:44 AM..

Old 12-29-2010, 10:06 AM

21,327 posts, read 21,900,953 times
Too many people are coming down unnecessarily hard on the postponement of this game. I'm sure the NFL was taking advice from the local Philadelphia authorities on what they felt the citizenry would be able to withstand and acted in the best interest of those people to keep them safe. These authorities are the best resource to evaluate their own people and not hold them to the standards of what someone from the Midwest, or the Southeast, or California, or Texas, or Colorado, would be able to cope with.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:30 AM

27,798 posts, read 26,222,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Good drivers know how to drive properly in poor weather conditions.

Good driver or not, black ice doesn't differentiate.

Public safety is the top priority - not a football game. I understand that the area was in a weather state of emergency requiring police officers to be assisting people stranded or having other problems - more important than directing traffic or working a game at the Linc.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:45 PM

2,372 posts, read 3,059,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
You were the first to mention the subway stop (but I knew that anyway...I've been on it). Not that it matters. The parking lots at Lincoln Financial are packed, most drive, the city of Philadelphia was on alert. The NFL wanted to avoid headaches and must have had a readon to postpone it. Overzealous? Sure. But understandable.

(Editing the last sentence.)
thanks for repping me dude.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or