Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 08:00 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,865,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokrplr View Post
Gilbride should be out the door. Coughlin is fine, lets not forget 2 yrs ago he took the 6 seed to the SB and Won. Plax will be a Giant again next year, the D will still be good. And like someone 10-6 is still pretty stout, I know another 10-6 team too in that division.
Wel someone should be fired. I can't believe no one has lost their job yet, the OC or the DC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 08:03 PM

20,948 posts, read 18,997,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Giants win in Wasington and then the Packers win in Chicago to eliminate the G-men. Giamts have no one to blame but themselves and Coughlin job be fired.
Couldn't happen to a nicer team.

Greatest 7 minutes of Football I've ever seen!

Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 AM

10,004 posts, read 11,098,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

I see that Super Bowl win is still stickin to ya huh

Old 01-05-2011, 10:21 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,512,412 times
I believe I mentioned this in another thread, but the root of the problem is that the Giants painted themselves into a corner when they grossly over-hyped Eli Manning. The truth of the matter (which Giant fans spend a lot of time denying) is that the team still needs a quarterback. When the front office comes out of their foggy blue haze, they'll draft one. Until then, look forward to new coaches who aren't going to solve any more problems than Tom Coughlin has.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I believe I mentioned this in another thread, but the root of the problem is that the Giants painted themselves into a corner when they grossly over-hyped Eli Manning. The truth of the matter (which Giant fans spend a lot of time denying) is that the team still needs a quarterback. When the front office comes out of their foggy blue haze, they'll draft one. Until then, look forward to new coaches who aren't going to solve any more problems than Tom Coughlin has.
A big ???? ..You are blaming Eli for the meltdown in Philly? Or the complete ass-whipping by Green Bay. Eli doesn't play defense.

That said Eli is not an elite QB..but there are about 15-20 other teams that would take him over what they have. Don't forget Steve Smith was his go to guy..without him the Giants offense was severely diminished.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:06 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,865,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
A big ???? ..You are blaming Eli for the meltdown in Philly? Or the complete ass-whipping by Green Bay. Eli doesn't play defense.

That said Eli is not an elite QB..but there are about 15-20 other teams that would take him over what they have. Don't forget Steve Smith was his go to guy..without him the Giants offense was severely diminished.
Eli still has a turnover problem

Old 01-06-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Eli still has a turnover problem
That he does..and its why he is not a top 10 qb.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:00 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,730,513 times
Can't blame Eli for the meltdown in Philly, but his four interceptions in Green Bay certainly didn't help. He's turned the ball over 30 times this year--25 interceptions, 5 lost fumbles...unacceptable! I'm not sure who the Giants would get to replace him, but they have a horrible track record of keeping lesser QB's at the helm for too long. I say give him one more season, and if there isn't any noticable improvements, it's time to move him along. I just don't think they'll ever trade him though. If that's the case, get the defense to pop their heads out of their asses and hold onto a lead. Stop with the prevent defense crap and play four quarters of aggressive defense.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:43 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,631,289 times
Yeah, the Giants locked Eli up for a long term deal last year, didnt they?

That said, I can understand wanting to replace him, but with what? John Elways dont just fall off trees...

The Giants have been pretty consistent the past few seasons, so they havent been so bad to pick a QB real high...any QB they have picked would be a project (like Andre Woodson)-someone who wouldnt be able to challenge Eli in a couple of years anyway...

Old 01-13-2011, 08:55 AM

2,223 posts, read 4,986,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

And Vicks pick in the endzone to end Philly's season couldn't of happen to a nicer person...Woof ... This guy woulda caught that pass

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football