U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-14-2011, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Ridgewood, NY
3,039 posts, read 5,931,226 times
Reputation: 1571

Advertisements

I think its too late too vote on that poll. I gotta admit coming into the playoffs and seeing how they played the last few games of the postseason, theres no way I would have picked the Jets, but Sanchez is getting back to form (remember he was injured to the point where he couldn't throw the ball) and they beat a Colts team that was red hot coming into the playoffs without Sanchez. Look at the numbers and you'll see why I'm optimistic now.

Jets are healthier now against the Pats than they were against the Colts and they are hungrier against the Pats also. That 45-3 shalacking was not the rule it was the exception. Once again Jets had beaten the Pats in the second game of the season with an injured Revis guarding at the time a still productive Randy Moss. Patriots prepared for that blowout game like the Jets will prepare for this game and if we're being completely unbiased (Pats and Jets fans), Jets talent level is overall much higher. Granted Pats have them in two important categories at Quarterback and Coach but Defensive Line no question goes to the Jets (even without Woody).

Cornerback tandem is the best by far in the NFL. Wideouts no question. Edwards and Holmes will have good games. TE's a slight edge to the Pats only because they have two decent TE's but I think Keller is better than both Hernandez and Gronkowski. Most importantly there running back is a combination of a hard nose style of run and good cutbacks with Greene and Tomlinson. One more thing to remember, look at the tape of all the games the Jets have played this season as well as this playoff game. Sanchez turns into Brady every fourth quarter with two or three minutes to go. Why he does this I have no idea, but you can beat if the game is close Sanchez will outperform Brady. Hes done to about six different quarterbacks this season including Matt Schaub and Peyton Manning.

One more thing that people also have to remember is that even with probably what was arguably their best overall team in 07' they lost to a questionable quarterback in the Eli Manning and my Giants who weren't even supposed to be mentioned in the same breath as the Pats that year...

Preparation is key, and preparation by far will favor the Jets coming into this weekend.
J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets all day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2011, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,329 posts, read 21,906,527 times
Reputation: 33531
Who I want to win (bet the opposite)...

Chicago
Green Bay
Baltimore
NY Jets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,366,040 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Who I want to win (bet the opposite)...

Chicago
Green Bay
Baltimore
NY Jets
You want Chicago and GB to win? I figured you'd want both teams to fail miserably. You just want the NFC North to look good so the Vikes terrible season doesn't look so bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
9,114 posts, read 15,677,355 times
Reputation: 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Jets are healthier now against the Pats than they were against the Colts and they are hungrier against the Pats also. That 45-3 shalacking was not the rule it was the exception. Once again Jets had beaten the Pats in the second game of the season with an injured Revis guarding at the time a still productive Randy Moss. Patriots prepared for that blowout game like the Jets will prepare for this game and if we're being completely unbiased (Pats and Jets fans), Jets talent level is overall much higher. Granted Pats have them in two important categories at Quarterback and Coach but Defensive Line no question goes to the Jets (even without Woody).

Cornerback tandem is the best by far in the NFL. Wideouts no question. Edwards and Holmes will have good games. TE's a slight edge to the Pats only because they have two decent TE's but I think Keller is better than both Hernandez and Gronkowski. Most importantly there running back is a combination of a hard nose style of run and good cutbacks with Greene and Tomlinson. One more thing to remember, look at the tape of all the games the Jets have played this season as well as this playoff game. Sanchez turns into Brady every fourth quarter with two or three minutes to go. Why he does this I have no idea, but you can beat if the game is close Sanchez will outperform Brady. Hes done to about six different quarterbacks this season including Matt Schaub and Peyton Manning.

One more thing that people also have to remember is that even with probably what was arguably their best overall team in 07' they lost to a questionable quarterback in the Eli Manning and my Giants who weren't even supposed to be mentioned in the same breath as the Pats that year...

Preparation is key, and preparation by far will favor the Jets coming into this weekend.
J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets all day
anon, like you I am a Jets fan, but you are giving an inaccurate description of the talent of certain players....

Cromartie has been getting torched lately and I don't like this matchup against the Pats....the Pats take everything over the middle which is not Revis' strong suit....I'm worried about Cromartie because his coverage hasn't been good...

Pats Tight End's are better than 'decent'. Keller is good for us but Hernandez/Gronkowski/Crumpler are prob best tandem in NFL....you are not giving enough credit....

Also, most importantly, we are NOT healthier than we were the last time we played them.

Smith is questionable w/the groin injury (huge), coleman got hurt in practice and might not play, and we don't have Woody which really hurts us....not to mention Leonard not out there hurts us too....


Again, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you gotta lay off the kool-aid and give an accurate picture if you can.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
21,329 posts, read 21,906,527 times
Reputation: 33531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
You want Chicago and GB to win? I figured you'd want both teams to fail miserably. You just want the NFC North to look good so the Vikes terrible season doesn't look so bad?
That to a very small degree. Ultimately along with a packers - Bears match-up (hopefully in miserable weather) that in of itself would be compelling, the let down for one of the two fan-bases of missing out on the Super Bowl (and the crap they would have to take afterwards) and the winner getting smoked by the Pats after two weeks of wishful thinking would be extremely enjoyable for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 08:56 AM
 
Location: Charlotte
3,000 posts, read 3,158,128 times
Reputation: 1648
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
anon, like you I am a Jets fan, but you are giving an inaccurate description of the talent of certain players....

Cromartie has been getting torched lately and I don't like this matchup against the Pats....the Pats take everything over the middle which is not Revis' strong suit....I'm worried about Cromartie because his coverage hasn't been good...

Pats Tight End's are better than 'decent'. Keller is good for us but Hernandez/Gronkowski/Crumpler are prob best tandem in NFL....you are not giving enough credit....

Also, most importantly, we are NOT healthier than we were the last time we played them.

Smith is questionable w/the groin injury (huge), coleman got hurt in practice and might not play, and we don't have Woody which really hurts us....not to mention Leonard not out there hurts us too....


Again, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you gotta lay off the kool-aid and give an accurate picture if you can.....
Wow, a realistic Jets fan.........didn't think they existed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,366,040 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Wow, a realistic Jets fan.........didn't think they existed!
Right? Its like the elusive humble Patriots fan! Or the educated Packers fan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
9,114 posts, read 15,677,355 times
Reputation: 3695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Wow, a realistic Jets fan.........didn't think they existed!
C'mon....don't paint eveveryone w/the same brush....

Look, I can dream and hope the Jets beat the Pats....I will be on the couch w/my Jets Jersey hoping, but I'm a realist.......we are in a tough tough spot.....

Our only shot is to keep Brady off the field as much as possible. If we move the chains and take time off the clock (and get TD's in the redzone/NOT fg's...we'll have a shot). Rex will also have to scheme on D to get a pass rush...our 3 guys upfront will not put major pressure on him by themselves...they just aren't good enough.

There's a reason why we and the Seahawks are at or near double digits in the spread......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 09:16 AM
 
20,913 posts, read 39,201,627 times
Reputation: 19207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
BOOOOOOOO, creative, but BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing like a good rivalry. Truth is, I really like the Steelers too, though not fond of Ben's off-field troubles.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-14-2011, 09:20 AM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
20 posts, read 26,888 times
Reputation: 19
STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELERS all the way! ...this weekend im callin atlanta, seattle, and new england.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top