U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 06:01 PM

3,039 posts, read 5,929,006 times

Advertisements

@ Daniel the ravens should have a bow on that game because they gift wrapped tht half to the steelers. They played the most garbage half of football you will ever see in your life. I know I picked them to win this game, but thank god the steelers won cause if they would have lost you would have not heard the end of my mouth on how they couldn't win this game.

Dropped passes, fumbles here fumbles there, no defense whatsoever. To describe the change that happened from the first two quarters to the last two quarters is just.... undescribable. Steelers didnt win that game, Ravens handed it to them and Steelers accepted the present...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 06:06 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,102,246 times
I said it, the difference is Ben and the Steelers O makes big plays down the stretch that the Ravens O just can't make. AFC Championship here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2011, 06:08 PM

9,585 posts, read 8,888,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I said it, the difference is Ben and the Steelers O makes big plays down the stretch that the Ravens O just can't make. AFC Championship here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was the most poorly officiated game I have ever seen. Pure crap...from a non-partisan fan...pure crap.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
@ Daniel the ravens should have a bow on that game because they gift wrapped tht half to the steelers. They played the most garbage half of football you will ever see in your life. I know I picked them to win this game, but thank god the steelers won cause if they would have lost you would have not heard the end of my mouth on how they couldn't win this game.

Dropped passes, fumbles here fumbles there, no defense whatsoever. To describe the change that happened from the first two quarters to the last two quarters is just.... undescribable. Steelers didnt win that game, Ravens handed it to them and Steelers accepted the present...

Not to mention the old 3 man pass rush ..that failed EVERY time. What a terrible effort from that team all around...just terrible. Notice Ravens coaching staff..Steelers CONTINUED to blitz at the end of the game.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:

The Ravens should have never been in this game. The only reason they were is because the Steelers kept basically giving them TD's. They had 94 total yards through 3 quarters, 94!!!!!!!! The Steelers quit shooting themselves in the foot and played some football in the 2nd half.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:40 PM

3,039 posts, read 5,929,006 times
Its funny you mention that because the Ravens did the same thing in the last two quarters with some help from officials...

@ jp03 agree 100%.
@ Dorian im surprised because you seemed pretty unbiased before when calling the games but youre response is completely bias... Aside from Steeler fans anyone else watching that game knows that Ravens just tanked that 2nd half. I dont know what the heck happened to them...

Old 01-15-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Its funny you mention that because the Ravens did the same thing in the last two quarters with some help from officials...

@ jp03 agree 100%.
@ Dorian im surprised because you seemed pretty unbiased before when calling the games but youre response is completely bias... Aside from Steeler fans anyone else watching that game knows that Ravens just tanked that 2nd half. I dont know what the heck happened to them...

They did tank. But as a Steelers fan, and I'm sure Ravens fans would agree(even though they will hate to) , whenever these two teams meet in the playoffs the Ravens fold in the second half. It was just a quarter earlier than I expected. Ben had more yards than than the whole Ravens O. Just look back at all the playoff matchups, they all end the same way.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
That was the most poorly officiated game I have ever seen. Pure crap...from a non-partisan fan...pure crap.

What calls did the Steelers get??????? The only bad calls I saw was the personal foul called on Ward when it should have been called on him and Reed, the no call on Ike Taylor for the head butt and I am still not sold on the pass interference call on Madison that lead to the Ravens first TD, but that is it.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:14 PM

2,221 posts, read 3,187,821 times
Quote:
The Ravens should have never been in this game. The only reason they were is because the Steelers kept basically giving them TD's. They had 94 total yards through 3 quarters, 94!!!!!!!! The Steelers quit shooting themselves in the foot and played some football in the 2nd half.

As if the Ravens didnt have 3 turn overs that gave Pittsburgh the 2nd half? C'mon man, I know thats your team but it looks bad when you call out the Ravens for taking advantage of sloppy play when thats the exact same way your squad got back into the game. They made big plays at the end, but neither team was spectacular.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
What calls did the Steelers get??????? The only bad calls I saw was the personal foul called on Ward when it should have been called on him and Reed, the no call on Ike Taylor for the head butt and I am still not sold on the pass interference call on Madison that lead to the Ravens first TD, but that is it.
Hey its playoff time..of course the Steelers get all the calls...no worries. The rest of us are used to it.

I can count 4 personal fouls that were not called. Also on that holding at the end. Their was REAL hold right in the middle of the field at point of attack that was not called. keep your flag in your pocket their ref for godsakes...calling defensive holding. Only Pittsburgh at home would get that call. Oh and on the TD punt return...ummm. no holding. The Steeler did a nice flop and of course the ref flipped the flag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or