U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:44 AM

3,039 posts, read 5,933,249 times

Advertisements

LOL @ jp03 I was thinking the same thing... Listen to all the steeler fans out there, Im not hating on you guys at all. Im a Jets fan and I was impartial to this game though I picked the Ravens to win. When they were slaughtering the Steelers in the first half I was mad cause I wanted a good game... but I didn't want the second half to be a complete mismatch either and thats exactly what happened. I really do think that if Ravens would have played their best game for four quarters and Steelers would have played their best game for four quarters, Ravens really shoulda won. Better receivers, better TE, better running game and evenly matched defense. Numbers tell you Steelers over Ravens but if you saw the Ravens defense last few weeks they were as good as anyone defensively.

Only thing Steelers really have them on is at QB.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 07:53 AM

3,039 posts, read 5,933,249 times
@ jp03 I'll be honest I was okay with the three man rush since they had 8 guys supposedly covering the different routes... it should have been such an easy pick and with 2 minutes to go and 3 TO's, Ravens could have easily won that game... but tanking is the ideal word here.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:29 AM

11,724 posts, read 11,556,423 times
Refs miss things, make mistakes, irritates me a great deal sometimes, but a few missed calls don't make the game. I couldn't believe how strong the Ravens started, but they fell apart.

I felt the same when the Pack Falcons game started, we might be in trouble but the Pack kicked it into high gear, all areas of the game (well, special teams needs some work), off and running! Woohoo!

Old 01-16-2011, 08:32 AM

13,223 posts, read 17,975,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
LOL @ jp03 I was thinking the same thing... Listen to all the steeler fans out there, Im not hating on you guys at all. Im a Jets fan and I was impartial to this game though I picked the Ravens to win. When they were slaughtering the Steelers in the first half I was mad cause I wanted a good game... but I didn't want the second half to be a complete mismatch either and thats exactly what happened. I really do think that if Ravens would have played their best game for four quarters and Steelers would have played their best game for four quarters, Ravens really shoulda won. Better receivers, better TE, better running game and evenly matched defense. Numbers tell you Steelers over Ravens but if you saw the Ravens defense last few weeks they were as good as anyone defensively.

Only thing Steelers really have them on is at QB.
Well then maybe people need to start giving Ben Roethlisberger his due, and stop claiming that he's only as good as the players around him.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:00 AM

2,819 posts, read 9,379,611 times
Wow! if yesterday was not a day for 2nd half blow outs.
First you have the Ravens handing Pittsburgh their arse, then in the 3rd and 4th, the Steelers defense turns on the heat and the Millegeville child lover is rating 100+%!

Next you have the Falcon's running kick returns 100+ yards then the Pack bangs out 35 points in a matter of minutes.

What will we have today? Would love to see the Jet's and Hawks pull it out. Now that would be an upset in a half.
ABP!

Old 01-16-2011, 12:02 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,103,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
MAdison out of control head down ran right into the receiver. Now if thats not Interference what is? Love when fans bring up plays in other games...no **** the refs are inconsistent ...that is a given. Because one was not a penalty does mean this one wasn't either.

That said, i still give the Steelers credit ...they won the game fair and square. Penalties were not the reason. Drops , turmovers and a 3 man rush at crucial moments of the game did the Ravens in. Why would you EVER give Big Ben time to throw like that willingly. They tried it like 5 times on third and long and got burned EVERY time.

I believe it was a good call for PI, I am just saying that I have seen more contact not get called. I counted 2 drops and they were in big situations, but the Boldin one was a tough catch and I see starting wr drop ones like that all the time, and the TJ one I'm not even sure he was going to hold on to that even if he would have got his hands around that because how Gay was closing and swatted at the ball I was expecting him to drop it. The only reason that play even happened is because Gay dropped what would have been the game winning interception 2 plays before that. I give you your points, but other people on here are acting like the Ravens SHOULD have won this game, when the reality is that they should have never been in this game. Only one time in this game did they drive down the feild and get a score. The other scores was a scooped up fumble TD, the other was set up by a fumble on the 16 yard line and the 3rd was a decent drive from inside midfield. It is no fluke that a NFL team has just 126 total yards, that is great defense. Realistically the Steelers cranked up the D, which was already playing very well in the 1st half minus a few penalties, and the Ravens O couldn't take the pressure. I think everybody thinks the comeback started with the Ray Rice fumble, but it really started a couple of plays before that with the sack and the incomplete pass when Flacco was looking for the screen and the D took it away(halftime adjustment, the few yards the Ravens O had in the 1st half was on screens) which started putting the pressure on Flacco and the Ravens. Flacco doesn't do good in pressure situations, he is a good QB but that is not his strong suit. He historically plays bad in the games against the Steelers because of that. Ever Ravens possession in the second half involved a sack and the were forced to convert 3rd and longs against the Steeler D(a recipe for disaster). As for the 3 man rush thing, this is nothing new there are plenty of coaches out there who believe that Ben is at his best when he is pressured so plenty of teams would rather take their chances rushing 3 and dropping everyone else. Sometimes that actually works, I have seen it with my own eyes, but when he is on it doesn't matter what you do to him, he will kill you.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Well then maybe people need to start giving Ben Roethlisberger his due, and stop claiming that he's only as good as the players around him.

I wish he would get his credit. For some reason he never gets respect. Without a doubt he is one of the few NFL elite QBs.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Refs miss things, make mistakes, irritates me a great deal sometimes, but a few missed calls don't make the game. I couldn't believe how strong the Ravens started, but they fell apart.

I felt the same when the Pack Falcons game started, we might be in trouble but the Pack kicked it into high gear, all areas of the game (well, special teams needs some work), off and running! Woohoo!

Yeah, they did. The Packers took it to a level in the second half that the Falcons couldn't match.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:23 PM

6,839 posts, read 7,902,841 times
According to the broadcasters if I heard correctly, next Sunday will be only the second time in NFL history that the Packers and Bears have squared off in the postseason. The last time was a week after the attack on Pearl Harbor. Hard to believe considering the age of that rivalry.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:06 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,367,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
According to the broadcasters if I heard correctly, next Sunday will be only the second time in NFL history that the Packers and Bears have squared off in the postseason. The last time was a week after the attack on Pearl Harbor. Hard to believe considering the age of that rivalry.
Well it was impossible for a lot of those years for it to happen, but yeah, still pretty crazy. Lord knows I'm excited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or