U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 03:29 PM

3,039 posts, read 5,928,165 times

Advertisements

@ Dorian we'll agree to disagree bro. To be honest and fair, it really is impossible to be completely unbiased when you're talking about youre team. I saw that game, and I was watching it, not caring who won. The same things you described the Steelers doing in the 2nd half, the Ravens did in the first half and possibly better. Look up how many total yards pittsburg had in that game... Had to be less than 200 yards or around there. This game was won by the defenses, and both defenses accounted for plenty of points.

I can tell you though that you're statement about the dropped catches sounds completely bias. If this were the reversal I guarantee you, you would not be saying that. If it was Wallace that dropped that ball in the endzone and Heath Miller who let that ball hit him square in the chest with no concentration you would say I cant believe they missed those catches... And you'd be 100% right. They're paid to make those catches and neither one of them was a difficult catch and one was perfectly placed. TJ had his man beat, and Flacco threw it in the perfect location, TJ just ate it up. Ravens collapsed at the end.

To me the Steelers vs. Ravens is similar to the Jets vs. Pats with Steelers being the Pats. Ravens overall are the more talented team. With Rice and McGahee playing decent, their run is unstoppable. They got hard nose tough runners. Then they got Boldin, Mason and TJ at the wideouts and TE respectively. That is a sexy offensive line up. The only difference is at QB. But if Ravens played their best with Steelers giving it their best, Ravens in theory should have won that game. Cool Joe didn't play that bad. His offensive line ran away from him at the end, and his wide-outs and TE's decided to stay away from the football...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 04:05 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,922,956 times
Can someone fill me in on this "Southern poster" in question and what he was talking about. This is really flying over my head.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:09 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,637,356 times
Jets looking like Champs.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:17 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,101,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
@ Dorian we'll agree to disagree bro. To be honest and fair, it really is impossible to be completely unbiased when you're talking about youre team. I saw that game, and I was watching it, not caring who won. The same things you described the Steelers doing in the 2nd half, the Ravens did in the first half and possibly better. Look up how many total yards pittsburg had in that game... Had to be less than 200 yards or around there. This game was won by the defenses, and both defenses accounted for plenty of points.

I can tell you though that you're statement about the dropped catches sounds completely bias. If this were the reversal I guarantee you, you would not be saying that. If it was Wallace that dropped that ball in the endzone and Heath Miller who let that ball hit him square in the chest with no concentration you would say I cant believe they missed those catches... And you'd be 100% right. They're paid to make those catches and neither one of them was a difficult catch and one was perfectly placed. TJ had his man beat, and Flacco threw it in the perfect location, TJ just ate it up. Ravens collapsed at the end.

To me the Steelers vs. Ravens is similar to the Jets vs. Pats with Steelers being the Pats. Ravens overall are the more talented team. With Rice and McGahee playing decent, their run is unstoppable. They got hard nose tough runners. Then they got Boldin, Mason and TJ at the wideouts and TE respectively. That is a sexy offensive line up. The only difference is at QB. But if Ravens played their best with Steelers giving it their best, Ravens in theory should have won that game. Cool Joe didn't play that bad. His offensive line ran away from him at the end, and his wide-outs and TE's decided to stay away from the football...

I am not saying thet weren't bad drops, they were when you are a NFL receiver. I was saying I saw plenty of those types of plays dropped. That Boldin play was a hard catch to make, but if you throw that at him 10 times he would catch it 7. I have seen Hines Ward drop that a couple of times and he is one of the best hands guys in the NFL. As for yards Ben had 226 yards himself and the Steelers, once again, out ran the Ravens as they do almost every time they play each other. I don't know why people act like Rice is way better than Mendenhall when he is not, the receivers are a wash with a very very very slight edge to the Ravens because of Boldin, and the Steelers D is better. I said before this game and I will say it again the 2 teams are completely even if you don't factor in the QBs, but when you add them Ben is still at least 2 steps better than Flacco. There is a reason why the Steelers lead the series. The Ravens are a very good team, but the Steelers are their cryptonite, just like the Pats have been historically to the Steelers. The Steelers out gained the Ravens in both the 1st and 2nd half.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alleyne View Post
Can someone fill me in on this "Southern poster" in question and what he was talking about. This is really flying over my head.

You have to go back a few pages, I think the name is stars and stripes.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post

I do know one of the things we agreed on, the Jets. It is going exactly the way we said it would. I swear the Jets should be up 24-3.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:30 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,897,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I do know one of the things we agreed on, the Jets. It is going exactly the way we said it would. I swear the Jets should be up 24-3.
Up and coming teams make it or break it in the 4th quarter when they are playing against calibur teams. Will they actually pull this one off?

We'll see!

By the way - I hate both teams. Sadly, I'm a Bills fan.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:37 PM

Bye bye patriots, lol!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2011, 05:38 PM

Well I went 4 for 4 this week.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:39 PM

6,837 posts, read 7,897,920 times
Congratulations to the Jets! It makes the 45-3 loss earlier in the season seem so insignificant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or