U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 08:56 PM

7,600 posts, read 9,457,529 times

Advertisements

I have no expectations, but I hope that the Packers do very well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 11:27 AM

20,915 posts, read 39,201,627 times
People need to get their votes recorded THIS WEEK, because once the playoffs start this Saturday, further voting is mostly pointless.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:25 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,103,010 times
I picked the Steelers and I will tell you why and it is not just because I am a fan. First of all I feel like the Ravens are going to beat the Chiefs, I just feel like the Chiefs are a year away from being a serious SB contender(sorry Chief fans, you have a good team just not ready yet.). Second I feel like the Colts/Jets game can go either way, but I am leaning towards the Jets. I really feel that either the Jets or the Ravens can go into NE and beat the Pats, and the reason is because I feel like the Pats aren't really as talented as what people are making them out to be. I feel that Tom Brady is just on an incredible tear and he is making that whole team over achieve. I feel that their defense is a liability, even though they have been playing well, I just don't think that D is good at all. I think the Pats really don't want to play the Ravens since the Ravens SHOULD have won in NE earlier this year and they blew them out in Foxboro last year. I think worse case scenario for the Pats is if the Ravens and Colts win, then the Ravens would be coming to town. The reason I have the Steelers going instead of the Ravens or Jets is because the Steelers seem to own both of those teams in the playoffs, especially at home. To me the Pats remind me of the Colts back in 2005 when everybody was saying nobody could beat the Colts and their first playoff game that year was against the Steelers and they just went in there and shocked the Colts early and led the entire game. Remember that they played earlier that year and the Colts destroyed the Steelers kind of like the Pats did the Jets, so I think either one of those teams can be the Steelers of this playoff year. The difference between that year and this year is that the Steelers are way better of a #2 seed than Denver was that year.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:28 PM

I am extremely excited to watch the playoffs this year. I think this is going to be the best playoff year ever in the NFL. I agree with others about the Eagles/Packers game being exciting(especially the Eagles O vs. the Packers D), But I feel like the Colts/Jets game will be very good also.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:06 PM

2,819 posts, read 9,378,334 times
Colts win over Jets

Jet's have to much media pressure from Brett to happy endings to lovely feet. I think the pressure will get to them and the Colts home field will help.
Add to the fact that their coach was beating his chest early on about going to the Super Bowl.

Chiefs win over Ravens

Smell an upset here, the Chiefs are this years sleeper. They are young and hungry. Yes, they are up and down but the Ravens are even more up and down. I think the Arrowheads will be celebrating this weekend.

Saints over Seahawks

The Hawks are 7-9 going into the dome. Seattle vs., Saints will be like the Panthers playing the Falcons this past Sunday. I have a feeling that Brees will pull a 3+ touchdown victory for the Who Dat's

Packers over Eagles

Yes, they are in Philly. But Vick is not 100%. Eagles have a historical weak offensive line. Vicks high life will be short lived, outside the fact that he is a disease (Falcons as example) and already creating issues within the Eagles (Week 16 in regard to ignoring Reid and the QB Coach) thus hurting himself again. Take that aside he is small. Donovan is 6'5" 245. Vick is 5'11" 180. With a weak line small folks can only be crushed by 300+ lb lineman so many times before they break. Kolb and Vick both.

By the time it is done I see Pat's vs., Falcons right now but that could change after this week.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:45 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,677,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I picked the Steelers and I will tell you why and it is not just because I am a fan. First of all I feel like the Ravens are going to beat the Chiefs, I just feel like the Chiefs are a year away from being a serious SB contender(sorry Chief fans, you have a good team just not ready yet.). Second I feel like the Colts/Jets game can go either way, but I am leaning towards the Jets. I really feel that either the Jets or the Ravens can go into NE and beat the Pats, and the reason is because I feel like the Pats aren't really as talented as what people are making them out to be. I feel that Tom Brady is just on an incredible tear and he is making that whole team over achieve. I feel that their defense is a liability, even though they have been playing well, I just don't think that D is good at all. I think the Pats really don't want to play the Ravens since the Ravens SHOULD have won in NE earlier this year and they blew them out in Foxboro last year. I think worse case scenario for the Pats is if the Ravens and Colts win, then the Ravens would be coming to town. The reason I have the Steelers going instead of the Ravens or Jets is because the Steelers seem to own both of those teams in the playoffs, especially at home. To me the Pats remind me of the Colts back in 2005 when everybody was saying nobody could beat the Colts and their first playoff game that year was against the Steelers and they just went in there and shocked the Colts early and led the entire game. Remember that they played earlier that year and the Colts destroyed the Steelers kind of like the Pats did the Jets, so I think either one of those teams can be the Steelers of this playoff year. The difference between that year and this year is that the Steelers are way better of a #2 seed than Denver was that year.

They (Pats and Steelers) played each other this year and the game wasn't as close as the score indicated.

The Pats have not lost at home. Even if my Jets win againts the Colts, they have no shot at beating the Pats.....

The only team in the AFC I believe w a realistic shot of winning in Foxboro other than the Pats is the Colts. Reason is they have the best offensive player next to Tom Brady. As a Jets fan I didn't want this first round matchup (vs Colts..) wanted the Chiefs...

Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 PM

6,926 posts, read 5,700,447 times
the pats!!!! All the way!!!!

Old 01-05-2011, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
They (Pats and Steelers) played each other this year and the game wasn't as close as the score indicated.

The Pats have not lost at home. Even if my Jets win againts the Colts, they have no shot at beating the Pats.....

The only team in the AFC I believe w a realistic shot of winning in Foxboro other than the Pats is the Colts. Reason is they have the best offensive player next to Tom Brady. As a Jets fan I didn't want this first round matchup (vs Colts..) wanted the Chiefs...

If you looked at what I said I never said the Steelers would beat the Pats, I just don't think the Pats are going to make it to the Championship. Don't be that down on your team nobody thought they were even going to make it to the playoffs last year and they ended up going to the AFC championship game. I think people are forgetting that one of the Pats 2 losses was to the Jets. I know the last game was a blow out in favor of the Pats, but that was because the Pats made an adjustment for that second game and the Jets were caught off guard. If they can get out of the game this week against the Colts I believe they will make the necessary adjustments to win in Foxboro. Everybody has a habit of getting caught up on the regular season, but that means nothing come playoff time. The Saints backed into the playoffs last year and went to and won the SB, the Pats went undefeated in the regular season a few years ago and they lost the SB. Any team that is willing to press the Patriots recievers has a shot at beating them.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:58 AM
PDD

8,774 posts, read 14,877,508 times
As a Jets fan who else could I vote for but New England?

Wishful thinking only gets you to November then you have to be a realist.

Old 01-05-2011, 01:01 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,677,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
If you looked at what I said I never said the Steelers would beat the Pats, I just don't think the Pats are going to make it to the Championship. Don't be that down on your team nobody thought they were even going to make it to the playoffs last year and they ended up going to the AFC championship game. I think people are forgetting that one of the Pats 2 losses was to the Jets. I know the last game was a blow out in favor of the Pats, but that was because the Pats made an adjustment for that second game and the Jets were caught off guard. If they can get out of the game this week against the Colts I believe they will make the necessary adjustments to win in Foxboro. Everybody has a habit of getting caught up on the regular season, but that means nothing come playoff time. The Saints backed into the playoffs last year and went to and won the SB, the Pats went undefeated in the regular season a few years ago and they lost the SB. Any team that is willing to press the Patriots recievers has a shot at beating them.
Dude, how does a 13-3 team "back" into the playoffs (ie New Orleans Saints of '09)???

I am not getting "caught up" in the regular season. I'm just being a realist.

The Pats in '08 only beat the Giants 38-35 in the regular season so the SB win by the Giants was not a SHOCK to many people (even though the Pats were undefeated at the time).

Of course any team can beat another in any given day and its not impossible (for the Jets to beat the Pats), but its very unlikely..

Even the most biased Jets fans who can't stand Brady would I think agree w/me.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or