U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:09 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,713,591 times

Advertisements

Well, I didn't EXPECT this, (I mean, cmon...I don't think ANYONE expected this to happen...(ie 3 points in the 1st 1/2 for the Pats especially) but I thought if they could move the chains and keep Brady off the field they'd have a shot...

The biggest factor to me was 5 red zone trips and 4 TD's......no way FG's were going to get it done..

The game plan was amazing. Brady never looked comfortable except for a couple throws...he dinked and dunked and had alot of 3rd and longs...not very characteristic for this team....The Jets running game was great..kudos to the OL. Always seemed like Shonn and LT got 4-5 yrds every play.....

I thought the fake punt call was huge for the Jets momentum....Bellicheck blew that...gave the Jets momentum and a huge feeling they could win this thing I bet. BUT, I told my buddies during the game this was not uncharacteristic of Bellicheck because he took major chances before (ie at the Colts going for it on 4th down a couple yrs ago...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 09:05 PM

3,039 posts, read 5,950,846 times
I'll be honest I did expect a closer game but I wasn't surprised at all with the result. Jets are flat out a better team than the Pats were this year. When they said in the beginning of the season after getting all their new acquisitions that they were the team to beat, they really were. There team is stacked. Defensively, when on, they are the best defensive team in football. Better than the Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Bears any other team you throw out there. Then they improved their offense tremendously and received a bonus when LT knocked off the rust and played a fantastic consistent season.

This team really can win the superbowl and the only team that scares me right now is the Packers. Aaron Rodgers is playing out of his mind right now and although the corners can cover the receivers well Rodgers seems to put it where only his receivers can get it last few games. Hes torched his opponents. We'll see what happens next week, but if the Jets make it to the superbowl, Packers will have been there strongest opponent.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:58 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,773,860 times
I predicted a Packers v. Jets Super Bowl during preseason and it might just happen. I should have put money down on it!

Old 01-16-2011, 10:08 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,931,012 times
I'll be rooting for the Packers to win it all!! I was glad to see Belicheat get knocked off though the Jets seem a bit too angry considering they won the game.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:21 AM

1,302 posts, read 4,112,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I'll be rooting for the Packers to win it all!! I was glad to see Belicheat get knocked off though the Jets seem a bit too angry considering they won the game.

Yeah especially Bart Scott, LOL!!!!!! He said how I felt about the Pats D "Their defense can't stop a nose bleed", lol classic.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:29 AM

1,302 posts, read 4,112,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
I'll be honest I did expect a closer game but I wasn't surprised at all with the result. Jets are flat out a better team than the Pats were this year. When they said in the beginning of the season after getting all their new acquisitions that they were the team to beat, they really were. There team is stacked. Defensively, when on, they are the best defensive team in football. Better than the Steelers, Ravens, Packers, Bears any other team you throw out there. Then they improved their offense tremendously and received a bonus when LT knocked off the rust and played a fantastic consistent season.

This team really can win the superbowl and the only team that scares me right now is the Packers. Aaron Rodgers is playing out of his mind right now and although the corners can cover the receivers well Rodgers seems to put it where only his receivers can get it last few games. Hes torched his opponents. We'll see what happens next week, but if the Jets make it to the superbowl, Packers will have been there strongest opponent.

I will agree with you about the defense. I feel like their defense is more balanced than the Steelers and Ravens, but the Packers defense is similar. I think the Steelers and Ravens are better up front and have better pass rushes, but the Jets D backs are a step or two better than both of theirs. I am still picking the Steelers in this one because of Ben once again. Both teams will get pressure, both teams running games will be held in check in this game, and there WILL be turnovers on both sides, but I think under pressure Ben will be able to make plays and Sanchez will eventually crack under the pressure and make a costly mistake. My picks are still the Steelers and the Packers in the Superbowl.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:55 AM

21,496 posts, read 22,054,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
According to the broadcasters if I heard correctly, next Sunday will be only the second time in NFL history that the Packers and Bears have squared off in the postseason. The last time was a week after the attack on Pearl Harbor. Hard to believe considering the age of that rivalry.
I believe when that happened last, they were the only two teams in the league and had been for a dozen years or so before each finally making it to the big game. Much better competition in their division since then prevented this re-match from occurring.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:02 AM

2,223 posts, read 3,009,762 times
The way I see it, no matter who wins the next three games, an interesting scenario will play out.

If Pittsburgh wins, than Roethlisberger will have bounced back from being suspended by Goodell and disgracefully stripped of his captaincy, to winning his third SB ring, tying Tom Brady and making future Steeler/Patriot games that much more interesting.

If they don't, then a young up-and-comer QB will win his first. Aaron Rodgers has put up some gaudy numbers (he's actually the official career leader in passer rating), and a Lombardi might very well cement him as "The Man" in the NFL. Jay Cutler got run out of Denver and has no shortage of critics, but he's two wins away from shutting them up. And Mark Sanchez had a mediocre regular season, but his playoff poise these first two seasons has been excellent, and a Super Bowl victory could make him the next Joe Namath ("Midtown" Mark Sanchez?)

Old 01-17-2011, 08:11 AM

1,080 posts, read 831,487 times
I won't predict again as I had the Pats going all the way, but I would like a Jets/GB Superbowl and although in this scenario GB has the edge would like to see the Jets win the Superbowl.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:22 AM

3,039 posts, read 5,950,846 times
@ Dorian I wouldn't have it any other way. I urge people to continue picking against the Jets. We see what it led to against the Pats. This team seems to play so much better as the underdogs so I hope that the point differential favors the Steelers and if the Jets win Packers as well in the Superbowl...

People are talking on here about why are the Jets so mad??? Are you kidding me? Rewind these thread to pages 1-15 or something like that and you'll see why. Anyone who watches football for real knows the capability of this team. They've been completely disrecpected this whole season... and granted, its partly their fault for the way they talk a big game, and haven't really shown up in all games during the regular season... but NOBODY gave this team a chance. I think if you were to ask New Yorkers who was gonna win this game, they'd tell you New England. PRobably me and Dorian (again going by what this thread showed before, alot of people are gonna speak up now saying that they picked the Jets) were the only ones that saw through the Pats.

So again to everyone PLEASE pick against the Jets, it only favors my team. What you saw from Bart Scott was raw and real emotion and I guarantee you the whole team feels that way. I love the passion of this team. It just embodies what NY is all about so much. Tough, gritty, outspoken, loud and passionate team. I LOVE IT and I can't wait for next week. I'll be honest no game will have more meaning for me personally than this Pats game. I can't stand the Patriots. They're smug, cocky arrogance comes across every single time they speak. You can tell with Belichicks no comments and his teams sly little responses poking little cheap shots at the Jets at what this team is really all about. And I was hoping that when the Jets scored that final touchdown, they would've gone for two, cause everyone knows thats what Belichick would've done. Say what you want about this outspoken team, they may not be the classiest bunch of people, but they are dam certain way classier than the patriots...

JETS ALL DAY!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or