U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 05:04 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,676,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
You shouldNEVER be okay with a 3 man rush..it is defensive suicide..
what are you talking about?

The Jets run a 3-4 defense and have been scheming very very well the past 2 games. QB's haven't been able to find anyone open..

They gave Brady a ton of time on alot of plays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I have noticed a shift in peoples picks. All through the playoffs so far nobody was picking the Jets to do anything, but me and 1 Anon1, but now all of a sudden there are people on here picking them and sportscasters picking them. I still am sticking with my original picks for the SB Steelers and the Pack. I personally love the fact that people like the Jets now because that takes the chip off their shoulder. I think the point spreads are too much tho, I think it should be, Steelers favored by 2 or 3 and the Packers by 1. I think 3.5 is too high for the AFC game and I think they gave the Packers 3. I just think Roethlisberger will cause too many problems for the Jets D and the Steelers D will reek havoc on Sanchez and the Jets O. Like Bill Cower said on Sunday, this will be the best defense the Jets have faced all year. The last time they played Troy Polamalu didn't play. I also think the Packers D will make a big play to beat the Bears. The one thing I do worry about with my Packers pick is did Rodgers already peak? I wonder if he can put up another great performance.
I don't think the Steelers D will reak havoc on Sanchez....Harrison is pretty banged up and I'm not convinced Polomalu is 100%.

Anyway, the secondary of the Steelers is somewhat overrated overall IMO and Sanchez can expose that......just my .02.

If he can get some passes downfield to his receivers it will open up the running game..

Schotty will have to really be on his game this time just like the 1st matchup....cannot be so conservative as on Sunday IMO..

Old 01-17-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
So let's say fourth quarter comes and the score is tied, would you take Sanchez over Ben? To me they both play better with the game on the line but Ben is better and has been there and done that.
Of course you want Ben going by history......

Just like you'd want Brady over Sanchez in a big spot

Or Manning over Sanchez in a big spot..

But we saw how it turned out in both games.....

Kudos again to Rex and company for great scheming....

who knows? Maybe its Mark's turn this year...

just sayin'......

Old 01-17-2011, 06:24 PM

11,419 posts, read 20,274,985 times
I'm still going w/my long ago pick of Steelers/Packers (of course - I'm a Steeler fan and husband is Packers fan, lol).

Old 01-17-2011, 09:13 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,102,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Of course you want Ben going by history......

Just like you'd want Brady over Sanchez in a big spot

Or Manning over Sanchez in a big spot..

But we saw how it turned out in both games.....

Kudos again to Rex and company for great scheming....

who knows? Maybe its Mark's turn this year...

just sayin'......

I defiantly wouldn't take Manning over any of them in late game situations. He is not very good with the game on the line in the post season.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:01 PM

9,585 posts, read 8,889,712 times
Quote:
what are you talking about?

The Jets run a 3-4 defense and have been scheming very very well the past 2 games. QB's haven't been able to find anyone open..

They gave Brady a ton of time on alot of plays.
Don't agree...we did not watch the same game...

Old 01-18-2011, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Don't agree...we did not watch the same game...

The Jets really didn't blitz that much in that game. The rushed 3 or 4 people over 80% of the time in that game.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:
I defiantly wouldn't take Manning over any of them in late game situations. He is not very good with the game on the line in the post season.
I was going by Manning vs. Sanchez in the 4Q....

You still wouldn't take Manning over him?

Old 01-18-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
I was going by Manning vs. Sanchez in the 4Q....

You still wouldn't take Manning over him?

I am not really sure who I would take because I just don't trust Manning with the game on the line.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:14 AM

3,039 posts, read 5,930,120 times
@ coupon jack i agree with almost everything you said. the first comment about the steelers D is what people fail to realize. If you saw the ravens game polamalu wasn't even a factor. he missed two wide open tackles. clearly hes not at 100% and Harrison either.

And its true that you wouldn't take Sanchez over brady or ben in the 4th quarter but I agree with dorian about Peyton. Hes a great QB and in the regular season probably one of the greatest of all time but when it comes to pressure, he does not deal well with it at all. He has a 9-10 record in the playoffs and that superbowl championship he didn't even play that well. thankfully his QB competitor was Rex grossman...

So come 4th quarter I would definitely take sanchez over manning...
I gotta be honest with you though, Sanchez definitely does have more valleys than Ben does but if you look at his 4th quarter statistics there as good as anybody in the game. people get enveloped in what hes done during the regular season but come playoff time and 4th quarter he is always a different QB. as for right now ill give the slight edge to ben only cause hes won two championships but sanchez is definitely up there in my book. Numbers don't lie.

Finally about Rodgers peaking... I do think he peaked against Atlanta but I dont think it will be a problem. He still will have great numbers. he wasn't exactly playing against a formidable defense in the falcons and his numbers reflected that. He is still on a tear in the playoffs though and I see this being a good game between the Bears but just too much Rodgers in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or