U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 02:17 PM

520 posts, read 847,070 times

Advertisements

The Steelers. For some reason, we - yes WE - turn it on in the playoffs. If we go into Foxboro, it will be a different intensity and the Steelers will be better prepared for the 4-wide set the Pats ran on them in the first meeting (the only way the Pats could cope with the Steel Curtain).

In turn, I think Pittsburgh will reciprocate and go 4-wide early and often. Emmanual Sanders has proven he can ball, in addition to deep threat Wallace and hard-nosed Ward. And, they still have Heath Miller and Antonio Brown who can step up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 06:57 PM

5,426 posts, read 6,406,182 times
Patriots/Falcons in the Super Bowl.

Patriots wins.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:03 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,106,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Dude, how does a 13-3 team "back" into the playoffs (ie New Orleans Saints of '09)???

I am not getting "caught up" in the regular season. I'm just being a realist.

The Pats in '08 only beat the Giants 38-35 in the regular season so the SB win by the Giants was not a SHOCK to many people (even though the Pats were undefeated at the time).

Of course any team can beat another in any given day and its not impossible (for the Jets to beat the Pats), but its very unlikely..

Even the most biased Jets fans who can't stand Brady would I think agree w/me.....

You asked how does a 13-3 team back into the playoffs, easy when the team was 13-0 and lost their last 3. A lot of people weren't even picking the Saints to win their conference tournament let alone win the SB. Some questioned if they would have even won their first playoff game that season. And lets not forget that not only did they lose their last 3, but they also almost lost the 2 before that. Their last 5 games went like this: W 33-30 in OT at Washington, W 26-23 at Atlanta, L 24-17 at home against Dallas(a game that wasn't even as close as the score makes it seem.), L 20-17 OT at home against Tampa Bay, and L 23-10 at Carolina. If I remember correct they are the first team to lose their final 3 games of the regular season and win the SB.

Old 01-05-2011, 10:38 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,688,982 times
What do you want from the team? They won their first 13 freakin games which is extremely rare!

They rested their starters and clinched a bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs...!

They didn't "back in".....are you kiddin me?

Backing in is like what the seahawks did this year.....

give me a break.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:12 AM

8,120 posts, read 17,349,447 times
My sympathetic favorites, the teams I will be rooting for this post-season, will be the Patriots and the Seahawks, where my heart lies.

My predictions:
Wild Card week

Saints over Seahawks
Chiefs over Ravens
Colts over Jets
Eagles over Packers

Quarterfinal:

Steelers over Colts
Patriots over Chiefs
Eagles over Bears
Saints over Falcons

AFC Championship:
Patriots over Steelers

NFC Championship:
Eagles over Saints

Super Bowl XLV:
Patriots over Eagles in rematch of SB XXXIX

And as a Giants fan, it pains me to put the Eagles in this game, but I will be hoping my prediction to be wrong every game Vick steps onto the field.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:12 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,553,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
My sympathetic favorites, the teams I will be rooting for this post-season, will be the Patriots and the Seahawks, where my heart lies.

My predictions:
Wild Card week

Saints over Seahawks
Chiefs over Ravens
Colts over Jets
Eagles over Packers

Quarterfinal:

Steelers over Colts
Patriots over Chiefs
Eagles over Bears
Saints over Falcons

AFC Championship:
Patriots over Steelers

NFC Championship:
Eagles over Saints

Super Bowl XLV:

And as a Giants fan, it pains me to put the Eagles in this game, but I will be hoping my prediction to be wrong every game Vick steps onto the field.
^^^^^
What Mike said, with the only possible exception of the Ravens over the Cheifs, and Falcons over Saints.

The Eagles need to go down, being the rival to the Giants, who I have come to favor quite a bit the past few weeks.

Patriots over Falcons in the Superbowl.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:49 PM

6,847 posts, read 7,909,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post

Super Bowl XLV:

Have no fear Mike. I think the Pack will take care of the Iggles this weekend. My giant crystal ball says so.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
What do you want from the team? They won their first 13 freakin games which is extremely rare!

They rested their starters and clinched a bye and home field advantage throughout the playoffs...!

They didn't "back in".....are you kiddin me?

Backing in is like what the seahawks did this year.....

give me a break.

They didn't rest their starters

They rested their starters in the last game and that was it. They had to fight to win every game because they were in danger of losing the #1 seed to the Vikings. They defiantly backed into the playoffs. Backing in to the playoffs doesn't mean you have a bad record, it means you are playing your worst FB of the season going into the playoffs. If you watched the whole Saints season last year you would have noticed that they were completely dominate early in the season, but looked very beatable late in the season. Wither you want to admit it or not the were struggling going into the post season and most people thought the Vikings, Cowboys, and Packers were better than them going in.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:34 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,688,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
They didn't rest their starters

They rested their starters in the last game and that was it. They had to fight to win every game because they were in danger of losing the #1 seed to the Vikings. They defiantly backed into the playoffs. Backing in to the playoffs doesn't mean you have a bad record, it means you are playing your worst FB of the season going into the playoffs. If you watched the whole Saints season last year you would have noticed that they were completely dominate early in the season, but looked very beatable late in the season. Wither you want to admit it or not the were struggling going into the post season and most people thought the Vikings, Cowboys, and Packers were better than them going in.
Ok, they lost 2 game by a combined total of 7 points. One to the Cowboys and the other in OT to division rival Tampa Bay and you call that "looking very beatable"?

Dude, your argument makes NO sense....

Old 01-06-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Ok, they lost 2 game by a combined total of 7 points. One to the Cowboys and the other in OT to division rival Tampa Bay and you call that "looking very beatable"?

Dude, your argument makes NO sense....

It wasn't just the 3 they lost, the 2 wins they had right before the losses were very tight games and one of those was against a team that was a bad team. I think you need to go back to shows leading into the playoffs last year, most people were down on the Saints at that point in time, there were even a good amount of people who picked the Cards to win that playoff game in NO. I received rep on what I am saying, so obviously somebody knows what I am talking about. I'm sure if you could interveiw a member of that Saints team and ask them if that is how they wanted to enter the playoffs they would tell you no. When they talked to the players after those games they would say they needed to play better. And not to mention their kicking game was very questionable. I found a link watch this and listen to watch the sportscasters say at the end.
NFL Videos: NFL GameDay: Buccaneers vs. Saints highlights
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or