U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-08-2011, 09:31 PM
 
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
9,114 posts, read 15,669,212 times
Reputation: 3695

Advertisements

Wow, can you ask for 2 better games than what you saw today???

Its going to be hard for Balt/KC and Phila/GB to top this....


Atta baby REX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-08-2011, 10:44 PM
 
Location: The canyon (with my pistols and knife)
13,217 posts, read 17,951,565 times
Reputation: 14655
Go Chieagles! Go Eefs! YASS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Some T-1 Line
520 posts, read 845,434 times
Reputation: 448
As a Steelers fan from Washington, DC, I can't say how much I HATE the Ravens. I do. Sorry. I really cannot stand them. I'll be honest, some of it is fear. It is a matchup that I really do not want my Steelers to be in. Because even if we win, we'll probably lose about 6 starters on both sides of the ball as the Steelers and Ravens really go in on one another.

Now, after my rant, I will say that even as a Steelers fan, I've got real respect for them dirty birds. Now, it's time to show them, once again, that the Steel is Real. "Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 05:52 PM
 
36,850 posts, read 16,083,784 times
Reputation: 8368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmith365 View Post
As a Steelers fan from Washington, DC, I can't say how much I HATE the Ravens. I do. Sorry. I really cannot stand them. I'll be honest, some of it is fear. It is a matchup that I really do not want my Steelers to be in. Because even if we win, we'll probably lose about 6 starters on both sides of the ball as the Steelers and Ravens really go in on one another.

Now, after my rant, I will say that even as a Steelers fan, I've got real respect for them dirty birds. Now, it's time to show them, once again, that the Steel is Real. "Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow."
As being born in DC and moving to MD at the age of 2 I am a Redskin fan 1st then a Raven fan. I could never understand not rooting for your home team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 06:27 PM
 
Location: Some T-1 Line
520 posts, read 845,434 times
Reputation: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
As being born in DC and moving to MD at the age of 2 I am a Redskin fan 1st then a Raven fan. I could never understand not rooting for your home team.
Well, I've started liking the Steelers when I was around 3, when they were a hot team in the 70s with Bradshaw, Joe Greene, Swan, Stallworth, etc. Sorry, dawg, but we can't help who we fall in love with and I fell in love with the black and yellow.

As an adult, I try to root for the skins, but the colors have always sucked. When Joe Gibbs was running the skins in the 80s, I liked them. I didn't like them because they were winning, I liked them because they had a sense of attitude and "swagger" (dang, I hate that cliched word). They had the hogs, the smurfs and Riggins was tight. Now, they got a bunch of drama, PLUS they can't win games.

Being from DC, I lost a lot of respect for the Redskins for moving out of DC and playing football in Landover - oh, I'm sorry, RalJohn - Maryland?

I have no loyalty to a city. I was born and raised in DC but I can change my residence, or country for that matter, at the drop of a hat. I want to see my city succeed and do well, but sports is extra-curricular. But, I always claim the Skins as my NFC team (but, since Vick been doing his thing in PA, I've been rooting for them, or should I say "him"). The Skins need to get an identity like they had in the 80s. Get some smurfs. They should have traded for Vick or kept Jason Campbell. Right now, they appear schizophrenic. The Steelers are consistent. They are going to have a tenured coach and the drama is going to be at a minimum as the Rooney's don't play that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 07:09 PM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,186,833 times
Reputation: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I picked the Steelers and I will tell you why and it is not just because I am a fan. First of all I feel like the Ravens are going to beat the Chiefs, I just feel like the Chiefs are a year away from being a serious SB contender(sorry Chief fans, you have a good team just not ready yet.). Second I feel like the Colts/Jets game can go either way, but I am leaning towards the Jets. I really feel that either the Jets or the Ravens can go into NE and beat the Pats, and the reason is because I feel like the Pats aren't really as talented as what people are making them out to be. I feel that Tom Brady is just on an incredible tear and he is making that whole team over achieve. I feel that their defense is a liability, even though they have been playing well, I just don't think that D is good at all. I think the Pats really don't want to play the Ravens since the Ravens SHOULD have won in NE earlier this year and they blew them out in Foxboro last year. I think worse case scenario for the Pats is if the Ravens and Colts win, then the Ravens would be coming to town. The reason I have the Steelers going instead of the Ravens or Jets is because the Steelers seem to own both of those teams in the playoffs, especially at home. To me the Pats remind me of the Colts back in 2005 when everybody was saying nobody could beat the Colts and their first playoff game that year was against the Steelers and they just went in there and shocked the Colts early and led the entire game. Remember that they played earlier that year and the Colts destroyed the Steelers kind of like the Pats did the Jets, so I think either one of those teams can be the Steelers of this playoff year. The difference between that year and this year is that the Steelers are way better of a #2 seed than Denver was that year.

The same argument you made against the Pats can be made about every team in the AFC. Bottom line is this, look at the teams left and the Patriots are the only ones who have beaten all of them. Shoulda woulda coulda dont mean a thing, we beat Baltimore, embarassed Pittsburgh and the Jets. I guess Tom has been on a tear since 2001 when he won is first of 3 superbowls? What else does the guy have to do?

I guess your point can be also compared to the 15-1 Steelers of 2001 who had all their travel plans for the Superbowl made before the Patriots game at Heinz field and got smashed at home? Sounds more like sour grapes to me but hell I'm biased.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 07:11 PM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,186,833 times
Reputation: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Any team that is willing to press the Patriots recievers has a shot at beating them.

If it was that easy you would be an defensive coordinator in the NFL dude.

So who presses Hernandez and Gronkowski?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 07:15 PM
 
2,221 posts, read 3,186,833 times
Reputation: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmith365 View Post
The Steelers. For some reason, we - yes WE - turn it on in the playoffs. If we go into Foxboro, it will be a different intensity and the Steelers will be better prepared for the 4-wide set the Pats ran on them in the first meeting (the only way the Pats could cope with the Steel Curtain).
LMAO... You must have missed the news flash that Tom Brady is like 6-1 vs Pittsburgh, so if the only way he can "cope with the steel curtain" is to go 4 wide you may be overdue for a defensive adjustment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Alexandria, VA
11,419 posts, read 20,254,648 times
Reputation: 16475
I have a problem w/someone saying Black and Yellow - It's Black and GOLD! I live in NoVa but born and raised and will forever be a Steeler fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2011, 08:46 PM
 
20,900 posts, read 39,168,910 times
Reputation: 19187
Who could've foreseen that Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Kansas City, and especially New Orleans would be out of the playoffs in the first round. Damn!

My vote was for Pittsburgh to win it all, and who knows, they just might do it.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top