U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 10:47 AM

520 posts, read 845,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I am originally from Pittsburgh and a life long Steelers fan, but I now live in NJ right across the river from NYC and I have run into plenty of people who were born and raised here, deep in Giants and Jets territory, who are die hard Steelers fans. I see almost as many Steelers fans as I Jets and Giants fans. I also have family members that live all over the country and they say the samething. There are Steeler Bars in every city. There is a reason it is called "Steeler Nation".
Good points. We have a Steelers bar in DC on Pennsylvania avenue. And, what if you - being a Pittsburgh native and life-long Steerlers fan - moved to Cleveland or Cincinnati. Are you supposed to turn your back on the Steelers and now become a Browns or Bengals fan? I don't think so... that's treason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 11:08 AM

1,302 posts, read 4,102,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmith365 View Post
Good points. We have a Steelers bar in DC on Pennsylvania avenue. And, what if you - being a Pittsburgh native and life-long Steerlers fan - moved to Cleveland or Cincinnati. Are you supposed to turn your back on the Steelers and now become a Browns or Bengals fan? I don't think so... that's treason.

LOL, I have a cousin and a friend who lives in Cleveland. My friend is a Steeler fan but my cousin is a Browns fan(I know boo). Believe it or not my friend said there is a good amount of Steeler fans in Cleveland.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:14 PM

8,114 posts, read 17,329,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
My sympathetic favorites, the teams I will be rooting for this post-season, will be the Patriots and the Seahawks, where my heart lies.

My predictions:
Wild Card week

Saints over Seahawks
Chiefs over Ravens
Colts over Jets
Eagles over Packers

Quarterfinal:

Steelers over Colts
Patriots over Chiefs
Eagles over Bears
Saints over Falcons

AFC Championship:
Patriots over Steelers

NFC Championship:
Eagles over Saints

Super Bowl XLV:
Patriots over Eagles in rematch of SB XXXIX

And as a Giants fan, it pains me to put the Eagles in this game, but I will be hoping my prediction to be wrong every game Vick steps onto the field.
Well, lookie here! The saying about a broken clock being right twice a day does not apply to the Mike0421 football prognostication pool. I need to check the Duracell batteries in my watch and see if I'm running a few minutes slow, or perhaps, a few hours. What an embarrassment!

Attention, aspiring wagerers. I am going to offer up my next round of predictions free of charge later in the week. All of you who wish to lay down bets can feel free to read my predictions and throw all your money in the other direction!

Well, here's a prediction for you: tonight it will be dark! Now, everyone take off for Antarctica, and prove me wrong.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:16 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Well, lookie here! The saying about a broken clock being right twice a day does not apply to the Mike0421 football prognostication pool. I need to check the Duracell batteries in my watch and see if I'm running a few minutes slow, or perhaps, a few hours. What an embarrassment!

Attention, aspiring wagerers. I am going to offer up my next round of predictions free of charge later in the week. All of you who wish to lay down bets can feel free to read my predictions and throw all your money in the other direction!

Well, here's a prediction for you: tonight it will be dark! Now, everyone take off for Antarctica, and prove me wrong.
Hey Mike, long time listener, first time caller. Can you do me a solid and pick the Seahawks this weekend? Thanks!

Old 01-10-2011, 05:36 PM

2,819 posts, read 9,377,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
Colts win over Jets

Jet's have to much media pressure from Brett to happy endings to lovely feet. I think the pressure will get to them and the Colts home field will help.
Add to the fact that their coach was beating his chest early on about going to the Super Bowl.

Chiefs win over Ravens

Smell an upset here, the Chiefs are this years sleeper. They are young and hungry. Yes, they are up and down but the Ravens are even more up and down. I think the Arrowheads will be celebrating this weekend.

Saints over Seahawks

The Hawks are 7-9 going into the dome. Seattle vs., Saints will be like the Panthers playing the Falcons this past Sunday. I have a feeling that Brees will pull a 3+ touchdown victory for the Who Dat's

Packers over Eagles

Yes, they are in Philly. But Vick is not 100%. Eagles have a historical weak offensive line. Vicks high life will be short lived, outside the fact that he is a disease (Falcons as example) and already creating issues within the Eagles (Week 16 in regard to ignoring Reid and the QB Coach) thus hurting himself again. Take that aside he is small. Donovan is 6'5" 245. Vick is 5'11" 180. With a weak line small folks can only be crushed by 300+ lb lineman so many times before they break. Kolb and Vick both.

By the time it is done I see Pat's vs., Falcons right now but that could change after this week.
1 for 3.
A great example of why I do not gamble on Football!

Old 01-10-2011, 10:23 PM

1,620 posts, read 2,397,750 times
i was hoping Eagles over Pats for the Super Bowl. Sadly that plan went up... Now i am hoping Falcons over Pats

Old 01-11-2011, 06:39 AM

2,999 posts, read 3,157,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Where was THIS Marshawn Lynch when he was with the Bills????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKVEttPqvmE
Can say the same about Antowain Smith! He did alright over with the Pats.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:37 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,961,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
One of two fascinating scenarios if the Packers win in the ATL, either the Packers/Bears rekindle the oldest rivalry in football in the NFC title game, OR the 7-9 Seahawks would HOST the NFC title game. Either way, Im rooting for the Packers, 2 weeks in a rows now, easily the first time in my life I could say this.
I'm with you o-ish. A Bear/Packer title game, outside in the cold just sounds so good. No domes, no fake grass, no climate controlled bs, and no canned noise. Like you, I find myself rooting for the Bears (the dark-side) for this one weekend, as you are pulling for the Pack. Hopefully they will both get it done and we'll have an old school title game between two division rivals. Good luck to the Bears (just this weekend though).

GO PACK GO!!

Old 01-11-2011, 09:12 AM

11,723 posts, read 11,550,474 times
Shaping up to be very interesting!!! Couldn't believe the Saints and Colts lost, although I was pulling for Jets and Seahawks all they way! Now if the Pack can just handle those Falcons!

Old 01-11-2011, 03:55 PM

2,402 posts, read 3,579,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
I'm with you o-ish. A Bear/Packer title game, outside in the cold just sounds so good. No domes, no fake grass, no climate controlled bs, and no canned noise. Like you, I find myself rooting for the Bears (the dark-side) for this one weekend, as you are pulling for the Pack. Hopefully they will both get it done and we'll have an old school title game between two division rivals. Good luck to the Bears (just this weekend though).

GO PACK GO!!
Don't count on the Packers beating the Falcons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or