Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 02:31 AM

711 posts, read 1,143,535 times

Advertisements

New England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 05:55 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,725,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
It wasn't just the 3 they lost, the 2 wins they had right before the losses were very tight games and one of those was against a team that was a bad team. I think you need to go back to shows leading into the playoffs last year, most people were down on the Saints at that point in time, there were even a good amount of people who picked the Cards to win that playoff game in NO. I received rep on what I am saying, so obviously somebody knows what I am talking about. I'm sure if you could interveiw a member of that Saints team and ask them if that is how they wanted to enter the playoffs they would tell you no. When they talked to the players after those games they would say they needed to play better. And not to mention their kicking game was very questionable. I found a link watch this and listen to watch the sportscasters say at the end.
NFL Videos: NFL GameDay: Buccaneers vs. Saints highlights

In football when you are undefeated in the regualar season, (especially 10-0, 11-0), the pressure ramps up and teams start giving you their best because they want to knock you off more.

I'm just going to agree to disagree w/you because this isn't going anywhere.....

Also, do you honestly believe by getting 1 rep point that validates your argument? I mean do you REALLY believe that? I get rep points all the time (and on this issue) but I don't need to boast that for my argument.....

Old 01-07-2011, 06:38 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
Nobody say any AFC team other than the New England Patriots. You'll get yelled at if you do.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:23 AM

1,302 posts, read 4,573,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
In football when you are undefeated in the regualar season, (especially 10-0, 11-0), the pressure ramps up and teams start giving you their best because they want to knock you off more.

I'm just going to agree to disagree w/you because this isn't going anywhere.....

Also, do you honestly believe by getting 1 rep point that validates your argument? I mean do you REALLY believe that? I get rep points all the time (and on this issue) but I don't need to boast that for my argument.....

I'll give you the agree to disagree thing, but did you watch the video that is all I want to know? Teams going 10-0 or 11-0 in the regular season is becoming a very common occurrence. Since 2005, 5 teams have started out at least 10-0, that is about one a year. There are teams in the NFL that get other teams "best shot" every time they hit the field, like the Steelers, Patriots, Cowboys, and the Colts(for the last decade or so),So that is no excuse. It is not just the fact that they were losing, it was how they were losing. The were turning the ball over, teams were running all over them, their running game wasn't really effective, and their defense wasn't forcing the TOs they were earlier in the season.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Nobody say any AFC team other than the New England Patriots. You'll get yelled at if you do.

LOL, that is what it seems like, sheesh.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:45 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,725,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I'll give you the agree to disagree thing, but did you watch the video that is all I want to know? Teams going 10-0 or 11-0 in the regular season is becoming a very common occurrence. Since 2005, 5 teams have started out at least 10-0, that is about one a year. There are teams in the NFL that get other teams "best shot" every time they hit the field, like the Steelers, Patriots, Cowboys, and the Colts(for the last decade or so),So that is no excuse. It is not just the fact that they were losing, it was how they were losing. The were turning the ball over, teams were running all over them, their running game wasn't really effective, and their defense wasn't forcing the TOs they were earlier in the season.
How many teams started out 13-0?

Old 01-07-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
How many teams started out 13-0?

Six all-time, BUT since 2005 there has been four:2005 Colts, 2007 Patriots(who started 18-0, 16-0 in the regular season), of course the 2009 Saints, and the 2009 Colts(who started off 14-0). Like I said it is not that special any more.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:50 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,600,426 times
I knew that with the 12th man and New Orleans' injuries on offense, Seattle had a real shot- but still, I'm very surprised at what I'm seeing.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
I knew that with the 12th man and New Orleans' injuries on offense, Seattle had a real shot- but still, I'm very surprised at what I'm seeing.

I am right there with you. I thought they had a shot and the 10.5 point spread was too much, but I didn't think Seattle was going to put up that many points. How about they run by Lynch, that is what I call wanting it. I said I thought this was going to be the best playoff year ever and just look how they have started with the game earlier and now this one that is on right now.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:12 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,493,524 times
That Lynch run and Hasselbeck's passing combined to equal one amazing victory for the Seahawks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football