Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:50 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times

Advertisements

From the original 12 teams, were down to 4: Steelers, Jets, Packers and da Bears. About 68% of the poll picks are now out of it.

So far, my pick (Steelers) are still in it, and I like their chances.

Next week's two games should be awesome.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 09:59 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,150 times
Heh, Im the lone vote for Da Bears in this poll and I'm still alive! Honestly, that was more of a homer vote as oppose to me actually believing it, but I'll be darn happy if I am right.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:13 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times
I got the Packers and Jets in the superbowl. But I think that the point spreads are completely fair. They got the Steelers at home with Big Ben favored by 3 and a half over the Jets and they got the Pack favored by 3 in Chicago. Chicago fans will get mad at that, but I think that very similar to the Jets, the Pack underperformed this year in the regular season and its now that you see this team clicking on all cylinders.

Overall the reason why they are favored on the road as opposed to the Jets comes down to two reasons, lesser competition (Bears vs. Steelers) and the QB is by far the best QB playing in the playoffs right now. Rodgers is playing out of his mind. Granted, that Atlanta defense was as its always been, WEAK, but I still believe that the way Rodgers is playing right now, Bears D will not stop him enough for them to win that game.

We'll get to the superbowl pick after this week, but I do believe that Packers and Jets will make it out of their respective conferences, but one things for sure this weekend may be the best playoff weekend of them all. Rival NFC north teams Packers vs. Bears. The defensive minded Jets vs. Steelers... Could you script it any better?

Old 01-17-2011, 10:14 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,897 times
Jet's and Packers in the Super Bowl.

Then again, all of the teams I predicted to move forward, only the Jet's are left. So then again take my prediction for what it is worth.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:18 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Overall the reason why they are favored on the road as opposed to the Jets comes down to two reasons, lesser competition (Bears vs. Steelers) and the QB is by far the best QB playing in the playoffs right now. Rodgers is playing out of his mind. Granted, that Atlanta defense was as its always been, WEAK, but I still believe that the way Rodgers is playing right now, Bears D will not stop him enough for them to win that game.
The oddsmakers don't take any of this into consideration, at least not initially, they consider what will get the bets to even out on both sides, the do not care who will win, they care what you think. ESPN and other major media talking heads are really high on the packers right now, that drives the line as much, if not more than any type of analytical breakdown.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:54 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
The oddsmakers don't take any of this into consideration, at least not initially, they consider what will get the bets to even out on both sides, the do not care who will win, they care what you think. ESPN and other major media talking heads are really high on the packers right now, that drives the line as much, if not more than any type of analytical breakdown.
Jets and Bears are both 3 point underdogs....

You get 2 1/2 - 3 points automatically for playing at home......

just an FYI...

Old 01-17-2011, 11:52 AM

14,322 posts, read 14,618,819 times
Looking at an ESPN poll, just about the whole country went with Packers/Steelers, except for Illinois!

Interesting results, 17,000-20,000 people voted, even Minnesota went with Packers/Steelers. I went back in to see if voting more than once was possible, nope, although I could vote on a couple of added questions.

I was amazed at the QB questions, I guess Aaron Rodgers performance in ATL, made him a favorite. I thought Cutler was great yesterday but Rodgers might get the confidence vote.

Games this weekend will be awesome, I'm still amazed at the Jets, I had a hunch that Seahawks would not beat da Bears. Soldier Field is rough! I'm a little concerned about Aaron, his comment about dome playing (after all he is a Calif. boy)! They asked him why he likes domes and he said, I get to wear my favorite shoes and then my feet don't hurt. Honest, I worry about him sometimes!

Old 01-17-2011, 11:56 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,091 times
I'm going to go with the Jets and the Packers in the Super Bowl.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:50 PM

365 posts, read 779,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Heh, Im the lone vote for Da Bears in this poll and I'm still alive! Honestly, that was more of a homer vote as oppose to me actually believing it, but I'll be darn happy if I am right.
They only had to beat Seattle at home in January to get this far so no big surprise they're still alive. And now they get the Packers and anything can happen when those two teams meat. I give the Bears a 50/50 chance of getting to the Super Bowl.

Last edited by bay2bay; 01-17-2011 at 01:26 PM..

Old 01-17-2011, 01:00 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay2bay View Post
I give the Bears a 50/50 chance of getting to the Super Bowl.
This comment made me laugh...

Saying the Bears have a "50/50 chance of getting to the super bowl" is like saying theres a 50% chance of rain......

Can you go out on a limb buddy....just a little....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football