Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will take everything?
New England Patriots 15 46.88%
Pittsburgh Steelers 6 18.75%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Baltimore Ravens 1 3.13%
New York Jets 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 4 12.50%
Chicago Bears 1 3.13%
Philadelphia Eagles 1 3.13%
Seattle Seahawks 1 3.13%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 01:22 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,807,338 times

Advertisements

@ couponjack who are you taking for the Jets vs. Steelers game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 01:25 PM

365 posts, read 779,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
This comment made me laugh...

Saying the Bears have a "50/50 chance of getting to the super bowl" is like saying theres a 50% chance of rain......

Can you go out on a limb buddy....just a little....?
Point being... Normally I would pick the Pack. I had no doubt they would beat the Falcons and the Eagles. It's not a matter of "going out on a limb" but rather a matter of knowing that when the Packers and Bears meet everything else is meaningless... who's on a roll, etc. Throw the records out, throw last games performance out, throw last meeting out between these two clubs... these two teams are such a rivalry that it is impossible for my gut to pick the winner. But, if you must have a pick I'll have to be a homer and give the Pack a 51/49 chance of winning... that's as far out on the "limb" I'm going on this one!

Old 01-17-2011, 02:14 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bay2bay View Post
Point being... Normally I would pick the Pack. I had no doubt they would beat the Falcons and the Eagles. It's not a matter of "going out on a limb" but rather a matter of knowing that when the Packers and Bears meet everything else is meaningless... who's on a roll, etc. Throw the records out, throw last games performance out, throw last meeting out between these two clubs... these two teams are such a rivalry that it is impossible for my gut to pick the winner. But, if you must have a pick I'll have to be a homer and give the Pack a 51/49 chance of winning... that's as far out on the "limb" I'm going on this one!
To be honest, the Bears are getting no respect because of the Montana-esque performance of Aaron Rodgers in the Atlanta game....people think he's invincible right now. However, you cannot be perfect every game so I'd be careful if I was a pack fan...you can't take anything for granted.

That's the feeling I get (and I'm sure most would agree..)

The sexy pick is the Packers...

It definitely will be fun to watch.....

Old 01-17-2011, 02:23 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,721,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
@ couponjack who are you taking for the Jets vs. Steelers game?
I'm picking the Jets based on emotions plain and simple. That's the best, most honest answer I can give you.

I think the Jets believe and want it more than any team they've faced so far. Sanchez is playing well enough to win. Rex is scheming and planning as well as any coach can do right now.....

We have beaten 2 Hall of Fame QB's on the road. I don't believe beating another is that far fetched....

All I know is that its going to be a war.....

If more people pick the Steelers I won't be shocked.....this is how football should be in January....

Old 01-17-2011, 02:47 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,807,338 times
Well said man... I'm glad to see that game knocked the pessimism out of you a little... lol. I do think though, that the games seem to be getting harder and harder as the games go on. Colts were playing hot at the time in the AFC however that being said, aside from Saints and Seahawks they really were one of the weaker opponents. Then the Pats who everyone thought was gonna win it all, really don't have much of a defense and the Jets exploited that this week.

This is why I worry a little more than the Pats for this game, Steelers got #1 ranked defense and Ben is more mobile than led-legs Brady... If the Jets win I definitely don't think it will be by two touchdowns or even one. It'll be a nail-biter but I'll take em' by at most four points. And i'm not buying anyone who says that Sanchez will fold under the pressure (@ Dorian 2 pages ago I think), because if anything he plays better under pressure. All he's shown this season is that come 4th Quarter hes a different QB and through his brief career all hes shown is that he kicks it up a notch come playoff time, so I dont know how now that changes...

Old 01-17-2011, 02:52 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,154,568 times
Quote:
@ jp03 I'll be honest I was okay with the three man rush since they had 8 guys supposedly covering the different routes... it should have been such an easy pick and with 2 minutes to go and 3 TO's, Ravens could have easily won that game... but tanking is the ideal word here.
You shouldNEVER be okay with a 3 man rush..it is defensive suicide..

Old 01-17-2011, 03:01 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,573,243 times
I have noticed a shift in peoples picks. All through the playoffs so far nobody was picking the Jets to do anything, but me and 1 Anon1, but now all of a sudden there are people on here picking them and sportscasters picking them. I still am sticking with my original picks for the SB Steelers and the Pack. I personally love the fact that people like the Jets now because that takes the chip off their shoulder. I think the point spreads are too much tho, I think it should be, Steelers favored by 2 or 3 and the Packers by 1. I think 3.5 is too high for the AFC game and I think they gave the Packers 3. I just think Roethlisberger will cause too many problems for the Jets D and the Steelers D will reek havoc on Sanchez and the Jets O. Like Bill Cower said on Sunday, this will be the best defense the Jets have faced all year. The last time they played Troy Polamalu didn't play. I also think the Packers D will make a big play to beat the Bears. The one thing I do worry about with my Packers pick is did Rodgers already peak? I wonder if he can put up another great performance.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
You shouldNEVER be okay with a 3 man rush..it is defensive suicide..

The Jets did it and was fine.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Well said man... I'm glad to see that game knocked the pessimism out of you a little... lol. I do think though, that the games seem to be getting harder and harder as the games go on. Colts were playing hot at the time in the AFC however that being said, aside from Saints and Seahawks they really were one of the weaker opponents. Then the Pats who everyone thought was gonna win it all, really don't have much of a defense and the Jets exploited that this week.

This is why I worry a little more than the Pats for this game, Steelers got #1 ranked defense and Ben is more mobile than led-legs Brady... If the Jets win I definitely don't think it will be by two touchdowns or even one. It'll be a nail-biter but I'll take em' by at most four points. And i'm not buying anyone who says that Sanchez will fold under the pressure (@ Dorian 2 pages ago I think), because if anything he plays better under pressure. All he's shown this season is that come 4th Quarter hes a different QB and through his brief career all hes shown is that he kicks it up a notch come playoff time, so I dont know how now that changes...

So let's say fourth quarter comes and the score is tied, would you take Sanchez over Ben? To me they both play better with the game on the line but Ben is better and has been there and done that.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:13 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,947 times
All QBs have peaks and valleys. Sanchizes valley are far, far, far lower than BigBens. The two are not even close to being comparable--that doesn't mean the Jets can't win though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football