U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has the best career outlook?
Jimmy Clausen 0 0%
Colt McCoy 24 66.67%
Tim Tebow 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 05:29 PM

16,531 posts, read 20,989,157 times

Advertisements

Hopefully a last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 05:50 PM

4,131 posts, read 4,782,020 times
I say Tebow-he has heart and potential-Mccoy? Well all I saw was him on the ground on Sunday-so the jury is out -it will be interesting to see next year (actually both McCoy and Tebow) with new leadership

Old 01-06-2011, 06:09 PM

27,798 posts, read 26,235,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
I think McCoy, he looked alright against the Steelers in the first meeting, not so much in the second tho. Tebow has shocked me in his first start, but I am still not a believer. I think Clausen is done already, I always thought he was overrated anyway. Carolina will go out and get another QB this off season and Jimmy will never see the field again.
Done? Why- did he have a good team around him and he play poorly? Pretty difficult when your RBs are all injured and all you really have is a selfish WR Steve Smith to throw to. And John Fox pretty much mailed it in.

Aikman, Elway, and Manning all stunk it up in their first seasons - royally. I saw Clausen play against the Bucs and he didn't look all that bad in his first game.

BTW, Vince Young won Rookie of the Year in his first year - and see where he is at. You can't really tell about a player until he gets a few seasons under his belt. Many great QBs don't even see the field until 2-3 seasons on the bench. Clausen didn't get that.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,436,346 times
I like them both but went with Tebow because he is smarter and more physical then McCoy.

At times McCoy seems to not be able to handle the hits and it will cost him over time.

I also like Bradford, if he was in the poll I would put him ahead of McCoy.

Clausen, a waste of a draft pick.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:31 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,103,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Done? Why- did he have a good team around him and he play poorly? Pretty difficult when your RBs are all injured and all you really have is a selfish WR Steve Smith to throw to. And John Fox pretty much mailed it in.

Aikman, Elway, and Manning all stunk it up in their first seasons - royally. I saw Clausen play against the Bucs and he didn't look all that bad in his first game.

BTW, Vince Young won Rookie of the Year in his first year - and see where he is at. You can't really tell about a player until he gets a few seasons under his belt. Many great QBs don't even see the field until 2-3 seasons on the bench. Clausen didn't get that.

Where is he going to get a second chance at?????? The era is totally different now as oppose to when Aikman and Elway played. Everybody is on "what can you do for me now" they don't invest long term into QB's anymore, that is what makes the Aaron Rodgers story so interesting. Vince Young is still a pretty decent STARTING QB. What happened to him was he had constant problems with his head coach. His stats aren't bad at all. Young will go somewhere else and be a starter, hopefully he can go somewhere where he can have a health relationship with his coaching staff.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:07 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,855,871 times
VY is a head case. He's done.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z166/shinyfish/vince_baby-1.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-06-2011, 10:00 PM

2,478 posts, read 4,872,413 times
I haven't seen Clausen enough to say, but I know it won't be Tim Tebow. He may be a leader, but he doesn't have the skills. He's the product of a system and those guys never work out. See Alex Smith, Shane Matthews, Heath Shuler, Tim Couch and on and on and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
Where is he going to get a second chance at?????? The era is totally different now as oppose to when Aikman and Elway played. Everybody is on "what can you do for me now" they don't invest long term into QB's anymore, that is what makes the Aaron Rodgers story so interesting. Vince Young is still a pretty decent STARTING QB. What happened to him was he had constant problems with his head coach. His stats aren't bad at all. Young will go somewhere else and be a starter, hopefully he can go somewhere where he can have a health relationship with his coaching staff.
Did you ever watch him play? The problem wasn't with his head coach, its that he's immature and can't accept the fact that this isn't college, everyone is good. If he starts somewhere else, it won't be for long. He stinks.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:11 PM

1,302 posts, read 4,103,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I haven't seen Clausen enough to say, but I know it won't be Tim Tebow. He may be a leader, but he doesn't have the skills. He's the product of a system and those guys never work out. See Alex Smith, Shane Matthews, Heath Shuler, Tim Couch and on and on and on.

Did you ever watch him play? The problem wasn't with his head coach, its that he's immature and can't accept the fact that this isn't college, everyone is good. If he starts somewhere else, it won't be for long. He stinks.

I agree he does have maturity issues, but I feel like that could be changed. It didn't help that the owner pulled strings to draft him despite the fact that the head coach didn't want him. It would have helped him out if he had a coach that actually wanted him. I am not saying Fisher was wrong, I just think it was a bad situation. They were never a good match. He has a pretty good record, and to me the team performed better when he was in. He almost saved their season last year, he brought them back when it looked like they were dead in the water.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:35 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,722,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
VY is a head case. He's done.
Hater

Old 01-07-2011, 02:50 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,891,477 times
I choose McCoy. He did well in his starts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football