U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has the best career outlook?
Jimmy Clausen 0 0%
Colt McCoy 24 66.67%
Tim Tebow 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 02:37 PM

1,563 posts, read 1,662,678 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping it's McCoy but the jury is still out.

He looked good with a healthy Hillis but just couldn't do much once he got hobbled. Then again, what rookie is going to beat the Ravens and Steelers with a crippled RB, no receivers and one decent TE? Not many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 02:37 PM

5,805 posts, read 6,591,418 times
I feel the hiring of Pat Shurmur as the head coach of the Browns will help develop McCoy into a franchise QB. Shurmur did a good job with Bradford's first year while Shurmur was the OC of the Rams.

I'm sure that's why Holmgren put all his chips on Shurmur, to tutor McCoy and give the young QB more options.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:25 PM

13,943 posts, read 19,182,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I haven't seen Clausen enough to say, but I know it won't be Tim Tebow. He may be a leader, but he doesn't have the skills. He's the product of a system and those guys never work out. See Alex Smith, Shane Matthews, Heath Shuler, Tim Couch and on and on and on.
You posted this on another thread and I debunked it once already, so why try it again?

Anyways, it's going to come down to Tebow and McCoy. Clausen is too much like Jay Cutler to ever be a true franchise quarterback. I give Tebow the edge over McCoy because he's far more talented and has prototypical NFL size, while McCoy is shorter than average for the NFL. McCoy has slightly more polished mechanics but Tebow is catching up fast.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:32 AM

5,805 posts, read 6,591,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You posted this on another thread and I debunked it once already, so why try it again?

Anyways, it's going to come down to Tebow and McCoy. Clausen is too much like Jay Cutler to ever be a true franchise quarterback. I give Tebow the edge over McCoy because he's far more talented and has prototypical NFL size, while McCoy is shorter than average for the NFL. McCoy has slightly more polished mechanics but Tebow is catching up fast.
I hope that Tebow stays at QB but I personally see him moving to Half Back, especially if Denver can get a better QB via the draft or free agency.

Tebow has said he would move to HB if asked. He is a team player and just wants to win games. Plus he would drive defensive coordinators crazy since he could be used in the Wildcat at anytime.

I put McCoy ahead of Tebow for being a long term franchise QB.

Last edited by USNRET04; 01-15-2011 at 07:44 AM..

Old 01-15-2011, 02:40 PM

13,943 posts, read 19,182,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I hope that Tebow stays at QB but I personally see him moving to Half Back, especially if Denver can get a better QB via the draft or free agency.

Tebow has said he would move to HB if asked. He is a team player and just wants to win games. Plus he would drive defensive coordinators crazy since he could be used in the Wildcat at anytime.

I put McCoy ahead of Tebow for being a long term franchise QB.
Not going to happen though. Tebow is a QB.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:50 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,620,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsobchak View Post
Both Tebow and McCoy are morally questionable.
morally questionable??????? compared to whom?

Old 01-16-2011, 11:55 AM

48,516 posts, read 84,044,795 times
Its just non-sense posted by a troll.not worth a reply. I do think Tebow has much further to go fromhis role playig i college. mnay college quratebaqcks never make i the pros because your plying agianst 12 very good players always.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:34 PM

14,600 posts, read 22,455,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I like them both but went with Tebow because he is smarter and more physical then McCoy.
That and you're from Florida.

I went with Tebow because I'm a Bronco fan and he earned my respect in those last two games. He plays to win and I think he's gonna do well in the NFL.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:43 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,065,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
I remember last spring there was a lot of talk about these three QB's; they were big names coming out of college, but there was no real consensus on when they'd be drafted, or if they were good bets to pan out. So now that their rookie year is complete- who do you think has the best career ahead of them?
I don't think any of these guys is going to be elite quarterbacks.

For my money the two best young quarterbacks in the NFL are Sam Braford and Josh Freeman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football