U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these teams are most likely to move to L.A.?
Bills 0 0%
Chargers 22 22.45%
49ers 2 2.04%
Jaguars 30 30.61%
Raiders 18 18.37%
Rams 6 6.12%
Vikings 20 20.41%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 08:21 PM

1,198 posts, read 2,050,950 times

Advertisements

the Politics that have prevented the NFL from returning to L.A. did not affect Baltimore, Houston, St. Louis, Cleveland, from getting the NFL back

Old 02-25-2012, 10:49 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,249 posts, read 19,200,442 times
You know, I realize it's just people's opnions.... but do you REALLY believe that the Jaguars will move to L.A. or are you just following what you think everyone else is thinking?

Old 02-26-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
You know, I realize it's just people's opnions.... but do you REALLY believe that the Jaguars will move to L.A. or are you just following what you think everyone else is thinking?
the NFL and L.A. have been going in circles ever since the Rams and Raiders left, i will believe it when it actually happens, when the moving trucks, vans, actually arrive in L.A.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:41 PM

536 posts, read 473,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

Their new owner vows he is not moving them. I think most people jump to the Jaguars conclusion because they have a hard time selling tickets. They should be worried more about putting a consistent, quality product on the field then moving the team. A good team will put the butts in the seats!

I'll say it again, the Chargers are the team that makes the most sense, by far.

Old 02-27-2012, 07:53 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,249 posts, read 19,200,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Their new owner vows he is not moving them. I think most people jump to the Jaguars conclusion because they have a hard time selling tickets. They should be worried more about putting a consistent, quality product on the field then moving the team. A good team will put the butts in the seats!

I'll say it again, the Chargers are the team that makes the most sense, by far.
I say it WILL be the Chargers. They've been the front runners since the announcement. They have a crap stadium with little chance to get a new facility anytime soon. And they already have a fan base in L.A.

Jaguars aren't goin' anywhere... at least, not to L.A. within the next decade.

Old 02-28-2012, 12:37 AM

I heard the deal was a success in Northern California for the new 49ers stadium in Santa Clara, and I heard there was public-funds, taxpayer money involved, weird, i'm very shocked, I thought California had a tradition of always flat-out refusing to use any form of Public-Funds, Taxpayer dollars to foot the bill when building a Professional Sports Venue, Arena, Stadium, so i'm confused.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:19 AM

21,367 posts, read 21,936,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
I heard the deal was a success in Northern California for the new 49ers stadium in Santa Clara, and I heard there was public-funds, taxpayer money involved, weird, i'm very shocked, I thought California had a tradition of always flat-out refusing to use any form of Public-Funds, Taxpayer dollars to foot the bill when building a Professional Sports Venue, Arena, Stadium, so i'm confused.
supposedly no public money is being used according to some reports. however, that private funding is an $850M loan that the city of Santa Clara is getting from Goldman Sachs, BOA and US Bank. Don't know about anyone else, but that seems to me to be a govt/public arrangement anyway you slice it. The city would service the loan through naming rights, ticket sales and rent ($30M/yr) among other income streams.

I think the stadium looks pretty cool.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
supposedly no public money is being used according to some reports. however, that private funding is an $850M loan that the city of Santa Clara is getting from Goldman Sachs, BOA and US Bank. Don't know about anyone else, but that seems to me to be a govt/public arrangement anyway you slice it. The city would service the loan through naming rights, ticket sales and rent ($30M/yr) among other income streams.

I think the stadium looks pretty cool.
i guess Southern California, hates, flat-out refuses to use public money, funds, taxpayer money way more than Northern California does

Old 03-01-2012, 05:40 PM

11,724 posts, read 11,561,574 times
OK, I think you can take Vikings off the list, news today sounded like they are getting a deal done for a new stadium in MPLS.

Old 03-01-2012, 07:02 PM

904 posts, read 1,636,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
OK, I think you can take Vikings off the list, news today sounded like they are getting a deal done for a new stadium in MPLS.
Yeah, I agree. After this, no way Vikings will leave now. Good for them, I don't want to see them leave MLPS. I couldn't care less about the Jaguars moving, but I def want to see the Bills and Vikings stay in the respective cities and not cave into the LA movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football