U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these teams are most likely to move to L.A.?
Bills 0 0%
Chargers 22 22.45%
49ers 2 2.04%
Jaguars 30 30.61%
Raiders 18 18.37%
Rams 6 6.12%
Vikings 20 20.41%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 02:55 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,770,576 times

Advertisements

If they put it down town that will DEFINETLY provide incentive to beef up the local transit infrastructure.

Put it out in industry and it'll be chokepoint city.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:49 PM

40,056 posts, read 30,520,596 times
I must say, I'm surprised to see the Raiders on that list. Haven't they already had the experience of Los Angeles? Even if Al Davis has gone completely irrational, I cannot imagine the Raiders trying L.A. a second time. If I had to make a choice, I'd say the Jaguars--if only because their history isn't as longstanding as the other teams on the list.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:09 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,247 posts, read 19,173,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I must say, I'm surprised to see the Raiders on that list. Haven't they already had the experience of Los Angeles? Even if Al Davis has gone completely irrational, I cannot imagine the Raiders trying L.A. a second time. If I had to make a choice, I'd say the Jaguars--if only because their history isn't as longstanding as the other teams on the list.
You're actually SURPRISED to see the Raiders on the list?

It's mainly about the stadium issue. Oakland's stadium (along with the other big Cali stadiums) are well behind the NFL's current standards.

Truth be told, I'd say the Chargers have even more of a chance now than the Jags moving....

Old 01-23-2011, 04:09 PM

Isn't there a big amount of Raiders residue in L.A.?

Old 01-23-2011, 10:08 PM

371 posts, read 518,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
The NFL wants a team in L.A..... According to the media, there are 7 teams that are most likely to move there.

- Bills
The simple reason why: Buffalo's hard hit economy/sunken population and the NFL's want for non-American teams.
Possibility (IMO): To L.A., none. To Toronto... it's inevitable.

- Chargers
The simple reason why: Old Stadium
Possibility (IMO): If San Diego can't get something goin', move back....

- 49ers
The simple reason why: Old Stadium.... but I don't see the 49ers EVER moving anywhere. Besides, they have a stadium planed.
Possibility (IMO): Not a damn chance.

- Jaguars
The simple reason why: Low attendance/blackouts
Possibility (IMO): I doubt it. Personally, I think the media wants the Jaguars in L.A. before L.A. does.

- Raiders
The simple reason why: Old Stadium (Cali has three of the most outdated stadiums in the Leauge right now)
Possibility (IMO): I actually think this SHOULD happen as soon as possible. Plus, ya just don't know what Al Davis would do...

- Rams
The simple reason why: Apparently the stadium is outdated and the lease will end in 4 years.
Possibility (IMO): Why? St. Louis is nothing but loyal to this team. And there's not much wrong with the stadium.... it's not even 20 years old yet.

- Vikings
The simple reason why: Stadium lease (this year)
Possibility (IMO): With the expired lease AND this video below, I think the possibility of Minnesota losing ANOTHER team to L.A. is increasing day by day.... unless they actually get a new stadium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAyLX2hY7E0

And here are the stadium proposals, the first three in downtown and the last in City of Industry.

The first design, with the retractable roof, looks like the design for the new Florida/Miami Marlins Ballpark.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:04 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,247 posts, read 19,173,700 times
Default Breaking news!!!

We now have an official name and design for the L.A. stadium, even WITHOUT a team to move to it right now.

Introducing... FARMERS FIELD

..... lot of Bengals fans in that second pic. Wonder what that means?

Old 02-05-2011, 08:25 PM

10,963 posts, read 8,050,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
The JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS did not have any blackouts this season. Please get your facts right JJ....Are you sure you keep up with Football in America?
But they do have attendance problem and they are in one of the smallest media markets of any NFL team.

Magic Johnson and a group of investors in L.A. are making a serious push to buy a team. The moment he made that annoucement the first thing that came to my mind is "Jackonville". The current owner would make a nice profit selling the team.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:07 AM

40,056 posts, read 30,520,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
But they do have attendance problem and they are in one of the smallest media markets of any NFL team.
I have long since stopped accepting market size as any kind of valid argument. And to back up my assertion, I give you the Green Bay Packers. If market size had any kind of validity, Green Bay wouldn't even be in the league, let alone going to Super Bowl XLV. That should close the market size case once and for all.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:42 AM

True true.

However, if the Jags are having enough troubles for it be a serious drag on the coffers, then you have to be willing to accept that it's a possiblity that they'd move.

Also the entire State of Wisconson are cheeseheads and the Pack have a big national bandwagon too so that's probably not the best comparison. A better one would probably be the Bills.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:08 AM

4,883 posts, read 3,972,759 times
I would say it is always possible for the Raiders to move back, at least for a few years, maybe they should be renamed the "California Raiders" ?
The Jags are a small market, and I was suprised that Florida can support 3 teams, I would think we could do fine here with two teams, the Suckaneers and my Finz do better in a fanbase than the jags

Anyone who knows football knows the Buffalo Bills won't be going anywhere. The attachment to the team and the city is too great.
And remember, when this invester group looked at moving a team, they mentioned going after the pAckers because it was the smallest market. That is proof right there that this investment goupe (if it is the same one we are discussing now) knows NOTHING about football or the NFL.
And we really have enough owners who know nothing about football already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football