U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these teams are most likely to move to L.A.?
Bills 0 0%
Chargers 22 22.45%
49ers 2 2.04%
Jaguars 30 30.61%
Raiders 18 18.37%
Rams 6 6.12%
Vikings 20 20.41%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 04:12 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,247 posts, read 19,179,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
So LA wants two teams, even though one has never worked in Los Angeles? I wish people would get over the idea of Los Angeles having a team. We get it, its the center of Hollywood entertainment and is a city people love to flock to. But, if a team hasn't worked there before more than once, why do so many think they need to yank a franchise from a city to bring them to LA? And now LA wants TWO teams? Haha! I wish people and LA would get over themselves. The city is home to many things, but that doesn't mean it MUST HAVE an NFL franchise. The NFL is the most popular sport in the US and continues to grow, and they've done it all without a team being based in LA.
I'm not even gonna start.

L.A.'s getting a team. Deal with it....

Old 12-21-2011, 04:24 PM

927 posts, read 1,209,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

You sound as certain about this as I am about San Antonio getting a team. My question? When will this so-called team go to Los Angeles and which team will it be? Or, are you buying into the media hype that says that Los Angeles should have a team because it's so big etc?

I don't buy it. And I don't think that there will be any new stadium in LA anytime soon either. There are too many hoops that the developers have to jump through to think that a new stadium out there will be anything more than a pipe dream for the foreseeable future. Next.

Old 12-21-2011, 04:53 PM

4 posts, read 3,775 times
Raiders and 49ers. LA is getting them both! Why wouldn't they? LA is the premiere city of California, so why shouldn't they have the majority of the teams?

Old 12-21-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
You sound as certain about this as I am about San Antonio getting a team. My question? When will this so-called team go to Los Angeles and which team will it be? Or, are you buying into the media hype that says that Los Angeles should have a team because it's so big etc?

I don't buy it. And I don't think that there will be any new stadium in LA anytime soon either. There are too many hoops that the developers have to jump through to think that a new stadium out there will be anything more than a pipe dream for the foreseeable future. Next.
No, I'm certain because of stadium issues with other teams and L.A. has 2 stadiums in plan. The NFL will push an push til it happens. And it's not like San Antonio is working on anything anytime soon. I'm all for a 3rd Texas team, but c'mon!

And did someone actually say the 49ers were moving to L.A.? Get real.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:18 PM

904 posts, read 1,635,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post

Deal with it? Yeah, if I cared that much I would. I was just stating my opinion as to why I think its ridiculousness LA is so highly touted to get a team yet have failed with the teams they've had, yet there's never a mention of that by anyone pulling for a franchise there, not even the NFL themselves. But, if they do get a team, I won't bat an eye, I'll welcome it. I'm passionate about my favorite team already so adding another team to the mix doesn't phase me. I wouldn't be surprised either if Toronto lands the Bills or another team before Los Angeles get a team. Toronto means international, something the NFL is wetting themselves thinking about.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Deal with it? Yeah, if I cared that much I would. I was just stating my opinion as to why I think its ridiculousness LA is so highly touted to get a team yet have failed with the teams they've had, yet there's never a mention of that by anyone pulling for a franchise there, not even the NFL themselves. But, if they do get a team, I won't bat an eye, I'll welcome it. I'm passionate about my favorite team already so adding another team to the mix doesn't phase me. I wouldn't be surprised either if Toronto lands the Bills or another team before Los Angeles get a team. Toronto means international, something the NFL is wetting themselves thinking about.
Then why did you post?

I had that same opinion... before I realized that ownership was the problem. L.A. did have a franchise 40+ years, ya know.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:24 PM

8,483 posts, read 10,467,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football_Fan View Post
Raiders and 49ers. LA is getting them both! Why wouldn't they? LA is the premiere city of California, so why shouldn't they have the majority of the teams?
If that ever happen, San Francisco would forever hate Los Angeles for stealing their beloved team.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:25 PM

16,527 posts, read 20,975,025 times
Reasonable dissent is allowed on these threads regarding discussion of a subject so long as the tone is civil. Over the top hyperbole is not.

And snarky references to a poster will not be tolerated on the football forum.

Thread re-opened-for now.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 12-22-2011 at 08:44 PM..

Old 12-23-2011, 08:24 AM

9,369 posts, read 18,016,290 times
I would say bring back the Rams, they should never have left. Only problem is that leaves a void in St. Louis, which could probably be filled by Buffalo which in my opinion is no longer a top city and doesn't really warrant a big league team. I know Buffalo fans will day, "but what about Green Bay, they're aren't a big city"? But they are a winning team steeped in tradition and they aren't going anywhere.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:11 AM

14,151 posts, read 19,763,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I would say bring back the Rams, they should never have left. Only problem is that leaves a void in St. Louis, which could probably be filled by Buffalo which in my opinion is no longer a top city and doesn't really warrant a big league team. I know Buffalo fans will day, "but what about Green Bay, they're aren't a big city"? But they are a winning team steeped in tradition and they aren't going anywhere.
Why not just move the Bills?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football