Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these teams are most likely to move to L.A.?
Bills 0 0%
Chargers 22 22.45%
49ers 2 2.04%
Jaguars 30 30.61%
Raiders 18 18.37%
Rams 6 6.12%
Vikings 20 20.41%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 06:34 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times

Advertisements

The NFL wants a team in L.A..... According to the media, there are 7 teams that are most likely to move there.

- Bills
The simple reason why: Buffalo's hard hit economy/sunken population and the NFL's want for non-American teams.
Possibility (IMO): To L.A., none. To Toronto... it's inevitable.

- Chargers
The simple reason why: Old Stadium
Possibility (IMO): If San Diego can't get something goin', move back....

- 49ers
The simple reason why: Old Stadium.... but I don't see the 49ers EVER moving anywhere. Besides, they have a stadium planed.
Possibility (IMO): Not a damn chance.

- Jaguars
The simple reason why: Low attendance/blackouts
Possibility (IMO): I doubt it. Personally, I think the media wants the Jaguars in L.A. before L.A. does.

- Raiders
The simple reason why: Old Stadium (Cali has three of the most outdated stadiums in the Leauge right now)
Possibility (IMO): I actually think this SHOULD happen as soon as possible. Plus, ya just don't know what Al Davis would do...

- Rams
The simple reason why: Apparently the stadium is outdated and the lease will end in 4 years.
Possibility (IMO): Why? St. Louis is nothing but loyal to this team. And there's not much wrong with the stadium.... it's not even 20 years old yet.

- Vikings
The simple reason why: Stadium lease (this year)
Possibility (IMO): With the expired lease AND this video below, I think the possibility of Minnesota losing ANOTHER team to L.A. is increasing day by day.... unless they actually get a new stadium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAyLX2hY7E0

And here are the stadium proposals, the first three in downtown and the last in City of Industry.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:31 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,091 times
The first three proposals for a new stadium in downtown L.A. look pretty cool, the last one is not so cool IMO...lol. It's hard to tell what weird Al will do so I guess I'll say the Chargers or the Vikings are probably the most likely teams to move to L.A. at this point.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:09 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
I haven't been to California in over 10 years, a lot has changed, etc. Last time I was in that area was for the Rose Bowl game on 1/1/98 (Mich vs Wash St), lots of fun.

Why build a new stadium in downtown L.A. when you have the Rose Bowl sitting there, with a seating capacity of 90,000 plus, and is now undergoing a renovation to make a lot more functional and enjoyable.

I believe some college games are played there, but that's on Saturday's. Why let such a marvelous asset sit unused on Sunday's?

If nothing else, having the Rose Bowl there allows a team to move to the area immediately and have a venue for games. If money and other issues can be worked out, perhaps a new stadium in downtown L.A. might work, but it sure seems hellish given the traffic now there and the lack of serious rail mass transit system in greater L.A. to serve the population.

I favor moving the Jax Jaguars to the L.A. area, since they're a relatively new team when compared against the old-line NFL teams of legend, like the Steelers, Vikings, Packers, Giants, da Bears, Eagles, 49'ers, etc. Having lost my Baltimore Colts 25+ years ago, the scars of losing a long-cherished team never heal. Never.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:35 PM

Even with the Rose Bowl's renovation, I doubt it would be enough for the NFL's standards for stadiums today. Plus, there's more desire for a downtown stadium since it's in a central location near more entertainment. That's why there are plans for a entirely new stadium in this general location.

If traffic was an issue, this year's Super Bowl over in Arlington wouldn't even be a second thought (the stadium is in a town that's at least 10 miles away from both Downtown Dallas and Fort Worth with NO mass transit what so ever).

Old 01-15-2011, 02:18 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,792,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I haven't been to California in over 10 years, a lot has changed, etc. Last time I was in that area was for the Rose Bowl game on 1/1/98 (Mich vs Wash St), lots of fun.

Why build a new stadium in downtown L.A. when you have the Rose Bowl sitting there, with a seating capacity of 90,000 plus, and is now undergoing a renovation to make a lot more functional and enjoyable.

I believe some college games are played there, but that's on Saturday's. Why let such a marvelous asset sit unused on Sunday's?

If nothing else, having the Rose Bowl there allows a team to move to the area immediately and have a venue for games. If money and other issues can be worked out, perhaps a new stadium in downtown L.A. might work, but it sure seems hellish given the traffic now there and the lack of serious rail mass transit system in greater L.A. to serve the population.

I favor moving the Jax Jaguars to the L.A. area, since they're a relatively new team when compared against the old-line NFL teams of legend, like the Steelers, Vikings, Packers, Giants, da Bears, Eagles, 49'ers, etc. Having lost my Baltimore Colts 25+ years ago, the scars of losing a long-cherished team never heal. Never.
lol The Rose Bowl will never allow an NFL team to play in it. They are already mad that UCLA plays there

Old 01-15-2011, 09:18 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
The JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS did not have any blackouts this season. Please get your facts right JJ....Are you sure you keep up with Football in America?

Old 01-15-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
The JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS did not have any blackouts this season. Please get your facts right JJ....Are you sure you keep up with Football in America?

Why am I not surprised this is your post?

First off, I'm not the one saying they have blackouts. Second, they're not the only team with certain issues, BUT because the NFL wants the Jaguars to move to L.A. more than anything (like I said), they're seen as the main target to pack up and leave.

And I said I don't agree with it. So don't get overly defensive.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:01 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,734,265 times
If Buffalo moves it's gonna be to Toronto. Sadly i keep saying this... Canada don't need an NFL team. They have their own league. Plus i think the Jags have a greater chance. They have such a low attendance.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:49 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,448 times
I would guess its the Chargers as my top pick, and then Jacksonville.. The Chargers if they moved there would still not be far, keep a fan base in San Diego and grow even more of one in Southern California if they went to LA.. The stadium they have now is a complete dump and they had a few blackouts with a team that was competing til the 2nd to last week for a division title. I think its inevitable...

Jacksonville is my 2nd guess just due to the trouble they have had. They've already tarped off many seats and Florida is primarily Dolphin country. To make matters worse, The Falcons are to the north and are rather close to infringing on the Jaguars market, as are the Buccaneers to the south. I think they'll stay, but it wouldnt shock me if they go if they have lots of losing seasons and issues.

Like said earlier, I think its inevitable the Bills move, but just go to Toronto. The NFL would love to be in that city I'm sure

Old 01-16-2011, 02:14 AM

711 posts, read 1,143,777 times
Raiders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football