U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 01:23 PM

431 posts, read 1,543,254 times

Advertisements

I just read that thus far, Nike is doing bupkis:

baltimoresun.com - O, by the Way: Archives
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 06:32 AM

328 posts, read 947,551 times
Default Soooo Tired of the whole "Thug Thing"

Please,Please,Please, let this be the beginning of the end of the whole "Thug
Culture." It is nowhere !!!!!!A colossal waste of time and potentially productive people.......Vick is a fool for putting his signature on such foolishness....... And I don't want to hear about how this politician does this and this politician does that or it 's because Vick is Black.....He screwed up.....That's what happens when you step into the "Thugs" life.....Ya gotta pay !!!!!!

Old 07-19-2007, 07:25 AM

13,106 posts, read 24,886,776 times
I have not bought Nike in years...all it took was to see where & how they were made....this company cares nothing about the workers they use overseas...paying them peanuts while they rape us with outrageous prices...more then likely to pay the salaries of spokesmen like Vicks.

It is becoming harder & harder but I strive to buy things that say "Made In The USA".

Old 07-19-2007, 04:22 PM

311 posts, read 1,280,425 times
I find it impossible to believe that Vick was not aware of what was going on. How can anyone own property and not be aware of something this sick?

I always thought he was an overated quarterback too. He can run but his passing skills are lousy.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:28 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,842,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan View Post
I find it impossible to believe that Vick was not aware of what was going on. How can anyone own property and not be aware of something this sick?

I always thought he was an overated quarterback too. He can run but his passing skills are lousy.
I agree with you 110%!! He's a great athlete, and a great runner but a below average QB at best. He should be either a wide receiver/punt returner or a running back.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:29 PM

Fresh off the press, Nike just cancelled the release of Vick's new shoe! I just heard it on ESPN, they're concerned about the allegations and do not want to associate with that kind of publicity. Good move by Nike. This seems to be the beginning of the fall of Vick. I'd be surprised if he starts the season for Atlanta, watch them go deep in the play-offs now!!

Old 07-19-2007, 05:56 PM

4,285 posts, read 14,424,523 times
Also fresh off the presses:

The NFL and the Atlanta Falcons are not going to take any action against Vick pending the outcome of judicial proceedings.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:17 PM

Which is good, like it or not. Vick is innocent until proven guilty but I was surprised Arthur Blank, Falcons owner didn't jump the gun as he has in the past. He's a very smart business man and is very concerned about the team's image and the fans. He has been that way in the past atleast. I still think there is too much time between now and the beginning of the season and more things will happen as more information becomes public, just a hunch.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:30 AM

2,003 posts, read 4,395,257 times
Default Vick building street cred

Contrary to conventional thinking this whole incident may actually build on Vicks popularity. While older people and especially whites may be disturbed by his cruelty there is a huge crowd of younger and darker fans who admire how this guy keeps it real and represents.

Here is a brother that has millions, and has tremendous success, can have intimate relations with the women of his choice and do whatever he pleases. Yet with all these options all he wants to do is hang with his homies and have his dogs fight. This is representing the streets to the fullest. In the eyes of the street and High School Hip Hop crowd he is an idol more so today than before the scandal broke.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:08 AM

1,913 posts, read 8,238,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
Contrary to conventional thinking this whole incident may actually build on Vicks popularity. While older people and especially whites may be disturbed by his cruelty there is a huge crowd of younger and darker fans who admire how this guy keeps it real and represents.

Here is a brother that has millions, and has tremendous success, can have intimate relations with the women of his choice and do whatever he pleases. Yet with all these options all he wants to do is hang with his homies and have his dogs fight. This is representing the streets to the fullest. In the eyes of the street and High School Hip Hop crowd he is an idol more so today than before the scandal broke.

Umm,...........what?

Please don't speak for the....in your words....
Quote:
huge crowd of younger and darker fans

An idol? Hardly. GMAFB.....

"Allegedly", 'Vick' and anyone else involved in dog fighting, are scumbags! And need to experience the pain the same way those dogs were tortured and killed.

I'm not even going to comment on the rest of the drivel.

All this does is enforce the fact that laws everywhere need to be in place in regards to this situation and dealt with severely none of this slap on the hand crap.
No matter what kind of "status" they have in society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football