Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 04:00 PM

3,189 posts, read 4,981,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
There are too many fans who act as if their team won because they themselves had something to do with it. I love hearing things like "We kicked your a$$". Really? We? Who's we? What position did you play?

Now you're getting into the ridiculous!

Of COURSE NONE of them actually believe they contributed to the teams success (outside of the players saying that the home fans are like an extra player on the field).

That same analogy could be used for ANY sports team.

You've never seen college kids shouting "we're number one"?

Do you seriously think they are implying that each and every one of them thinks they contributed to the team's success? It's just phrases that people use as fans. Fans is short for fanatics.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:09 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Quote:
No reason to really. The Steelers and Cowboys haven't had long stretches of ineptitude that would make the bandwagoners jump off. Most of those bandwagoners who jumped on in the 70's for both these teams would not be fans of them today if they never sniffed another Super Bowl.
There were 25 years between the SB wins! The 80's were NOT kind to us. If there were bandwagon fans from the 70's, they surely would have jumped off in the interim of 25 years, don't ya think? I'm not saying we don't have bandwagon fans--I would be naive to think that. But to say someone is a bandwagon fan that started liking the Steelers back in the "steel curtain" era and has hung on until now, hardly constitutes a bandwagon fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Saying people are "bandwagon fans" because they started to root for the Steelers in the 70's certainly doesn't make them that. That's nearly 40 years of rooting for the Steelers!
Exactly!! This is what I've been saying!

Quote:
ABSOLUTELY NOT!! There are too many fans who act as if their team won because they themselves had something to do with it. I love hearing things like "We kicked your a$$". Really? We? Who's we? What position did you play?
Using "we" is just a figure of speech. I think the Steelers themselves have something to do with that. They align themselves with us and call us all a "we" when talking about themselves AND the fans. I have heard multiple Steelers do this.

Some of the stuff that all of you (not just you Roc) take offense to sometimes blows my mind and I just sit there shaking my head in disbelief.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:22 PM

18,214 posts, read 25,850,946 times
I'm inclined to shut down this thread as we're getting off topic here-again. And the thread is "Why do so many people like the Steelers?" I'll give it a little more time though to see what we do here.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:26 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times
Quote:
^^^^^^^ EPIC POST FAIL ^^^^^^^

Another example of that jealousy I was referring to.

Hilarious that the graphic pertains to a Phoenix HOCKEY team too
Yes I'm OH so jealous of Steeler fans. I wish I could reach their level of obnoxiousness one day.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:33 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,549 times
Quote:
I don't think people who don't live in Pittsburgh really grasp just how important Pittsburghers take their football.

It may seem kind of silly to some, but it's a fact.

If you've ever been to Pittsburgh during a Steeler game, you'd think it was a ghost town.....everyone's watching the game.
I'm not talking about "Pittsburghers." I'm talking about all of the native Georgians who are magically Steeler fans and "bleed black and gold." They are generally insufferable and "Steeler Nation" may take the cake for obnoxiousness and annoyance factor. Just like all of the Yankee "fans" I meet all over the country.

Old 02-04-2011, 07:43 AM

18,214 posts, read 25,850,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I'm inclined to shut down this thread as we're getting off topic here-again. And the thread is "Why do so many people like the Steelers?" I'll give it a little more time though to see what we do here.
I think this thread has run its course. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football