Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of this years Super Bowl
Great Super bowl 54 65.06%
Super disappointment 29 34.94%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 09:41 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,577,663 times

Advertisements

Congrats to the Packers

It might just be me but I really can't remember a more underwhelming Superbowl than what we saw tonight.

The National Anthem was terrible

Black eye peas were awful

the commercials seemed lame

and the weather reports all week affirmed that yeah it was winter and global warming is a scam.

Maybe a lockout will do the NFL some good because tonight was a downer.

Even my wings were a little weak.

It's almost like ESPN right now is struggling to make the game highlights exciting complete with their usual upbeat musical soundtrack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 10:04 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,258,916 times
I agree with the commercials...very weak, worst ever maybe. I dont agree about Halftime show, I thought it was the best ever. I thought the game was dull even though my team won. Oh, and my wings are giving me some terrible heartburn right now. OUCH

Old 02-06-2011, 10:07 PM

14,319 posts, read 14,592,802 times
Commercials, not so great, I didn't like the halftime show, my sister thought it was awesome, and she's older than me (70's)!

The game itself, I'm a Pack fan so I was happy, thought the Steelers might come back but they didn't pull it off this time.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:36 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,768,222 times
I thought the game ws certainly not the greatest but far from the worse I have seen. Anytime in last four qaurters is always wroth watching.the runaway I go to sleep nless its my Dallas Cowboys of course.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:42 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,703,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandCitizen View Post
Congrats to the Packers

It might just be me but I really can't remember a more underwhelming Superbowl than what we saw tonight.

The National Anthem was terrible

Black eye peas were awful

the commercials seemed lame

and the weather reports all week affirmed that yeah it was winter and global warming is a scam.

Maybe a lockout will do the NFL some good because tonight was a downer.

Even my wings were a little weak.

It's almost like ESPN right now is struggling to make the game highlights exciting complete with their usual upbeat musical soundtrack.
What game were you watching? The Steelers came back, and made the 2 point conversion to cut it to 3 pts. they had a chance on the last drive. There were passing touchdowns, interceptions returned for touchdowns. It was a great game!

Old 02-06-2011, 10:43 PM

897 posts, read 1,686,567 times
It was a great Super Bowl,but very sloppy! It ranks right up there with the 1970 Super Bowl between The Cowboys and Colts and the 1977 Super Bowl between The Cowboys and Broncos in that regard.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:19 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,362,910 times
Who the hell cares about the commercials? This was a great game, pure and simple. Kudos to the Packers!

Old 02-06-2011, 11:25 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,316,705 times
The game was great. The Black Eyed Peas made waterboarding seem refreshing.

Old 02-06-2011, 11:33 PM

550 posts, read 1,354,558 times
I was disappointed in the Volkswagan 'The Force' commercial being short. The full version is 1 minute long and has more charm to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0

Had the Steelers come back and win, then people will be talking about it as being exciting. I'm glad to see the Packers win.

Also, the halftime show was a bit of a rip off of the Beijing Olympic opening ceremony!

Old 02-07-2011, 12:18 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,589,651 times
Question The worst superbowl??

One of the best for us as far as the game went!

Commercials weren't very impressive and I'm not a commercial lover. The beaver one was good LOL!

DH thought Christina missed words to part of the song and it looks like that's what the media is reporting. I couldn't understand why she chose to butcher it that way

Actually enjoyed the Black Eyed Peas, although I've never been a fan, I realize I like some of their music given the right circumstance. Thought their songs went well with the theme, although the mix (sound) seemed off. Fergie proved she could switch over to rock for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football