U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 12:32 PM

3,772 posts, read 9,564,657 times

Advertisements

What were some of your best Super Bowl games ever played ? Who came up with the idea of the Super Bowl? Where did the idea for the name "Super Bowl" come from?
Who were the MVP'S of your favorite Super Bowl Games?
Would you do anything extra to enhance the Super Bowl or is it fine the way it currently is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 03:04 PM

58,230 posts, read 41,152,842 times
Super Bowl III

It marked the arrival of the AFL as serious contenders and set the mood for the Mets winning the World Series the same year! Broadway Joe talked a lot of trash and backed it up.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:44 PM

262 posts, read 226,219 times
Default superbowl 36&38

both of these games were great they both came down to tthe last play of the game and thats al you can ask for.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:29 AM

792 posts, read 2,907,038 times
I personally enjoyed two in particular....
1. Denver's win over Green Bay in, I believe it was 1997. Alas a close game, which was very rare up to that time: since then the games have generally been more competitive. Also it finally broke this incredibly long jinx the AFC had vs the NFC. I looked at the AFC as almost being inconsequential by that point!
2. Buffalo vs NY Giants in 1990-91. Best Super Bowl ever and it isn't even close. People talk about these more recent games like Patriots-Rams, Rams-Titans, Patriots-Panthers, but Bills-Giants wasn't just a climatic finish, it was a great game, well-played both sides of the ball, back-and-forth from the opening kickoff. I doubt I'll ever witness a better Super Bowl in my lifetime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or