Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 01:46 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
Your garbage team isn't getting a sniff.
Time will tell.

We have Jim Harbaugh from Stanford and thats all that matters. This guy is a genius. Bill Walsh was his mentor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 01:37 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
You guys are a hoot! Anxious for some football, are we?? Lots of early speculation!

Remember last year when teams everyone thought would be in it, were out so fast?? Colts, Saints and Patriots come to mind! Teams people thought were a sure lock! No guarantees and yes, some teams will be better but playoff bound, not yet!

Old 09-05-2011, 01:41 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
If the Eagles are favored by 8 or more I will put my money on the Rams.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:06 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,798,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Eagles will win easy.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:40 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,480,614 times
Quote:
I think the line opened at Eagles -5.5, and is now at -5. It's not going anywhere close to 8.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
LOL. I do not believe there will be great turnover between last year's playoff teams and this years. The AFC will be identical almost. Exception is SD reclaiming the AFC West and KC proving last year was a fluke. KC went 2-4 in their own division last year ! Matt Cassell is a FRAUD !! Contrast that to Oakland who went 6-0, yet finished 8-8. SD had a top rated offense and defense. Yet, their Special Teams ruined their season. One must wonder if SD would be further along had they not fired Schottsy and replaced him with Norv.

The Bears are my BIG TIME step back team in the NFC. They were VERY lucky to even sniff the NFC Championship Game. Seattle shot their wad at home to beat a defenseless Saints team. I believe the Saints and Brees would of slapped around Chicago had they won BTW. Bears would of lost the division had Detroit not been screwed their first meeting as well. Cutler has no leadership, their WR's are very pedestrian and their Defensive Core is getting quite old.

I don't give a bleep how good the Eagles Secondary is. Their OL was bad last year and just as bad this year ! Team's got blueprint on Vick. Remember, the Eagles choked that Tuesday Night Game against a Minnesota team led by 3rd string QB Joe Webb after Favre got knocked out. It cost the Eagles a First Round bye. That went to Chicago who likely beat the only 7-9 team who ever made it to the division round. Past or Future. Andy Reid is too pass happy and gags in big games. Sorry Eagles. Another January Gag Job is in order !
No, really- you seem like a nice enough guy, but please leave my head.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:42 PM
FBJ

Quote:
I think the line opened at Eagles -5.5, and is now at -5. It's not going anywhere close to 8.
Ok so they must feel the same way I do in vegas and believe the rams at home will be no cake walk for the eagles

Old 09-05-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum0417 View Post
I do have Detroit pegged for 2nd in the NFC North. Good for a Wildcard at 9-7. Their defense is on the rise and if Stafford stays healthy, they will be there.

The Rams. Nope. Bradford still doesn't have enough weapons. I believe the Cards will reclaim the Division.
My worry with the Rams is that Josh McDaniels is their offensive coordinator, and apparently is being given wide latitude in terms of personnel. If his body of work in Denver is any indication of his ability to evaluate talent, and I think it is, then he's going to retard Bradford's growth quite a bit. I thought this was a surprisingly bad hire by a normally astute Spagnuolo.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Ok so they must feel the same way I do in vegas and believe the rams at home will be no cake walk for the eagles
Well, a 5 point road favorite is no small thing, either. The spread would be double digits if the game were in Philly.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:45 PM
FBJ

Quote:
My worry with the Rams is that Josh McDaniels is their offensive coordinator, and apparently is being given wide latitude in terms of personnel. If his body of work in Denver is any indication of his ability to evaluate talent, and I think it is, then he's going to retard Bradford's growth quite a bit. I thought this was a surprisingly bad hire by a normally astute Spagnuolo.
You can say the same for Denver who hired a guy as their headcoach was just fired by another team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football