U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 05:44 AM

157 posts, read 482,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Yeah, he is a disgusting human being... Sometimes I think he's going to get away with it because he's rich and famous. I also wonder if football fans are going to boycott his games or if they love football so much they are willing to look past this guys "mistakes."
Michael Vick made a mistake just like PARIS HILTON, BRITTNEY SPEARS, NICHOLE RICHIE and LINDSEY LOHAN, but you wll dont talk bad about them or try to take everything they have from them. Vick is a good quarterback but he made a stupid mistake. Let him do his time and let him back in the NFL after he pay his debt to soiety. Everythime a black man mess up, you all wanna take everything away from them but when one of these drunk white woman get caught with DUI's and spend 5 mins in jail, you all praise them on MTV!!!!!!!

Old 08-28-2007, 10:05 AM

2,464 posts, read 5,822,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibbs2007 View Post
Michael Vick made a mistake just like PARIS HILTON, BRITTNEY SPEARS, NICHOLE RICHIE and LINDSEY LOHAN, but you wll dont talk bad about them or try to take everything they have from them. Vick is a good quarterback but he made a stupid mistake. Let him do his time and let him back in the NFL after he pay his debt to soiety. Everythime a black man mess up, you all wanna take everything away from them but when one of these drunk white woman get caught with DUI's and spend 5 mins in jail, you all praise them on MTV!!!!!!!
Huh? You are sympathetic to someone who tortured animals - electrocuting them, hanging them, killing them? You categorize this as a stupid mistake? "Ooooops, I just put two dogs together in the same pen so they can tear each other up." "Oooooops, I just bet money on it." "OOOOOOOooooopps, I just put a noose on a dog and hung him on a tree in the backyard...." "OOoooooooopppppssss!!!!!" Please. Spare me your interpretation of a mistake. My moral compass works just fine thank you. I don't care about the celebrities you listed - too much ink is wasted on these stupid people. This behavior has been a way of life for Vick - maybe, with the threat of his career he just might change. With people like him, it takes more than a slap on the hand to get his attention. If he serves his time and is genuinely sorry... MAYBE he should get a chance to play again but that's up to the NFL.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:14 PM

13,106 posts, read 24,889,480 times
Personally I think Vick needs to be released on work furlough from 8AM-4PM each day M-F, then back to the joint...in an animal shelter...cleaning cages and taking care of abused, abandoned animals...otherwise
He's just another super star getting special treatment at Camp Fed

I totally detest what he has done, that said once he pays his debt he is entitled to go on with his life like any other convicted felon.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:49 PM

13,819 posts, read 25,175,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Personally I think Vick needs to be released on work furlough from 8AM-4PM each day M-F, then back to the joint...in an animal shelter...cleaning cages and taking care of abused, abandoned animals...otherwise
He's just another super star getting special treatment at Camp Fed

I totally detest what he has done, that said once he pays his debt he is entitled to go on with his life like any other convicted felon.
A co-worker of mine works in Alpharetta (Atlanta suburb). She said that people down there are sending Michael Vick jerseys to the animal shelter down there with notes to line the bottom of the dog cages with them!

Old 08-28-2007, 02:34 PM

157 posts, read 482,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Huh? You are sympathetic to someone who tortured animals - electrocuting them, hanging them, killing them? You categorize this as a stupid mistake? "Ooooops, I just put two dogs together in the same pen so they can tear each other up." "Oooooops, I just bet money on it." "OOOOOOOooooopps, I just put a noose on a dog and hung him on a tree in the backyard...." "OOoooooooopppppssss!!!!!" Please. Spare me your interpretation of a mistake. My moral compass works just fine thank you. I don't care about the celebrities you listed - too much ink is wasted on these stupid people. This behavior has been a way of life for Vick - maybe, with the threat of his career he just might change. With people like him, it takes more than a slap on the hand to get his attention. If he serves his time and is genuinely sorry... MAYBE he should get a chance to play again but that's up to the NFL.
You are absolutely right.I am an animal lover and he shouldnt had done that, all im saying is let him go to jail and do his time and hopefully he will get a second chance.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:01 PM

4,285 posts, read 14,425,422 times
It would seem that we have arrived at a concensus that Mike Vick's actions are generally despicable.

The thread is now beginning to degenerate into a name-calling contest with racial overtones, so let's move on to fresh ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football