U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2007, 10:06 PM

5 posts, read 148,180 times

Advertisements

Would the lack of a high school football program keep you from enrolling your children in that school district?

Our school doesn't have a football program and I'm trying to find out if it affects the number of people who decide to make their home in our town.

So, please give me some feedback. Would it matter to you?

Why or why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2007, 05:08 PM

634 posts, read 2,328,456 times
Although academics are my number one reason on sending my child to a school, the sports programs and fine arts programs are also a main consideration.
It is a reflection to me of how well-rounded the kids are in that school. It also helps the kids to engage in activities that allow them social experiences which is a very important part of growing up.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:13 PM

673 posts, read 2,918,994 times
Even though I have a daugther, I know how much fun it was to go to high school football games and to cheer on our team etc. It was a BLAST and it was something to do Friday nights. I went to a small school but we had an awesome football team my first two years. I wouldnt make it my main consideration but I'd take it into account. I still have the memories and the great pictures from the football games.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:13 AM

51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
It wouldn't matter that much to me unless I were trying to sell steroids to minors. ;-)

If the school has a *good* football team and an established program....you can take it to the bank that MANY of the members on the team are on some sort of illegal boost.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:02 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,722,213 times
maybe...depends on where ya live...google Texas High School Football! ! !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football