Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 04:09 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,235,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Super Bowl Rings:

1. Montana
2. Bradshaw
3. Aikman
4. Brady

5. Tie: Bart Starr, Staubach, Bob Griese, Jim Plunkett, Rothlisberger, Elway

Touchdown Passes as of 2011:

1. Brett Favre
2. Dan Marino
3. Fran Tarkenton
4. Peyton Manning
5. John Elway
The quarterbacks who played part or all of their careers before 1966, like Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Norm Van Brocklin, Otto Graham, Bobby Layne, Sammy Baugh, and Sid Luckman, would like to thank you for considering them irrelevant.

(Yeah, I know Starr is listed, but his teams won FIVE NFL titles, three of which were played before there was a Super Bowl. I think Starr and his Packers teammates still celebrated those non-Super Bowl NFL championship game wins.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 08:52 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,137,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
The quarterbacks who played part or all of their careers before 1966, like Johnny Unitas, Bart Starr, Norm Van Brocklin, Otto Graham, Bobby Layne, Sammy Baugh, and Sid Luckman, would like to thank you for considering them irrelevant.

(Yeah, I know Starr is listed, but his teams won FIVE NFL titles, three of which were played before there was a Super Bowl. I think Starr and his Packers teammates still celebrated those non-Super Bowl NFL championship game wins.)
Based on someones age, they might not include players they have never seen play. It's hard to compare someone who you have never seen to a player you have seen their whole career. Unfortunately anytime there is a top 5, top 10; it's usually from one era based on this.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:05 PM

417 posts, read 365,542 times
Aaron Rodgers has huge potential to be on this list.

Old 10-28-2011, 08:17 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,116,747 times
No top 20 list is complete without Ken Anderson

"I'm not even the best Quarterback in my division. Kenny is." - Terry Bradshaw

The Case for Ken Anderson (Forget the Stats) - NYTimes.com

Old 10-28-2011, 07:07 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,528,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
No top 20 list is complete without Ken Anderson

"I'm not even the best Quarterback in my division. Kenny is." - Terry Bradshaw

The Case for Ken Anderson (Forget the Stats) - NYTimes.com
Funny thing about Anderson is that, prior to that magical '81 season, I recall a lot of Bengals fans wanting to see him replaced.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:00 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,995,319 times
This is an article that was written in the KC Star today that makes a case that Rodgers is the best QB ever. Not so much his body of work because he obviously has a long way to go but rather that right now in this point in time he is playing better than any QB ever has at any other point in time in the NFL.

Is Aaron Rodgers the best QB ever? | Upon Further Review

Old 03-18-2020, 10:40 PM

3,726 posts, read 2,549,891 times
My subjective top 5:
Brady
Elway
Sammy Baugh
Montana
Otto Graham

Old 03-20-2020, 06:03 AM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,183 times
The young person's guide..........

Old 03-20-2020, 11:52 AM

812 posts, read 736,165 times
1. Brady - all time leader in Super Bowls, ridiculous longevity, won with a variety of skill-position players, never had a losing season.

2. Montana - 4-0 in the big one with his best moments coming in the most pressurized moments.

3. Elway - Took three teams with horrendous defenses to the Super Bowl. One of the best physical talents to ever play the position.

4. Peyton Manning - Maybe the smartest to ever play the position, changed the way teams played defense against him. Retired as all time yardage and TD leader.

5. I have a hard time picking 5th. Staubach, Marino, Baugh, Graham all in the conversation for me.

Old 03-21-2020, 05:05 PM

2,333 posts, read 1,960,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
1. Brady - all time leader in Super Bowls, ridiculous longevity, won with a variety of skill-position players, never had a losing season.

2. Montana - 4-0 in the big one with his best moments coming in the most pressurized moments.

3. Elway - Took three teams with horrendous defenses to the Super Bowl. One of the best physical talents to ever play the position.

4. Peyton Manning - Maybe the smartest to ever play the position, changed the way teams played defense against him. Retired as all time yardage and TD leader.

5. I have a hard time picking 5th. Staubach, Marino, Baugh, Graham all in the conversation for me.
This myth seems to keep being perpetuated in this thread.

I can't wrap my mind around people leaving Tarkenton, and especially Unitas off a list.

There is no way Elway makes this list!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football