U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 02:36 PM

319 posts, read 1,162,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkjetsfan74 View Post
race will always be dragged into cases like that cause its an excuse for them to use , and unfortunately sometimes it works
i know and it's totally 100% irrelevant. quick, get al sharpton involved... it just doesn't matter in this situation. but it always inevitably gets dragged into it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 02:42 PM

319 posts, read 1,162,998 times
Unhappy vegans, yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa162 View Post
In the United States, people are very fond of dogs and keep them as pets and they are a part of the family. So when something like this happens, people get all outraged over it because it hits a soft spot with them. Most people in th US are meat eaters and eat cows, pigs etc.. They couldnt care less about them as long as they have meat on their plates. If people had to slaughter animals themselves these days there would be alot more vegetarians running around. In China and other countries, they eat dogs. Its all a matter of geography. I personally am a vegan and dont eat any of that. I think its wrong to treat any animal poorly whether it be dogs,cats, mice, cattle etc..
me too and you're right - sadly not enough people think about cruelty to animals. i hope this opens more eyes to the countless injustices that are done every day to animals. one can hope...

Old 08-23-2007, 07:34 PM

325 posts, read 990,306 times
I agree that what Michael Vick did was wrong and he deserves to be punished, but the way the media is crucifying him is absurd. I am African American, but I dont see how race should be a factor in this. I really dont see the connection unless I am missing something. I think he should serve his time and move on with his career or whatever it is he wants to do. There is no question that he is a great athlete that will be an attribute to someones franchise when he has served his punishment. Someone is going to take a chance on him because he has potential to the sky. After this is all said and done no matter what team he goes to the fans in that city will be behind him 100% because thats the nature of sports especially if he is helping the team win.
I am a Micheal Vick fan. I want him to get through this learn from it and move on. End it there.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:44 PM

2,639 posts, read 2,457,468 times
I think like many on this thread; he is scum and should be punished severely. I hope he has ruined his career as we don't need more losers like him being role models for youngsters. I'm sure he'll have an easy punishment and be back on the playing field before we know it. He's sickening.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:51 PM

716 posts, read 1,524,970 times
remember the good old days when marcus was the only vick getting into trouble? by the way...anyone think marcus ever fought dogs?

hokie fans must be so proud.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:15 PM

673 posts, read 2,917,851 times
I live in Newport News, VA (Vick's hometown). I'm sick of hearing about it too, and its a constant front page headline. Every single time he takes a breath they have to write about it. The message boards have been nothing but a battle between races and its just sickening. I am glad the NFL gave him the boot today though. Then again it would be interesting to see him walk out on a field and have the fans go crazy on him.

They have some great shirts though around here:

*My Dog Hates Michael Vick*

*conVICKt*

*Have Your Vick Spayed or Neutered*

Old 08-25-2007, 06:45 AM

716 posts, read 1,524,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Girl View Post
Then again it would be interesting to see him walk out on a field and have the fans go crazy on him.
that's the problem...atlanta fans wouldn't boo him...they'd defend him just like SF Giants fans defend Bonds. people love the NFL and will look past anything. leonard little gets cheers....so does ray lewis....and the 10 bengals arrested in the past year. but then again, according to the bengals coach, his players did nothing wrong, the police was just targeting them.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:23 AM

673 posts, read 2,917,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
that's the problem...atlanta fans wouldn't boo him...they'd defend him just like SF Giants fans defend Bonds. people love the NFL and will look past anything. leonard little gets cheers....so does ray lewis....and the 10 bengals arrested in the past year. but then again, according to the bengals coach, his players did nothing wrong, the police was just targeting them.
IF for some reason he played again, I have a feeling Peta would buy out a whole section of the end zone or something...LMBO...now that would be a sight to see! Oh well we dont have to worry about it this year!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football