U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 07:24 AM

319 posts, read 1,163,134 times

Advertisements

so sick of hearing about michael vick - for many reasons... what he did was disgusting and cruel. look at his past few scandals too, geez. and to drag race into it?? are you kidding???

sorry, had to just get that off my chest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 09:14 AM

536 posts, read 1,099,331 times
race will always be dragged into cases like that cause its an excuse for them to use , and unfortunately sometimes it works

Old 08-22-2007, 10:53 AM

62 posts, read 238,854 times
As I mentioned in the other thread, I'd like to ask you to consider the hypocrisy of treating dogs differently from other mammals like cows and pigs.
Have you ever seen the slaughter of cows and pigs or the conditions of their captivity throughout their lives ?

Punishing Vick on cruel treatment of dogs would be only rational if we also punish cruel treatment of all mammals as intelligent as dogs.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:35 PM

328 posts, read 947,505 times
Default Let's end it here !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_cate View Post
so sick of hearing about michael vick - for many reasons... what he did was disgusting and cruel. look at his past few scandals too, geez. and to drag race into it?? are you kidding???
sorry, had to just get that off my chest.
ENOUGH......................I agree..................

Old 08-22-2007, 12:39 PM

7,136 posts, read 11,011,591 times
I heard they were now making dog chew toys that look like Michel Vick . . . I hope the proceeds go to help abused dogs.

As far as I'm concerned he's a sociopathic scumbag who deserves to rot in jail.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisyphus89 View Post
As I mentioned in the other thread, I'd like to ask you to consider the hypocrisy of treating dogs differently from other mammals like cows and pigs.
Have you ever seen the slaughter of cows and pigs or the conditions of their captivity throughout their lives ?

Punishing Vick on cruel treatment of dogs would be only rational if we also punish cruel treatment of all mammals as intelligent as dogs.
yes i have - that is why i'm a vegan and animal rights advocate.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:21 PM

420 posts, read 1,782,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisyphus89 View Post

In the United States, people are very fond of dogs and keep them as pets and they are a part of the family. So when something like this happens, people get all outraged over it because it hits a soft spot with them. Most people in th US are meat eaters and eat cows, pigs etc.. They couldnt care less about them as long as they have meat on their plates. If people had to slaughter animals themselves these days there would be alot more vegetarians running around. In China and other countries, they eat dogs. Its all a matter of geography. I personally am a vegan and dont eat any of that. I think its wrong to treat any animal poorly whether it be dogs,cats, mice, cattle etc..

Old 08-22-2007, 02:24 PM
tbz

2 posts, read 6,199 times
Yes, it was wrong what he did if he truly did it. However, the punishment is way to harsh; not much different from what people have been doing to bulls and other animals for years.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbz View Post
Yes, it was wrong what he did if he truly did it. However, the punishment is way to harsh; not much different from what people have been doing to bulls and other animals for years.
it's about time animal abusers get what they deserve - strict punishment. too many people get away with this crap, this is true. these are abusive crimes and need to be punished as such. it's about time. and it's not severe enough. even the strictest sentence is not even close to being severe enough. what makes this different, because they are animals? if someone did this to humans, there would be a more severe penalty...unless you're oj simpson, of course.

this is not sport. this is murder, plain and simple. go gamble in another form, but not with living beings. nothing justifies these sick acts. nothing.

i wish he were put in a pit with a bunch of them and left to be torn apart. i know it sounds cruel but what he did shows him to be a disgusting excuse of a human being. he's not sorry - he's full of s**t. he's sorry he was caught and that is all. nice role model though...i petitioned nike and others to drop him as sponsors. glad they did... what a loser.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:36 PM

420 posts, read 1,782,475 times
People who do these things to animals are really really low and are not too far from torturing humans. They have no compassion. He should be thrown in jail along with the rest of the scum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football