Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:44 AM

7,216 posts, read 11,893,092 times

Advertisements

I've always thought of Oakland as the place where old and/or tired players go to die. They will probably have sign McNabb next season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 09:50 AM

780 posts, read 1,538,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Do you think Al called for this from the grave? Maybe he did through a psychic.

Someone MUST be channeling Davis. Two first rounders for Palmer? WOW!!!!!

Old 10-18-2011, 10:01 AM

272 posts, read 207,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I've always thought of Oakland as the place where old and/or tired players go to die. They will probably have sign McNabb next season.
and the Bengals is where the felons go to hide...lol

How many SuperBowl titles do the Bengals have anyway?

Old 10-18-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Mike Brown is arguably one of the worst front-office executives in the NFL. The Raiders will make him look like a genius if this goes through...and that's not a good thing.
Or an idiot for not paying him and keeping Andy Dalton..lol

Raiders going to the playoffs, you heard it here first.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:10 AM

50,098 posts, read 46,680,078 times
LMAO

Carson Palmer Trade: Raiders Fans Have Mixed Reactions - SBNation.com

Old 10-18-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You gotta remember, he was with the BENGALS...the laughing stock of the NFL. who doesn't laugh at them each year?

He will be better in Oakland, watch.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametime View Post
You gotta remember, he was with the BENGALS...the laughing stock of the NFL. who doesn't laugh at them each year?

He will be better in Oakland, watch.
He better be because with no draft picks? It can't get any better than now.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:38 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,065,789 times
I'm a die-hard Raiders fans and there are no mixed reactions: this is a great trade for both teams.

1. He was never going to play for Cincinnati again.

2. Kyle Boller

I'm sorry, but armchair QBs posting in this thread about "Wow!! They gave up two first rounders!!" Put down the Madden controller: the Raiders have the #1 rushing offense in the N.F.L. The Raiders have one of the best groups of young WRs in the N.F.L. Quietly, DHB has 300 yards receiving and 2 TDs in the last 3 weeks. He went from a guy that couldn't catch anything to a guy that runs crisp routes with effortless speed and he's catching everything. You've got Jacoby Ford and Denarious Moore who have been nothing short of amazing as 4th and 5th round picks, and you've got Louis Murphy coming off of injury. The worry I had as a Raiders fan is NOT giving up future first round picks, it's the idea that with Kyle Boller, teams would have resolved to stacking the line in an effort to take away the run and force Boller into using his arm. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about that.

Oakland's going to come out of this thing at 6-2 by the end of their home stand and you'll have Carson Palmer at QB with two wins and a bye week under his belt to lead them through the rest of their season (and I believe, this is a playoff team)

You don't hold on to future picks at the sacrifice of a team that's this good this year. That doesn't make any sense. Is it a lot to give up? Yes. Is it the bold, necessary move that this team needed to make? With Garrard going in for surgery, YES. There's no one else on the market that's anywhere near as good.

He's the thing no one touched on: Hue Jackson (an offensive mastermind) was with Palmer at USC and in Cincinnati. There's a familiarity there that I think makes this a very intriguing fit. I love that they're giving this a try.

Go Raiders.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
He better be because with no draft picks? It can't get any better than now.
Even with no picks in the draft, another QB will not be hard to come by. QB's come a dime a dozen in the NFL and you never know what you get anyway. Remember Jamarcus Russelll? BUST

and look at all the low names starting now? Schaub, Cassell, Fitzpatrick.

I'll take my chances with a veteran that's won playoff games.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametime View Post
Even with no picks in the draft, another QB will not be hard to come by. QB's come a dime a dozen in the NFL and you never know what you get anyway. Remember Jamarcus Russelll? BUST

and
The Raiders don't protect the QB. That should be your worry. If he stays healthy he's good. If he goes down then what? Grossman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football