Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 06:35 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Call me old-fashion or whatever, but I judge a quarterback's success by the team's winning percentage and not by his completion percentage or passer rating or fantasy league tradeability.

Take Cutler or Romo as another example. They may be great qbs statistically or with win/losses over a given stretch of time. But do they choke and even want to disappear when the big game doesn't go their way?

To Sanchez's credit, he took the heat... all of it. I'm sure Tebow will shoulder the blame when/if he chokes or when his team loses the big game.

Cutler might turn up with a limp and Romo will fumble the snap. It's a tough league and there's a only one "winner".

Look at the Broncos' last 5 or 6 minutes in every game except for the Lions game and since the Charger game. There's hope there... a team that's no longer getting bullied and making games exciting. Mile High Stadium brought in 71 thousand plus. Do you blame Fox or starting the guy? Or would it be better to have Orton, obscurity, and no praying?

Everybody likes to put blame on Sanchez right now. But how good is that Jets' running game right now?
Each game is a team effort, haters like to blame individuals but a 3 or 4 interception game and maybe it would be valid. I'll compare what I see so far. Sanchez was hyped coming out of college but not like Tebow. The Jets were waiting for a savior and they thought this kid could be it. Right now he is average but he could be better eventually. I do not see him becoming a talent like Brady, Peyton M , or even Big Ben but some teams don't need that if they have a well balance attack or a solid defense. Look at the Bears teams a few years back when Rex Grossman was at the helm. I always thought he was horrible but their defense carried them. Trent Dilfer anyone? I personally don't blame the Broncos for switching QB's. I also thought Orton was blatantly mediocre but had some good results here and there over the years but his time might be done. Brady Quinn might also be a guy who was over hyped but he played for a team previously that didn't give him a chance with that horrible OL. Having Elway upstairs can definitely help but he would benefit more with a guy like that on the sidelines. Orton is no Elway! I do make the comparison of Tebow to Kordell because I do see the writing on the wall. Neil O'Donnell was our QB and he was decent but by no means a star. Kordell would come in on 3rd downs all full of life and would spark the offense. Eventually they let Neil go and Kordell became the starter. The only problem was that eventually everyone caught on that he was a run first guy who could throw the ball far but he wasn't a great passer or very accurate by any means. A couple of years and he was gone. Now hopefully you'll understand my point of view. You think that i'm just a hater but you're wrong. Tebow right now is walking the same path. He's not throwing for 200 yards, he's not throwing anywhere near 50%. This is why I think Sanchez has better potential. At least guys like Steve Young and Randall Cunningham weren't afraid to throw the ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 07:41 AM

366 posts, read 774,976 times
Default The "kid" lacks maturity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
Each game is a team effort, haters like to blame individuals but a 3 or 4 interception game and maybe it would be valid. I'll compare what I see so far. Sanchez was hyped coming out of college but not like Tebow. The Jets were waiting for a savior and they thought this kid could be it. Right now he is average but he could be better eventually. I do not see him becoming a talent like Brady, Peyton M , or even Big Ben but some teams don't need that if they have a well balance attack or a solid defense. Look at the Bears teams a few years back when Rex Grossman was at the helm. I always thought he was horrible but their defense carried them. Trent Dilfer anyone? I personally don't blame the Broncos for switching QB's. I also thought Orton was blatantly mediocre but had some good results here and there over the years but his time might be done. Brady Quinn might also be a guy who was over hyped but he played for a team previously that didn't give him a chance with that horrible OL. Having Elway upstairs can definitely help but he would benefit more with a guy like that on the sidelines. Orton is no Elway! I do make the comparison of Tebow to Kordell because I do see the writing on the wall. Neil O'Donnell was our QB and he was decent but by no means a star. Kordell would come in on 3rd downs all full of life and would spark the offense. Eventually they let Neil go and Kordell became the starter. The only problem was that eventually everyone caught on that he was a run first guy who could throw the ball far but he wasn't a great passer or very accurate by any means. A couple of years and he was gone. Now hopefully you'll understand my point of view. You think that i'm just a hater but you're wrong. Tebow right now is walking the same path. He's not throwing for 200 yards, he's not throwing anywhere near 50%. This is why I think Sanchez has better potential. At least guys like Steve Young and Randall Cunningham weren't afraid to throw the ball.
Unfortunately, Mark Sanchez is still a "kid," and the Jets placed a huge responsibility on him to be the team leader when he was selected by them during the 2009 draft. Only elite college QBs can step into the starting pro QB position with a measurable degree of success: think Elway, Marino, Peyton Manning. However, most other college QBs entering the NFL take at least 3 years to mature and become team leaders. Sanchez was not an elite college QB at USC, and people forget it's only his third year in the NFL. He's still developing.

Is he as bad as his recent performances suggest he is? Very unlikely, because the Jets offensive line is pathetic. No, I take that back: they have been putrid in their performance this year. Furthermore, the offensive coordinator, Brian Schottenheimer, deserves some of the blame for Sanchez's failures. Another factor that I would contribute to Sanchez's poor performance would be the shorten preseason. There are a lot of guys in the NFL today, who are not in the condition, and I think Sanchez can be placed in that category. He is not as quick in the pocket as he was during the previous two seasons.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:19 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I didn't think I would ever see a worse starting QB than Tarvaris Jackson in the NFL but Sanchez definitely takes the cake. He sucks.

Old 11-25-2011, 08:39 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
lol

Old 11-28-2011, 07:23 AM

218 posts, read 244,625 times
Thank you Sanchez for that 4 TDs lol. 9-3 in my fantasy now lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football