Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 05:07 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Nov. 29 (UPI) -- A knock-down brawl between two 73-year-old Canadian Football League veterans at a luncheon is rivaling talk about the 99th Grey Cup game they were promoting.

In the run-up to Sunday's national championship between the host British Columbia Lions in Vancouver and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, the CFL held a luncheon for past players.

Read more: 48-year-old football feud still headlines - UPI.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 05:55 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,606,903 times
Here's the youtube clip. It's pretty dang funny.

Old Man fight - Joe Kapp - Angelo Mosca - YouTube

The one dude had a "peace" offering and the other guy told him to shove it up his ass. Then it was on! LMAO. These freakin guys!

Old 11-29-2011, 06:18 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
I saw it on the news. Totally unexpected & funny.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:23 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times
I never get tired of watching that... Joe Kapp is my hero!!!

Old 11-29-2011, 06:45 PM

18,217 posts, read 25,857,597 times
A little info here regarding the two.

Living in the Denver area, our independent TV station carried CFL games for years in the late 60's to mid 70's. The CFL started their season a few months before the NFL started theirs. The club I followed back then was the Calgary Stampeders.

Angela Mosca was a 15 year defensive tackle CFL veteran, and played with Hamilton, Ottowa, Montreal, and then back to Hamilton. Though he was a 5 time CFL All Star, he had that "Ben Davidson" reputation about him. (Oakland Raider fans certainly could fill in the newbies regarding HIM).

And for people who aren't familiar with Kapp, he was quarterback for the British Columbia Lions for several years before signing with Minnesota. Bud Grant brought him there and Grant was a former CFL coach himself. Rest assured the two players exchanged pleasantries on a regular basis. The CFL is an 8 team league and if memory serves they played a 14 game schedule so each club had a home and away game amongst them. After Kapp left the NFL after 1970, he got involved in acting for a time and I believe he was the University of California's head coach in that famous Stanford/California "the band is out on the field" game in 1982.

Angelo Mosca on the other hand became a WWF broadcaster and I believe he later managed his sons wrestling career. Plus he had his own wrestling career himself, billing himself as "King Kong" Mosca. It seems a little bit of acting was in his blood as well! lol

The reason for the dinner the two attended was the Grey Cup Championship was held Sunday and from what I remember there is a certain amount of partying, banquets, etc., honoring past CFL all-stars. BC won the Grey Cup Championship btw.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:29 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Kapp was/is one of a kind and us long-time Viking fans know that he was the QB that led us to respectability in the late 60's and unfortunately became the league's first free-agent soon after.

Kapp reportedly had an after-hours fight with Linebacker Lonnie Warick in those early years in where each of the two were insisting on taking the blame for a recent loss which led to somebody's garden being destroyed.

I also remember after the '69 season, Kapp got up at the awards banquet to receive the team MVP and snarled, "there ain't no MVP and their ain't no Santy Claus or Easter Bunny neither"

This wasn't first throwdown for Joe Kapp | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers)

Joe Kapp's Cal Bears beat Stanford as time and the Standford Band run out...

The Play: Bears Attack the Band - YouTube

Old 11-29-2011, 08:49 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
fight's aftermath here, Kapp tells a touching story of Willie Flemming (player that Moscone allegedly injured) naming his dog after Angelo...

Angelo Mosca and Joe Kapp Fist Fight - Complete Video - Unedited - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football