Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 01:43 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,847,756 times

Advertisements

I'm happy that he's getting alot of interest/offers...I think Denver thought they'd have a problem unloading him since they think he's no good...haha.

Anyway, it's only been one day and Tebow is already dominating the sports news and Manning is already yesterday's news. Although I'm shocked at the Sean Peyton news...WOW, the Saints got clobbered. NFL is dominating the news over the NBA, NCAA basketball, MLB and does anyone dare say hockey Gotta love it!

Old 03-21-2012, 02:45 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
After word spread rapidly Wednesday that the New York Jets had acquired quarterback Tim Tebow from Denver for draft picks, the teams have encountered a hang-up in the language in Tebow's contract that could nullify the trade, a Broncos source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
In Tebow's contract is a $6.2 million salary advance, of which $1.2 million already has been paid by Denver, sources told Schefter. The difference of $5 million is still advanced against his future salary, and that burden would shift to the Jets in a trade. The Jets, sources said, believe the Broncos should owe Tebow that money.
The trade, then, will not be finalized until the sides resolve their differences over which should pay the money coming to Tebow.
The teams agreed to the terms of the trade -- the Jets dealt fourth-round and sixth-round selections in 2012 in exchange for Tebow and a 2012 seventh-rounder from Denver -- before the Broncos asked New York to pay back a portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow, sources told Schefter.
One league source said he believes the Broncos-Jets trade will go through. Sources also said that, if the trade falls apart, the St. Louis Rams could be in play for Tebow because the Rams do not have issues with Tebow's contract that New York does.
The same money issues in Tebow's contract also caused complications for Jacksonville trying to complete a trade for Tebow earlier, sources told Schefter.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:19 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,847,756 times
Just my opinion, but as far as NFL QB's go these days, you have the super-elite really great ones and then everybody else. Most of those are mediocre at best. Some of these guys just keep getting circulated round and round between teams and still getting paid big money.

Old 03-21-2012, 05:05 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,791 times
I think he will go to Jacksonville. Seems like the Jets don't want to give the Broncos 5 million. So Jacksonville is still calling.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:52 PM

After a trade that would have sent the Broncos quarterback to the New York Jets hit a contract-related snag Wednesday afternoon, a league source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Tebow can choose whether Denver deals the former Heisman Trophy winner to his hometown Jaguars or to Rex Ryan's Jets.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:58 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,487,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
After a trade that would have sent the Broncos quarterback to the New York Jets hit a contract-related snag Wednesday afternoon, a league source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Tebow can choose whether Denver deals the former Heisman Trophy winner to his hometown Jaguars or to Rex Ryan's Jets.
lol I dont doubt the credibility of your post, but it's so ridiculous to me. Weird contract snafu = player getting to choose his landing spot.

If this is true, I think he would choose to go to the Jags. Tebow+NYC+The players on that team+Rex Ryan = disaster.

Old 03-21-2012, 06:59 PM

Looks like no one wants to pay the Broncos the 5 million they are asking for.

The Broncos are reportedly attempting to recoup $5 million as part of the deal. NFL Network's Jeff Darlington reports that other teams were unwilling to trade for Tebow because of this wrinkle in his contract. The Jets, unlike those teams, were unaware of this issue. NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora later reported that no official papers had been filed with the league.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:07 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,616,693 times
Packers were supposedly interested but TT has tightest pockets in the NFL so pretty sure it couldn't happen. Oddly enough he and McCarthy liked Tim when he was coming out of college.

The contract issue makes the Jets look pretty silly for not doing due dilligence. I agree the whole situation, locker room continuity (or lack of), Rex and his mouth, New York fans, Sanchez (have to feel sorry for that guy) accident waiting for a place to happen.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:15 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,650,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Tebow could not have drawn a worse hand. Media pressure, not an open competition, ruthless fans, loudmouth overrated coach, Questionable talent around him. Trainwreck.
Agree it really stinks for Tim!

Old 03-21-2012, 07:18 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,629,182 times
Its now a done deal. Tim is going to the Jets. Denver and NY are going to split the five million that was in dispute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football