Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 05:59 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I sincerely hope that if Tebow starts losing games, that doesnt mean that somehow the devil is watching football games...

LOL...

Congrats to Tebow and Good luck to him in the future! Not a fan of Tebow specifically but he's doing well with his opportunity.

I just hope the Tebow lovers are not building him up just to tear him down?

Old 12-11-2011, 06:04 PM

393 posts, read 652,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Jesus is real - but I won't argue that point. And you are right that these games do not define Him.

But it's getting people thinking about it. You got the coach thanking the Lord in the press conference.

Putting in perspective, I am not staking the existence of Christ to whether or not the Broncos win the SB. But the way the events unfold - it's making some people think.
And that's the big picture! Getting people to think. This was once a great Christian Nation and now not so much, and the people who are Christians, are to a certain point hesitant to display their love of God openly. Tebow is showing them that they can be proud to be a Christian again. Its all good!

Old 12-11-2011, 06:20 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,931,864 times
I can't stand Tim Tebow or anybody else that spews religion constantly. I'm always suspicious of that type. Anybody is free to believe in whatever nonsense they want, God, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy etc. But don't go blabbing it to the masses. Keep it to yourself unless asked about it.

Instead of thanking his Lord and Savior, he should have thanked his kicker.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I can't stand Tim Tebow or anybody else that spews religion constantly. I'm always suspicious of that type. Anybody is free to believe in whatever nonsense they want, God, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy etc. But don't go blabbing it to the masses. Keep it to yourself unless asked about it.

Instead of thanking his Lord and Savior, he should have thanked his kicker.
And you are completely free to express your opinion. However its strange that when someone with a different opinion than your expresses his, well he should keep his mouth shut. That's very tolerant of you. Kinda reminds me of the Democratic party in general these days. Keep on exposing yourselves for the oppression of ideas and religion so ingrained in the liberal mindset today.
God Bless You and have a Merry Christmas!

Old 12-11-2011, 06:27 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,774,863 times
Most of the hate towards Tebow is because of the analysts and announcers who continue to sniff his jock and praising him as the second coming of Elway instead of crediting the defense and recognizing the subpar competition that Denverr is racking wins against. What happened today was Chicago (minus their starting QB) lost this game at the end with poor clock management and a fumble...Denver capitalized with a long field goal in OT. Tebow had little to do with this "win".

As to his religion, those in the media criticizing his praise of Jesus wouldn't. Dare utter a peep of criticism if he was praising Allah. Cowardly hypocrites.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:31 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,209,389 times
I think Tebow is a class act.

Whether he can become a great NFL quarterback remains to be seen.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:37 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,723,992 times
I can't deny it any longer there is something about Tebow that is exhuming success for the Broncos. I don't think God cares who wins football games but there is some favor around the Broncos right now. Tebow hasn't done it by himself but he is a catalyst for wins apparently.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:38 PM

17,991 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I sincerely hope that if Tebow starts losing games, that doesnt mean that somehow the devil is watching football games...

I sincerely enjoy your snarky comments about Tebow, God and the devil week after week and what if he loses... and he and the Broncos keep winning... week after week.

Maybe next week!

Anyway... it's not Tebow's fault that good things happen to him and bad things happen elsewhere on the globe. It's not that good things happen here and there. It's about what you do when you DO stumble. Our troubles are basically of our own making... saving for Mother Nature once in a while.

God does not punish. People DO understand that I hope. Let's say that the existence of God, Santa Claus, and the Tooth Fairy were all on the same plane of existence. The folks who put faith in them and get a result... is that not what makes it real?

Coolhand88, if Tebow was praising allah, folks like you and the media wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Hypocrite that.

Last edited by McGowdog; 12-11-2011 at 06:48 PM..

Old 12-11-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Most of the hate towards Tebow is because of the analysts and announcers who continue to sniff his jock and praising him as the second coming of Elway instead of crediting the defense and recognizing the subpar competition that Denverr is racking wins against. What happened today was Chicago (minus their starting QB) lost this game at the end with poor clock management and a fumble...Denver capitalized with a long field goal in OT. Tebow had little to do with this "win".

As to his religion, those in the media criticizing his praise of Jesus wouldn't. Dare utter a peep of criticism if he was praising Allah. Cowardly hypocrites.
Actually from what I have read and watched on the sports networks the opinions about Tebow are split about 50/50 for and against. There are some who do praise him and others who are severely anti Tebow.
Examples Skip Bayless pro Tebow, Stephen A Smith Anti Tebow. Its all over the place.
Also you have to play your opponent no matter how bad or good they are including injuries. Chicago has a great defense and today they were beaten by a defense I consider to be playing just as good, and a QB who refuses to surrender. This kind of attitude is rare in the NFL today as I would bet you would agree. Greed is the norm there and Tebow brings a new dimension to TEAM play.
I agree that if he were a Muslim there would be NO negative talk about him for fear of offending Islam, that religion of tolerance we all know about. However since he is a Christian he is fair game. Christians know we are fair game in this new day in a morally corrupt America but we are not afraid to show it. This kid just happens to have the national stage. Lets not blame Tebow for his faith. Maybe we should look inward to see just what makes someone hate this man. That's a sad look at the American psyche today.

Old 12-11-2011, 06:46 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,931,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes59 View Post
And you are completely free to express your opinion. However its strange that when someone with a different opinion than your expresses his, well he should keep his mouth shut. That's very tolerant of you. Kinda reminds me of the Democratic party in general these days. Keep on exposing yourselves for the oppression of ideas and religion so ingrained in the liberal mindset today.
God Bless You and have a Merry Christmas!
I'm not spewing my opinion on National TV during a football game (obviously sports and religion have nothing to do with one another). I am responding to the topic at hand here. I certainly didn't go start a thread about this.

I don't need God to bless me, I'm blessed enough by real things here on earth. But thank you anyway and Happy Holidays to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football