Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2013, 08:55 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,914,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I agree, I doubt Brady is going anywhere and he is still one helluva a quarterback with a nasty killer instinct. I love Tebow going to the Pats, if there is one coach in the NFL who will properly use Tebow and his talents it's Bill Belichick and his coaching staff.
This ^^^^

With Belichick's coaching, Tebow might become a pretty good player.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:38 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,462,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I've never understood why Tebow just can't play football, and do his praying at his church. I can't imagine going to work, and kneeling in front of everyone and start praying. I would be called into the supervisors or Human Resources, and I think it would be that way in most jobs. Especially if I found myself with a reputation for being verbal with my viewpoints.
With that said. If the Patriots decided to take Tebow on that's fine with me.
Because he has freedom OF religion that gives him that right to pray in public if he so chooses. I would rather see a man humbly kneel and thank his Lord for giving him the ability to play sports rather than some of these thug players giving the fans a one finger salute - which I have seen quite often in sports.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:04 AM

14,321 posts, read 14,611,366 times
If the Patriots want to give him a shot, good for them. I just hope the hype is kept to a minimum and they keep a lid on the endless reports. I don't mind Tebow just the endless conversations in the media and on TV. All this conversation for an average player at best.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:07 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
I'm glad Tebow is still in the NFL..as a Bronco fan..well I just wished it wasn't the Pats. But maybe someone can mold him into the quarterback he can be.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:37 AM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
God help. Between ESPN's EXCESSIVE cult following of the backup, to the topic after topic of Tebow talk on First Take, to Tebow proselytizing everyone in sight, I am not looking forward to this offseason, now.
David makes a good point here. My opinion of ESPN regarding Skip Bayless and Steven A. Smith has been pretty well documented on this forum. With NFL news taking a back seat (for a little while) it's going to get back to arm waving and shouting and the whole nine yards afterwards by these two guys. Which is too bad. Which is why the NFL Channel serves me well.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:41 AM

933 posts, read 1,477,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
David makes a good point here. My opinion of ESPN regarding Skip Bayless and Steven A. Smith has been pretty well documented on this forum. With NFL news taking a back seat (for a little while) it's going to get back to arm waving and shouting and the whole nine yards afterwards by these two guys. Which is too bad. Which is why the NFL Channel serves me well.
I said backup, but I actually meant THIRD string. All of this coverage for a THIRD string quarterback! Think about it, everyone!

Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times
Tebow is not being brought in to garner attention, like the Jets did last year. He is also not being brought in to back up Brady, the Patriots already possess a solid back up with Mallet.

It's going to be very interesting to see what they do with Tim. This may be an ideal situation for him since he's not going to be counted on to produce big numbers and he will be able to relax a little in the sense that he's not being counted on to produce.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:41 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
I look for him to be turned into a TE or RB.

The gears in Belichick's brain are always turning.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:45 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,877,226 times
I could give a rat's rear end about Tebow's religious proclivities. The guy and his brothers could stage a mock crucifixion in the end zone every time he scores a touchdown for all I care.

What bothers me about Tebow is his absolutely horrid QB play. Folks who only remember "Tebow Time" are forgetting the 55 minutes where Tebow stumbled around the field like a sandlot QB going 3-and-out constantly and barely crossing mid-field. They're also forgetting that he came within minutes of being the only QB in Bronco history to be shut out at home.

A win may be a win but when you play slopyard football like the Broncos did you're putting undue pressure on the defense and special teams and any breakdown in either of those areas will result in catastrophe (see Tebow's "miraculous" 1-4 finish).

He's going into his 4th year as a pro and still has inferior skills to many college underclassmen. So what if they've worked on his footwork. Most of his completions are on busted plays because he can't throw a timing route with any reliability whatsoever. Have they worked on that at all?

What about his inability to read a defense or his ungodly slow reaction time when going through his progressions?

Can he take a snap from under center without dropping or mishandling the ball 1/4 of the time?

Yeah, Tim's a great character guy and a devout Christian, but he's also a terrible NFL QB. It's possible to be all 3, and criticizing him for his lack of passing ability has nothing to do with his character or his religious beliefs.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:55 AM

808 posts, read 1,877,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
He's going into his 4th year as a pro and still has inferior skills to many college underclassmen. So what if they've worked on his footwork. Most of his completions are on busted plays because he can't throw a timing route with any reliability whatsoever. Have they worked on that at all?

What about his inability to read a defense or his ungodly slow reaction time when going through his progressions?
I've wondered about this too. The media talks so much about Tebow's intangibles such as his work ethic, but if Tebow works so hard why are his mechanics still such a mess?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football