Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2012, 06:55 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,160,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Right here - since I started the thread. And what you say is still the case about him reaching people.

He had a good string of wins, but he will have to improve. The thing is, those wins bought him some time to get better.

One thing about God is that you may have a string of blessings for a time, but you cannot stay the same and expect the blessings to continue. God wants growth in us also. Hopefully Tebow will improve.
Man , God has some racket going! If things go well give credit and thanks to the almighty. But if things go bad..its a test!

hahah

Its a no lose !!

Old 01-02-2012, 06:56 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,060 times
I'm not religous at all and I'm pulling for Tebow, who doesn't want a seemingly good person to do well, unless they're a Cowboy but other than that I hope he really works on being an NFL QB in the offseason after the playoffs because if the option worked in the NFL everyone would run it. I'm not sure if his accuracy problem can be fixed but he's got to get above at least 55% completion percentage to be succesful in a passing league.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:03 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I'm not religous at all and I'm pulling for Tebow, who doesn't want a seemingly good person to do well, unless they're a Cowboy but other than that I hope he really works on being an NFL QB in the offseason after the playoffs because if the option worked in the NFL everyone would run it. I'm not sure if his accuracy problem can be fixed but he's got to get above at least 55% completion percentage to be succesful in a passing league.
I have no problem with a seemingly good person doing well. I have a problem with a person the media talks about 24/7 doing well. My disdain for Tebow is the amount of coverage he receives considering his lack of QB skills. He basically has rabid fans who helped bully Kyle Orton to the bench and out of town. I hope he loses so I don't have to hear about him all postseason.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:22 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,454,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I have no problem with a seemingly good person doing well. I have a problem with a person the media talks about 24/7 doing well. My disdain for Tebow is the amount of coverage he receives considering his lack of QB skills. He basically has rabid fans who helped bully Kyle Orton to the bench and out of town. I hope he loses so I don't have to hear about him all postseason.
This sums it up about how I feel, the amount of coverage Tebow receives is just ridiculous for an average QB. But then again, its bringing a good image to all the young people but I personally don't care for it. If the media get off his nuts, then maybe alot more people will be postive towards him and he may even improve his own game.

Old 01-02-2012, 09:13 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,139,299 times
Tebow should correctly state that God does not accept mediocrity therefore his 8-8 team will not compete in the playoffs.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:20 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Man , God has some racket going! If things go well give credit and thanks to the almighty. But if things go bad..its a test!

hahah

Its a no lose !!
Racket? God is God. He doesn't need to have a racket.

What do you want me to say - Tebow has been drinking and out at strip clubs - that's why he threw a bunch of INTs and has been fumbling the ball?

I didn't say anything about a test. I said he needs to improve.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:23 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
This sums it up about how I feel, the amount of coverage Tebow receives is just ridiculous for an average QB. But then again, its bringing a good image to all the young people but I personally don't care for it. If the media get off his nuts, then maybe alot more people will be postive towards him and he may even improve his own game.
I agree that this is more of a media coverage issue, than Tebow himself. Tebow will be Tebow regardless of whether a camera is in the same room.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:58 PM

366 posts, read 774,917 times
Default Tebow has to learn how to QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I agree that ...Tebow will be Tebow regardless of whether a camera is in the same room.
If Tebow remains as he is, a NFL QB who can't throw accurately, his pro career will be coming to a close very soon.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:06 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,177 times
I think Tebow needs a lot of work and refining. He has a great potential tutor in Elway.

Tebow has a lot of the physical attributes---big and strong, can move pretty well, and has a decent arm.

He needs a lot of attention and work----he also may need another receiver or two who can gain a little seperation. Watching the last couple Bronco games, there were very few times that any of their receivers got open.

If he is to progress, the coaching staff has to have some confidence in him----the last couple of game plans have been extremely conservative, almost to the point of placing a horse collar around his neck.

The Broncos need to either draft another qb, or sign a free agent as a plan b backout plan. I do think that with some more game experience, working with a good teacher, and some confidence shown by management, that Tebow still has a reasonable shot at it.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:47 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
I think Tebow needs a lot of work and refining. He has a great potential tutor in Elway.

Tebow has a lot of the physical attributes---big and strong, can move pretty well, and has a decent arm.

He needs a lot of attention and work----he also may need another receiver or two who can gain a little seperation. Watching the last couple Bronco games, there were very few times that any of their receivers got open.

If he is to progress, the coaching staff has to have some confidence in him----the last couple of game plans have been extremely conservative, almost to the point of placing a horse collar around his neck.

The Broncos need to either draft another qb, or sign a free agent as a plan b backout plan. I do think that with some more game experience, working with a good teacher, and some confidence shown by management, that Tebow still has a reasonable shot at it.
I'm not sold on Tebow at all.

You have to be able to hit a receiver in stride consistently. He has not proven he can do that. He's really good at hitting a receiver who's sitting there waiting for the ball to arrive, but that's sandlot football 101, and that won't work in the NFL.

He also has very little control over his passes, and I'm not referring to accuracy alone. He seems to have almost no touch whatsoever. Tebow has one pass - a lob that sometimes resembles a whiffle ball being chucked into a 90mph headwind. It's like a pitcher with a 1-pitch repertoire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football