Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2012, 01:00 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times

Advertisements

McGowdog: I am so very sorry to read about your cat. Regardless of whether or not we agree about Tebow, that is just awful. I've lost three or four cats to cancers over the years. If you haven't already, post on the Pets thread under 'Cats'.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:59 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,385,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Thanks Tam. We'll enjoy every month, year, day, minute, second of him. Hear we can get him a local for tooth pain... but if my wife sees him suffering too much, it's to her to make the decision. She has been with me for about 13 years and with him for about 14... which makes him about 17+ years old as she adopted him at about 3. He was found pillaging food from a garbage can when the animal shelter folks found him and he was so sick he was almost totally bald. She raised him to this...

Here's a pic of him two years ago;

May Tim Tebow and the Broncos have a nice offseason and enjoy the rest of the playoffs.
Looks like my cat.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:01 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Tebow named starter for 2012.

Tebow has earned starting status in 2012 (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_TEBOWS_FUTURE?SITE=NCAGW&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE =DEFAULT - broken link)

Old 01-16-2012, 07:30 PM

3,125 posts, read 5,047,057 times
Default Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Tebow named starter for 2012.

Tebow has earned starting status in 2012 (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_TEBOWS_FUTURE?SITE=NCAGW&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE =DEFAULT - broken link)
Yippie! I can't wait to see him and the Broncos next year. (I thought I'd never say that about football.)

Old 01-19-2012, 12:44 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,127,403 times
I wish Tebow would still speak on any subject every day . Ed Reed and the Ravens are the kind of players that make me turn off Football .

With all the Tebow talk missing there is plenty of airtime for the thugs to trash talk.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
I wish Tebow would still speak on any subject every day . Ed Reed and the Ravens are the kind of players that make me turn off Football .

With all the Tebow talk missing there is plenty of airtime for the thugs to trash talk.
True enough. Tebow is a rare "good guy" in the world of pro sports today. I really do wish him all the best and pray he can prove the naysayers wrong and win a title. I'm a Vikings guy but I would root for that.

Old 01-23-2012, 02:55 PM

570 posts, read 580,809 times
asking 111 NFL players from 31 teams “Who is the most overrated player in the NFL?”
The answer: Broncos QB Tim Tebow.
Tebow got 22 votes, beating out Cowboys QB Tony Romo by one vote. Mark Sanchez was third with nine votes.
The results:

Tim Tebow … 22
Tony Romo … 21
Mark Sanchez … 9
Ndamukong Suh … 6
Chris Johnson … 5
Chad Ochocinco … 5
Tom Brady … 3
Kevin Kolb … 3
Philip Rivers … 3
Darnell Dockett … 2
Maurice Jones-Drew … 2
DeAngelo Hall … 2
Eli Manning … 2
Brandon Marshall … 2
Darrelle Revis … 2
Bart Scott … 2
Brian Urlacher … 2

Old 01-23-2012, 02:56 PM

570 posts, read 580,809 times
<Mod Cut, Baiting>
Tebow has been part of a wild rage over a player who sadly isn't even mediocre. While he is a likable guy to many, he is not a good QB.
Its worth noting, that in training camp Tim Tebow was worse than undrafted Minnesota QB Adam Weber. As someone who watched a fair amount of Weber's college career, this is pretty sad. Its reasonable to deduce that had Tebow not have had a 1st round contract, he would've been cut. Being a worse quarterback than Brady Quinn and Adam Weber is not a ticket to NFL success.
While its never been explicitly stated, Tebow was only given an opportunity in Denver to prove he couldn't play and for Denver to move on. While Tebow has done that, Denver has won games due to their defense. Its clear John Elway wanted to give Tebow a chance to prove to his diehard fans that he wasn't an NFL QB, lose a bunch of games, and get a real NFL QB as part of a rebuilding process. Unfortunately for Elway, the front office and John Fox improved the Bronco defense too quickly and they won too many games.
Its also logical to assume that Tebow could improve as time goes on, as many young players do. Tebow only once this year completed more than 50% of his passes, which might be impressive sixty years ago but is flat out atrocious today. In his final three regular season games, he completed only 30 of 73 passes for 1 touchdown and 4 interceptions. Pretty. Damn. Bad. He averaged 6.38 yards per attempt, which was even worse than soon-to-be-jobless Mark Sanchez and sudden draft flop Josh Freeman. It was also significantly worse than quarterbacking legends Tavaris Jackson and Rex Grossman. He also led the Broncos to the 31st passing offense in the entire league.
Tebow did have a few big plays against Pittsburgh. While many continue to tout that Pittsburgh passing defense as #1 in the league, they were down three different starters right away. This was not the #1 passing defense in the league. For anyone actually watching the game, the Steelers played eight in the box on every play except for obvious passing downs. On those downs, Tebow struggled mightily. <Mod cut, baiting>

Last edited by Orangeish; 01-23-2012 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: Stats are good, but attacking tebow supporters is considered baiting/trolling

Old 01-28-2012, 02:50 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Word is that Tebow rebuffed both Katy Perry's parents (trying to set him up with Katy herself) and Kim Kardashian.

I sorta' went from "Meh." to all this to his side now.

I see nothing worthwhile from either of those fine examples of trash, but I'd bet I was in the minority...

http://www.celebitchy.com/205037/kim...e_said_no_way/

P.S. Just because I can declare it, anyone who admits to watching UM Gophers football willingly is a brave soul, to put it nicely.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Word is that Tebow rebuffed both Katy Perry's parents (trying to set him up with Katy herself) and Kim Kardashian.

I sorta' went from "Meh." to all this to his side now.

I see nothing worthwhile from either of those fine examples of trash, but I'd bet I was in the minority...

http://www.celebitchy.com/205037/kim...e_said_no_way/

P.S. Just because I can declare it, anyone who admits to watching UM Gophers football willingly is a brave soul, to put it nicely
Wait...what??! Who said they watch the Gophers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football