Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2013, 02:37 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I would be absolutely stunned if Tebow is picked up by another team after being on 3 teams in the past 2 years.

Broncos
Jets
Pats

Shouldn't his NFL career be over?
I actually think he would fit in a read option scheme like the Eagles. He is big enough to absorb the hits. You just run 80% of the time he is in there with a bunch of misdirection plays.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:29 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I actually think he would fit in a read option scheme like the Eagles. He is big enough to absorb the hits. You just run 80% of the time he is in there with a bunch of misdirection plays.
But he's also a bit on the fragile side. He broke ribs in 2011 and 2012.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:17 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
I'm a Christian as well as Tebow. I would like to see Him succeed.

It bugs me that he hasn't gotten any better the last couple of years. I hope it's not the mindset that he is who he is, he doesn't have to change... God will provide an opportunity.

He has to change his feet. Decision making needs to be better. Don't make jump passes drifting backwards. Hopefully he gets it - and fast. His resume' is building and it's not good.
I remember hearing it predicted while he was still at Fl. he would never make it as a QB. Either they play him somewhere else or he needs to find another career. I admire his strong beliefs, I think he can be an inspiration to others, but I am not sure it will should be in football.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:54 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
Ohhhh-kay...

Tim Tebow offered contract by Kiss’s Arena League team | For The Win

Old 09-10-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Someone quick tell him the rumor about KISS being an acronym for Knights in Satan's Service.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:12 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post

Hopefully he takes advantage of it

Old 12-30-2013, 03:32 PM

He's back...

Tim Tebow joins ESPN as SEC Network football analyst

Tebow signed a three-year agreement with ESPN to be a college football analyst for the SEC Network, according to CBSSports.com. Per CBS, Tebow will be working primarily with ESPN's traveling pregame show "SEC Nation" beginning on Aug. 28, 2014.

Tebow will debut on the network during ESPN's coverage of the 2014 BCS National Championship between Florida State and Auburn next week.

...apparently there is an "out" clause in case he gets a call from the NFL.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
He's back...

Tim Tebow joins ESPN as SEC Network football analyst

Tebow signed a three-year agreement with ESPN to be a college football analyst for the SEC Network, according to CBSSports.com. Per CBS, Tebow will be working primarily with ESPN's traveling pregame show "SEC Nation" beginning on Aug. 28, 2014.

Tebow will debut on the network during ESPN's coverage of the 2014 BCS National Championship between Florida State and Auburn next week.

...apparently there is an "out" clause in case he gets a call from the NFL.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if he's not working with a vocal coach as of yesterday his on-air delivery is gonna make even the worst color commentator you've ever heard sound like Don LaFontaine (in a world....).

I played radio for almost 15 years and I can tell you Tebow's voice is like fingernails on a blackboard to me. Tim doesn't speak with any authority. He has two huge crutches - he uses "uhhh" or "um" after almost every sentence, and he sprinkles in bits of nervous laughter here and there. Last, but not least, he's got this flowery, sing-songy voice that reminds me of Ashton Kutcher's character in "Dude, Where's My Car?" That's great for a stupid 2-hour movie but it'll get tiresome really fast during a game broadcast.

He can certainly overcome these warts easier than he can learn to play football at the NFL level, but it's going to take work. If they simply throw a lavalier mic on him and let him go to town it's gonna be a train wreck.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again - if he's not working with a vocal coach as of yesterday his on-air delivery is gonna make even the worst color commentator you've ever heard sound like Don LaFontaine (in a world....).

I played radio for almost 15 years and I can tell you Tebow's voice is like fingernails on a blackboard to me. Tim doesn't speak with any authority. He has two huge crutches - he uses "uhhh" or "um" after almost every sentence, and he sprinkles in bits of nervous laughter here and there. Last, but not least, he's got this flowery, sing-songy voice that reminds me of Ashton Kutcher's character in "Dude, Where's My Car?" That's great for a stupid 2-hour movie but it'll get tiresome really fast during a game broadcast.

He can certainly overcome these warts easier than he can learn to play football at the NFL level, but it's going to take work. If they simply throw a lavalier mic on him and let him go to town it's gonna be a train wreck.
Really? I was a broadcast engineer for a network of stations a while back,.. did some on air stuff in a backup capacity also.

You are right about his past appearances, but he wasn't a "broadcaster". He will be now - so you are right - he will need to clean up some of his speaking habits.

Old 12-31-2013, 08:56 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
well, he's certainly earned the right to be a college football analyst. When I first heard the news, I thought he was going to cover NFL stuff. Most of the NFL analysts for ESPN are hall of famers and/or superbowl winners. Tebow definitely doesn't belong there. But college analyst, hell yeah he deserves to be LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football