U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:28 PM

16,532 posts, read 21,012,084 times

Advertisements

And if truth be told, he probably is relishing his role as carrier of the clipboard. The reason I say that is the 24 hour nonstop dreck the Denver media cranked out over the Tebow/Orton stuff. He didn't throw a pass last year, might not this year, barring injury to the 2 quarterbacks.

Yet Brady can throw the ball. He has a strong arm and has demonstrated that in what few Bronco preseason games he has played in. When McDaniels made the trade he was assumed to be penciled in immediately as the Broncos backup quarterback. Then after the 2010 draft with the Broncos selecting Tebow it seemed his stock just plummeted.

I think Quinn can start in this league and be a productive player. With the carnival atmosphere that went on in Denver and with Coach Fox naming Tebow starter now, Quinn doesn't look to get much playing time this year. IIRC he is a free agent at the end of this season. If he does leave Denver I'd like to see him go to a club that will honestly give him a shot at being a starting quarterback.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-25-2011 at 10:21 PM.. Reason: addition
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 07:48 PM

3,965 posts, read 2,518,544 times
Totally agree, Double H. I know he didnt look great in Cleveland, but at that time, no one looked good with the Browns. So, I keep wondering what exactly did he do to get relegated to such an also-ran status?

I dont know if he is the answer for some team, but I think he at least deserves a fair shake.

Old 10-26-2011, 09:35 AM

23,661 posts, read 33,505,247 times
Personally, if I were Quinn I would never have agreed to that trade to Denver if I had a choice. There was just no way to start there. I think a team that is in the starting QB market should at least take a flier on him.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:43 AM

13,945 posts, read 19,192,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Personally, if I were Quinn I would never have agreed to that trade to Denver if I had a choice. There was just no way to start there. I think a team that is in the starting QB market should at least take a flier on him.
At the time though, it was a perfect situation at the time. He was getting to go back to a very similar offense to what he played in college and work with a well respected QB guru. It wasn't until the Tebow pick that it put Brady in a bad spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football