U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 04:36 PM

143 posts, read 388,403 times

Advertisements

How many people have taken notice other than Browns fans?

I think he's look dang good, Browns haven't had a QB with that poise, confidence and just the feel like he belongs there behind center in almost 20 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 04:47 PM

Oh, and if you have taken notice, should he start? and when?

Old 08-29-2007, 05:09 PM

536 posts, read 1,100,021 times
i have taken notice, and he has looked pretty good. the way i see it is the browns arent that good anyways so might as well let him start, what have they got to lose? might as well give him the ball

Old 08-30-2007, 09:51 AM

311 posts, read 1,281,261 times
I'm sure Dolphins fans have taken notice. He fell right into their laps and they didn't select him.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:11 AM

Hey Dolfan, how has John Beck looked? Haven't seen him in the preseason, but I did read back in june or so that he wasn't doing all that hot at minicamp. Of course, neither was Brady Quinn so that is not saying much. Maybe they are both gamers?

I agree, Frye is maddening to watch, let the kid play. There might be more mistakes than you want, but Frye would give you that anyway. At least you have a chance at a few passing TDs.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:25 AM

311 posts, read 1,281,261 times
His first preseason game wasn't too great but he has done a little better since.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:23 PM

157 posts, read 589,926 times
iamman:

With Quinn, maybe the Browns got the benefit of the "Dan Marino Draft Syndrome" (Dolfan should dig this). I'm not saying that Quinn is or ever will be Marino, but I think that Marino was a college star so early in his career that it gave pro scouts much more time (4 years) to "over-analyze" his game ... as a result he was the last pick of the first round (I think). I was skeptical about Quinn, but after the preseason, I'm starting to think he may have been "Marino'd". What do you think Dolfan?

That being said, patience can be a virtue (like some NFL general mgr. cares what I think LOL!). Carson Palmer was on the bench his first season. In fact, of all of last year's playoff teams, I think that only Peyton and Brady played significant roles in their rookie seasons, and they had pretty good players around them (I may have to go look this up - I might be way wrong). Perhaps Cleveland should take it easy and really let Quinn get his footing in the league -- by next season he may have a stronger off. line and more offensive weapons. No need to hurry in a franchise that seems to be building in some pretty right ways ... just my humble thoughts ... thanks!

Last edited by dgoboy204; 08-30-2007 at 10:38 PM..

Old 08-30-2007, 11:39 PM

468 posts, read 1,517,191 times
I'd start him immediately, but that's me. He's a humble young man, he acknowledges he made a mistake with the whole holdout at the beginning, and if you throw him in the fire, you can expose him to mistakes he'll make later anyways. I mean, when the two other QB's you have are Derek Anderson and Charlie Frye, you've gotta give it to Quinn. With Jamal Lewis and Braylon Edwards, the Browns have the building blocks for a successful team in the future.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:30 AM

2,368 posts, read 6,836,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nl2134 View Post
I'd start him immediately, but that's me. He's a humble young man, he acknowledges he made a mistake with the whole holdout at the beginning, and if you throw him in the fire, you can expose him to mistakes he'll make later anyways. I mean, when the two other QB's you have are Derek Anderson and Charlie Frye, you've gotta give it to Quinn. With Jamal Lewis and Braylon Edwards, the Browns have the building blocks for a successful team in the future.
Im a big Browns fan,and I think they can win 8 or 9 games this year.They looked good in the preseason.With 9 wins they might be able to make the playoffs.They still have alot of cap room too,so even if they don't make the playoffs this year,they'll probably end up signing a couple more impact players,and they'll for sure be good in the 2008-2009 season.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:55 PM

325 posts, read 991,057 times
I think the Browns should take their time in putting Brady into the starting QB roll. The Steelers and Ravens defenses might kill the guy. First game of the season for the Browns is at home against my boys the Steelers. That might be career suicide for him. I think he should sit out learn some things this season. The Browns arent going anywhere this season or probably next season either so whats the rush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football