Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 08:19 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,141,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
I'm becoming a born again Christian.
If they win the SB I may have to consider this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 08:54 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,177 times
Congrats to the Broncos-----I think one of the major reasons for their resurgence today, is due to the fact they took the shackles off Tebow today told him to let it go.

The past three or four weeks their offense has so scripted and they had handcuffs on Tebow.

He still needs a lot of work and development----but he has ability----if the Broncs are going to go any further let him do it------they have gotten much further than they could have possibly have anticipated.

The bubble may burst at New England------dont resort to putting shackles back on Tebow---have him turn the ball loose again and who knows.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:11 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Who do you blame for the o line situation the last 5 years or so?
That's a good question.

What Bruce Arians has designed most closely resembles the old "Run and Shoot" offense. The Run and Shoot relies on speed more than power, which is why FBs and TEs are seldom used in it. It's also a vertical offense that relies on stretching the field, which is also what makes it notoriously inefficient in the red zone, because the field can't be stretched. The only real difference in design between the Run and Shoot and whatever it is that Arians has designed is that Arians uses TEs more often. Otherwise it's basically the same.

The problem with the offensive line is that it's built for power, not speed. If Bill Cowher was still the head coach and Ken Whisenhunt was still the offensive coordinator, then it'd be fine because they prefer "power" offenses. Otherwise, Maurkice Pouncey is the only starting offensive lineman who's a good fit for a speed-based offense, and the rest of them are too large and too slow to execute it properly. I guess it's Arians' fault if he believes that his system can work in spite of it. On the other hand, if he's lobbied for more nimble offensive linemen and been denied until recently, then it's the front office's fault.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:13 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Thanks for the congrats. But I disagree that "they" took any shackles off of TT.

I think the Broncos just made plays today. They threw the ball Ike Taylor's way with some success, but Tebow only threw 10 times. That's ten times for some 3:16 yards... er... 316 yards... oh, how weird. Hardly taking the shackles off. The Broncos took what the Steelers gave them... which was not the running game.

But I say it's just a matter of the Broncos getting back to what they were doing before the 3 game skid... just in time for all the media honks to jump off the Tebow-Bandwagon... and they got it going in the 2nd for a change.

This time, it was the Steelers with the comeback ... that fell a little bit short. How about Denvers' Defense and special teams? Playing well enough to give Tebow a chance to show that he can in fact throw the ball when he absolutely has to... to the tune of 31.6 yards per throw.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:26 PM

Tebow did average 31.6 yards a completion---he threw the ball 21 times-----its just my impression that they let him be himself more today,and he looked looser.

Its a good story and again congrats to Bronco fans----being from South Florida, we all find ourselves following the Broncos closely now since most of us followed Tebow closely at Florida for four years----good luck.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:32 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,158 times
I just read Elway's first playoff game was a loss -- to Pittsburgh -- at home. Today, Elway got Tebowed.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:32 PM

Oh right. He completed 10 passes. But 21 attemps is still about half what a "normal" quarterback has in a game.

My bro and his family lives in Bradenton. His wife went to Florida in Gainesville. You can bet they're big Tebow/Bronco fans. They used to live next door to Robbie... a kicker who used to play for the Gators. He had a medical problem which disabled him a bit. He was a good kid though.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:43 PM

I agree ------Tebow definitely is a good kid------he is a genuine---not a plastic guy at all.

Its ok to have some fun on the Tebowing bit-----most of it is in good fun---some of it is bitterness.

With all the phony nonsense that takes place during endzone celebrations, if he wants to have a brief moment of thanks----its fine with me.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:46 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,743,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
How about Denvers' Defense and special teams? Playing well enough to give Tebow a chance to show that he can in fact throw the ball when he absolutely has to... to the tune of 31.6 yards per throw.
Honestly, it doesn't take much to stop a Bruce Arians-coordinated offense. It'll stop itself once it gets into the red zone and can't stretch the field anymore. That's how Roethlisberger's career TD percentage has dropped from 5.8% at the end of the 2007 season to 5.0% now. In five years with Arians coordinating the offense and calling the plays, Roethlisberger's career TD percentage has dropped by nearly a full percent. This is what I talk about when I say that he's done less with more than any other coach I've ever seen.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:51 PM

Waa more shoulda coulda woulda. Why don't you take your boring Steeler stats to the Steeler thread?

I've got some more Denver Bronco Victory gloating to do. Would you mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Congratulations on the win, but have you noticed how I don't gloat on other team's topics when the Steelers win?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football